Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 18, 2018, 08:40:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482]
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 39464 times)
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7215 on: Today at 05:37:24 PM »

We play @A&M and have the COCKS, 2 decent SEC teams, so I simply disagree.

Bama plays LOU, don't get that either.

All they are doing is cherry-picking P5 ooc schedules on unpredictable relative weakness.

We played AUB last year and they turned out pretty good, which was also unexpected.

They can fuck off, just some jock-sniffer looking for an angle in the lean times...

It doesn't really mean jack shit JB. Clemson or Alabama could play 11 teams in the Big Ten and beat them all. When you're good your good. SOS is a tool, an important tool sure. But not the only tool.

Last year the Committee used the most important tool correctly, put Bama in, and the rest is history. SOS, W/L Head to head, OOC, all are tools. But if the tool up top yo shoulders can't process them correctly then they are as useful as a poopy flavored lollypop.
Alabama  got to the playoff because Ohio State lost two games. Had the SEC played 9 conference games and ‘Bama lost another conference game (or the OSU beat Iowa) the Buckeyes would have gone.
Yep. The Committee has consistently valued a one loss team over a.two loss team in terms of their over all resume. Odd that some people understood that last year, but not two years ago.

Yep, I agree, the Committee is human and sometimes gets it wrong.

Odd that some people have always understood that and some have not.
Haven't yet, provided you are clear on what "it" is they are doing.

This might be the stupidest thing you've kept saying for a long long time.

You initial premise has always been wrong and you just don't understand that.

Contrary to your's and James' best efforts, I and others understand what the Committee does and how it 'supposedly' operates.

Yes we understand what the Committee does. But that doesn't make them right. So they get 'it' the result wrong.

When it comes to that concept you don't get it. Rather you keep strutting up and down the forum how you understand and I and others don't.

Bite me already.
You say that,  but if I did it you'd be pissed. They always are.

You have never understood what the Committee does, by your posts. For instance (Leaving aside for now your repeated view that the Committee coming to a different conclusion from yours is not only wrong but corrupt) you think that a team losing badly means the Committee was wrong.

You keep clinging to that and I keep trying to set you right. We know how the Committee operates. They make an emphasis on their many headed monster rules at whatever whim strikes them at the time. We get it.
Exactly my point.  They have been consistent in the application of their criteria.  You disagree with them, and so mark it down to corruption.  In part this is becuse you do not understand their criteria, in part because that's just who you are.  You have never given more than lip service to the idea that people can look at the facts and disagree with you.

And of course if they come to a different conclusion than mine then I think they are wrong. WhyTF would I think I'm wrong? That would make no sense at all. Why should I have an opinion only to think I'm wrong. That would be nutty. Sometimes I don't think you're all there bro.
Yep, dichotomous thinking.  "Disagree" is never one of your options.  Exactly what I am getting at.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7216 on: Today at 06:07:13 PM »

We play @A&M and have the COCKS, 2 decent SEC teams, so I simply disagree.

Bama plays LOU, don't get that either.

All they are doing is cherry-picking P5 ooc schedules on unpredictable relative weakness.

We played AUB last year and they turned out pretty good, which was also unexpected.

They can fuck off, just some jock-sniffer looking for an angle in the lean times...

It doesn't really mean jack shit JB. Clemson or Alabama could play 11 teams in the Big Ten and beat them all. When you're good your good. SOS is a tool, an important tool sure. But not the only tool.

Last year the Committee used the most important tool correctly, put Bama in, and the rest is history. SOS, W/L Head to head, OOC, all are tools. But if the tool up top yo shoulders can't process them correctly then they are as useful as a poopy flavored lollypop.
Alabama  got to the playoff because Ohio State lost two games. Had the SEC played 9 conference games and ‘Bama lost another conference game (or the OSU beat Iowa) the Buckeyes would have gone.
Yep. The Committee has consistently valued a one loss team over a.two loss team in terms of their over all resume. Odd that some people understood that last year, but not two years ago.

Yep, I agree, the Committee is human and sometimes gets it wrong.

Odd that some people have always understood that and some have not.
Haven't yet, provided you are clear on what "it" is they are doing.

This might be the stupidest thing you've kept saying for a long long time.

You initial premise has always been wrong and you just don't understand that.

Contrary to your's and James' best efforts, I and others understand what the Committee does and how it 'supposedly' operates.

Yes we understand what the Committee does. But that doesn't make them right. So they get 'it' the result wrong.

When it comes to that concept you don't get it. Rather you keep strutting up and down the forum how you understand and I and others don't.

Bite me already.
You say that,  but if I did it you'd be pissed. They always are.

You have never understood what the Committee does, by your posts. For instance (Leaving aside for now your repeated view that the Committee coming to a different conclusion from yours is not only wrong but corrupt) you think that a team losing badly means the Committee was wrong.

You keep clinging to that and I keep trying to set you right. We know how the Committee operates. They make an emphasis on their many headed monster rules at whatever whim strikes them at the time. We get it.
Exactly my point.  They have been consistent in the application of their criteria.  You disagree with them, and so mark it down to corruption.  In part this is becuse you do not understand their criteria, in part because that's just who you are.  You have never given more than lip service to the idea that people can look at the facts and disagree with you.

And of course if they come to a different conclusion than mine then I think they are wrong. WhyTF would I think I'm wrong? That would make no sense at all. Why should I have an opinion only to think I'm wrong. That would be nutty. Sometimes I don't think you're all there bro.
Yep, dichotomous thinking.  "Disagree" is never one of your options.  Exactly what I am getting at.

Except they haven't been consistent. It has been pointed out by several folks, myself included.

And if I disagree then I think they are wrong. Please try and make some sense, one Skipster is enough.

Dichotomous. 

You do like your fancy words don't you. Couldn't just use contrary or opposite like the rest of us plebs could you. God love ya bro.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks YG
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7217 on: Today at 06:37:00 PM »

One inconsistency. And, I realize that you think of "disagee" as "wrong".

What does it matter?  All is grace.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7218 on: Today at 06:56:21 PM »

I have no problem with the committee putting us in 2 years in a row, their logic is fucking dichotomous as shit.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7219 on: Today at 07:15:22 PM »

One inconsistency. And, I realize that you think of "disagee" as "wrong".

Not just one.

Which it is wrong when you come right down to it. Perhaps it is escaping you that if it wasn't you wouldn't keep arguing about it.

Thanks YG
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482]
  Print  

Jump to: