Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 23, 2018, 03:28:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who has the best chance of upsetting the Patriots' chances of winning another Super Bowl?
Chargers
Giants
Packers
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 289
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 34766 times)
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4230 on: February 07, 2018, 10:38:18 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/report-bob-lamonte-fires-josh-mcdaniels

PFT is not a big Lamonte fan, based on his conduct following McDaniel's decision.

Lamonte is, of course, not a big McDaniels fan.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4231 on: February 07, 2018, 10:39:47 PM »

Not a big Dungy guy but he is right on this one:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tony-dungy-josh-mcdaniels-hanging-211316267.html
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4232 on: February 07, 2018, 11:23:33 PM »

While there are elements of McDaniels/Colts/Pats that are unfortunate, he has the right and responsibility to do what is in his and his family's best interest.

I'm sure Dungy would agree that the best interest of his wife and children should take precedence over all else.

The parallels of McDaniels backing out of Indy with BB's career path is impossible to ignore, and one wonders if there was a last minute discussion with BB about his experience in Cleveland and wanting a real solid 2nd chance opportunity to succeed in, and the decison that the NYJets was not the ideal 2nd and maybe last opportunity to suceed. BB was familiar and comfortable with his 2nd chance team (the Pats) and the owner.

if Josh did not suceed in Indy with an iffy Luck and a wildcard in Irsay, his HC days mave have ben over before he hit 45.

While I am only speculating, it is not hard to grasp his (probable) reasoning

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4233 on: February 08, 2018, 12:00:54 AM »

While there are elements of McDaniels/Colts/Pats that are unfortunate, he has the right and responsibility to do what is in his and his family's best interest.

I'm sure Dungy would agree that the best interest of his wife and children should take precedence over all else.

The parallels of McDaniels backing out of Indy with BB's career path is impossible to ignore, and one wonders if there was a last minute discussion with BB about his experience in Cleveland and wanting a real solid 2nd chance opportunity to succeed in, and the decison that the NYJets was not the ideal 2nd and maybe last opportunity to suceed. BB was familiar and comfortable with his 2nd chance team (the Pats) and the owner.

if Josh did not suceed in Indy with an iffy Luck and a wildcard in Irsay, his HC days mave have ben over before he hit 45.

There are a couple unanswered questions.

One is what he told his potential assistant coaches, because while he has the right to look out for his family, it's unclear he has the right to screw other people's families in the process.

The other is what, exactly, prompted the change (if there was a change at all). Yes, whether the luck would have been with Josh or not is an important question, but unless there was news that he learned that we have not, the risk was known before he made whatever level of commitment he made. So... what did he learn that prompted the change?!

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4234 on: February 08, 2018, 10:42:39 AM »

There are a couple unanswered questions.

One is what he told his potential assistant coaches, because while he has the right to look out for his family, it's unclear he has the right to screw other people's families in the process.

The other is what, exactly, prompted the change (if there was a change at all). Yes, whether the luck would have been with Josh or not is an important question, but unless there was news that he learned that we have not, the risk was known before he made whatever level of commitment he made. So... what did he learn that prompted the change?!

as I said there may have been unfortunate consequences to his backing out. But its on the guys he talked too to wait until its official (2 weeks) before making any life changing decisions.

Again if he re-assessed the risk/reward of the two situations and came to a different conclusion he was well within his right to change his mind.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:47:49 AM by bankshot1 » Logged

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4235 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »

Jimmy G and 49ers reach 5 year deal

5/137

highest paid player in NFL

good trade

heh

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4236 on: February 08, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »

I can understand where Dungy is coming from, whether I believe it or not is different matter.

So he is paid to analyze the NFL QBs by their relationship with Jesus.
STFU.

And defend the HOF argument that you have yet to make.

9-10 in the play-offs with the best QB on his team in 12 of those game.

Uh...."Say, what?"

He is as overrated as a coach as Samuel L. Jackson is as an actor. 

You don’t have many friends and the ones you have talk about you when you’re not around.

Guess you can't back up your opinion. Again.

Maybe some day that will happen, but to date it hasn't.

Bama.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4237 on: February 08, 2018, 01:46:24 PM »

5/137

good trade

heh

HOW?

bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4238 on: February 08, 2018, 01:48:11 PM »

5/137

good trade

heh

HOW?

TIC

Why BB didn't pick-up the phone will remain the 2nd biggest question not answered this year.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4239 on: February 08, 2018, 04:35:13 PM »

I can understand where Dungy is coming from, whether I believe it or not is different matter.

So he is paid to analyze the NFL QBs by their relationship with Jesus.
STFU.

9-10 in the play-offs with the best QB on his team in 12 of those game.

Uh...."Say, what?"

He is as overrated as a coach as Samuel L. Jackson is as an actor.  

You don’t have many friends and the ones you have talk about you when you’re not around.

Guess you can't back up your opinion. Again.

Maybe some day that will happen, but to date it hasn't.

Bama.

I believe I said I understand where Dungy is coming from (his faith perspective) and also did not to commit as to whether I agree.

You do realize that makes no sense whatsoever.

I said he was a good coach, where’s the controversy?

He’s in the HOF and you’re a whiny bitch desperate for attention.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:52:58 PM by NYKnicks12 » Logged
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4240 on: February 08, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »

So, Dungy, who is paid by NBC to analyze players says the guy will have a good game because of his faith and you're okay with that?

How about if he said, "I don't think Foles will do well today, because he is not a strong believer in Jesus Christ"?

You'd be okay with that, too, it seems.

Still not a HOFer.

And you're a piece of shit who will die alone.

NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4241 on: February 09, 2018, 12:10:11 AM »

So, Dungy, who is paid by NBC to analyze players says the guy will have a good game because of his faith and you're okay with that?

How about if he said, "I don't think Foles will do well today, because he is not a strong believer in Jesus Christ"?

Still not a HOFer.

I don’t care what he says on tv. He has a great body of work from Graduate Assistant to Super Bowl Head Coach and he’s a branch on the Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll coaching tree. He earned his jacket and bust.

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

Orson Welles
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4242 on: February 09, 2018, 06:46:23 AM »

Epic rant:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22370934

Roger Goodell has to be thrilled. The league looks clownish.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:54:08 AM by MrUtley3 » Logged

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4243 on: February 09, 2018, 07:04:29 AM »

I think the NFL could use a healthy dose of clownishness.

I don't know what happens when people die. Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try. It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear. That I can't sing. I can't help listening and I can't help feeling stupid standing around.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4244 on: February 09, 2018, 07:05:36 AM »

Still not a HOFer.

I don’t care what he says on tv. He has a great body of work from Graduate Assistant to Super Bowl Head Coach and he’s a branch on the Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll coaching tree. He earned his jacket and bust.

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

Orson Welles

Branch? He's a twig on the forest floor. The single most overrated coach in the Hall of Fame. He's the black Marv Levy. He's like George W. Bush. He was handed the Cadillac of quarterbacks and crashed it repeatedly into a tree, with HOF receivers and winning only 1 Superbowl with countless trips to the play-offs in which he was only 10-9. 10 and 9 with Peyton Manning as your QB?

He kept his job for the same reason that Marvin Lewis keeps his, and for the same reason he won't be disciplined or fired for reneging his duty to provide analysis of the game and its players instead of injecting his bullshit religion into the broadcast.

Orson Welles? Have another sandwich, Rosebud.

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 289
  Print  

Jump to: