Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 20, 2018, 04:34:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492]
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 51030 times)
bosox18d

Bayn Solomon just straight up sucks bum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7365 on: May 31, 2018, 04:39:24 PM »

Selling my house so I’ve been spending all of my free time renovating and sleeping. I’m competently handy with a saw and tape measure. And paying someone that’s actually good at it will cost a man big time these days.

Completely ripped out one of the bathrooms. New subfloor, new floor, new walls ceiling, new ceiling, new ceiling fan, medicine cabinet, vanity, lights, installed an in-ceiling shower light just to show off, towel hangers, etc etc, agggghhhhh somebody shoot me! The contractor wanted $6500.00, I did it for about $2800.00 in materials, a couple of gallons of sweat, one hammered finger, a few elbow owies, and varieties of sawdust up my nose and down my neck. Oh yeah, caulking sucks and plumbing blows.

I also took a couple of weeks off down in the low country to rest my weary bones afterwards. Came home and mowed my three acres of hay fields that had hitherto been known to me as my lawn, trimmed the Triffids crowding my lighthouse, plucked the petunias, peed on the peonies, and carried my duffel bag of mail inside. Most of it to be run through the shredder. 

Now the garage is next. It was never finished on the inside so I’m going to insulate it and put up inside walls, wire new ceiling lights, put up a new ceiling, paint it inside and out, maybe even resurface the concrete floor.

Popped in a couple of times and saw nothing much going on in the off-season, so I didn’t think I’d be missed. But since Stevie boy is bleeding out the ass trying to get me to fucking say something I figured I’d better, before the anemic fuck died of blood loss.

I mean shit, Skippy hasn't said nary a word either. But nobody seems to give a shit about that.  Oh wait....  Cheesy

You have to keep an eye on those petunias o.o

"If it keeps going like this,the Zamboni driver is going to be the first star"
DeeJ

« Reply #7366 on: May 31, 2018, 11:07:54 PM »

Maybe Cap found something better to do with his time than trying to educate Morons
A decision that there’s no chance that you might make.....

Today is your lucky day, DickLessDriverNut, and your pet DickLeastJumboNut. AKA, JimTheRed.

From the day El Capitan returns, I'll depart Elba for 1 calendar year.

Cross my heart and hope to.....you know the rest

Perfect timing, El Capitan,  DriverNut has been driving himself more insane worrying about you.
And RisqueNut and JumboRedDicklessJim are just plain sick that you've been AWOL.

June 1 will mark my one year absence from Elba. See you in June 2019 after you have sold the new house you built and are settled in your new place.  Send out the DeeJ signal if you need any help with the local Morons.
I know you can handle them all with both hands tied behind your back.  Better end now....words like tied make DriverNut and RisquéNut start to shake!
Best of luck, Cap, Troj, JB, Yank and Banks!

[
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7367 on: June 01, 2018, 10:35:23 AM »

It sounds like you have been productive and that's a great thing.

I would worry about Jim also if people pointed out he was "missing."  He's a nice guy in real life.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7368 on: June 02, 2018, 10:29:22 AM »

Selling my house so I’ve been spending all of my free time renovating and sleeping. I’m competently handy with a saw and tape measure. And paying someone that’s actually good at it will cost a man big time these days.

Completely ripped out one of the bathrooms. New subfloor, new floor, new walls ceiling, new ceiling, new ceiling fan, medicine cabinet, vanity, lights, installed an in-ceiling shower light just to show off, towel hangers, etc etc, agggghhhhh somebody shoot me! The contractor wanted $6500.00, I did it for about $2800.00 in materials, a couple of gallons of sweat, one hammered finger, a few elbow owies, and varieties of sawdust up my nose and down my neck. Oh yeah, caulking sucks and plumbing blows.

I also took a couple of weeks off down in the low country to rest my weary bones afterwards. Came home and mowed my three acres of hay fields that had hitherto been known to me as my lawn, trimmed the Triffids crowding my lighthouse, plucked the petunias, peed on the peonies, and carried my duffel bag of mail inside. Most of it to be run through the shredder. 

Now the garage is next. It was never finished on the inside so I’m going to insulate it and put up inside walls, wire new ceiling lights, put up a new ceiling, paint it inside and out, maybe even resurface the concrete floor.

Popped in a couple of times and saw nothing much going on in the off-season, so I didn’t think I’d be missed. But since Stevie boy is bleeding out the ass trying to get me to fucking say something I figured I’d better, before the anemic fuck died of blood loss.

I mean shit, Skippy hasn't said nary a word either. But nobody seems to give a shit about that.  Oh wait....  Cheesy

cap-Good luck with the home renovations and prospective sale.

and remember measure twice and cut once, or is it...

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7369 on: June 04, 2018, 05:49:36 PM »

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/2019-college-football-hall-of-fame-ballot-carson-palmer-darren-mcfadden-rashaan-salaam/1f5tpb01thsmq13byw982nievm

The CFB HOF ballot is out. Other than the three obvious ones - Flozell Adams, Tony Mandarich and Lorenzo White - who should get in?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7370 on: June 05, 2018, 03:44:23 PM »

I've sort of missed this sort of sharp, insightful analysis from you, Steve.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7371 on: June 05, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »

I've sort of missed this sort of sharp, insightful analysis from you, Steve.

I also think Joe Thomas deserves something for putting up with the last 10 years.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7372 on: June 05, 2018, 08:49:59 PM »

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/2019-college-football-hall-of-fame-ballot-carson-palmer-darren-mcfadden-rashaan-salaam/1f5tpb01thsmq13byw982nievm

The CFB HOF ballot is out. Other than the three obvious ones - Flozell Adams, Tony Mandarich and Lorenzo White - who should get in?
And not Rashaan Salaam ?
 I can’t believe you as an MSU fan would overlook this Heisman winner’s play in AnnArbor in 1994.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7373 on: June 06, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »

Jb,

What was the general mood of the alumni after Swinney's first 3 or 4 seasons?  Most coaches would not make it past this these days it seems like...

Clemson Tigers (Atlantic Coast Conference) (2008–present)
2008 Clemson 4–3[A 1] 3–2 T–3rd (Atlantic) L Gator
2009 Clemson 9–5 6–2 1st (Atlantic) W Music City 24
2010 Clemson 6–7 4–4 T–4th (Atlantic) L Meineke Car Care

I think we were so happy to have Bowden gone everybody forgot to care.
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7374 on: June 13, 2018, 08:44:59 PM »

NCCAA rule change now allows players to play in up to four games and not lose a season of eligibility.
That’s  any four games.
Players have five years to play four seasons.
However, the rule is not retroactive.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7375 on: June 15, 2018, 02:39:59 PM »

Saw this.  Not sure what this will mean or how it will shake out.   It seems at first glance like it will be more of an advantage to those teams that have quality 2nd tier players.  Teams like Michigan State should benefit for instance?   The stars are not going to be red-shirting and staying five years anyway.
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7376 on: June 16, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »

Saw this.  Not sure what this will mean or how it will shake out.   It seems at first glance like it will be more of an advantage to those teams that have quality 2nd tier players.  Teams like Michigan State should benefit for instance?   The stars are not going to be red-shirting and staying five years anyway.
Allows more players a shot in the cupcake games.
Also allows for late season injury replacements without burning elibility.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7377 on: June 16, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »

and giving kids experience for the next year by putting them in late in the season in meaningless games.
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492]
  Print  

Jump to: