Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 03, 2019, 01:54:39 AM

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 19562 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #870 on: February 13, 2019, 10:42:47 AM »

Doesn't Hunt still face a possible suspension for part/all of the upcoming season?

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 15, 2019, 06:22:49 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-colin-kaepernick-withdraws-collusion-case-nfl-190149703.html

Two things. NFL likely was afraid of discovery, if the case moved forward. Kaepernick had his price.

Can't imagine Ghandi or MLK settling for cash, can you?

In the end, there was more Tawana Brawley than Rose Parks reflected in those knelt-downs of his.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 15, 2019, 09:33:38 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-colin-kaepernick-withdraws-collusion-case-nfl-190149703.html

Two things. NFL likely was afraid of discovery, if the case moved forward. Kaepernick had his price.

Can't imagine Ghandi or MLK settling for cash, can you?

In the end, there was more Tawana Brawley than Rose Parks reflected in those knelt-downs of his.

We can't all be the stalwart defenders of civil rights that you are.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 16, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »

Maybe you should just cede that you and others were wrong about this guy, instead of launching yet another personal attack, merely because I don't root for your team, joshie.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 16, 2019, 07:25:48 AM »

Maybe you should just cede that you and others were wrong about this guy, instead of launching yet another personal attack, merely because I don't root for your team, joshie.
Or maybe we should just recognize that you are a racist fuck holding him to a stupid standard you do not hold.others to,, and would find some.way to criticize him regardless of what he did.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 16, 2019, 07:45:32 AM »

Or maybe we should just recognize that you are a racist fuck holding him to a stupid standard you do not hold.others to,, and would find some.way to criticize him regardless of what he did.

That's quite an assertion, barrister. But didn't they teach you in law school to support an argument with something factual?

The fact us, the QB who knelt for the oppressed, just cashed in. He took money, and went from kneeling down for his principled, to lying down for a payoff.

Find one post of mine that opposed his kneeling. Find a post where I chastised him for his race.

Then get back to me on that racist label you like to toss around as casually as your bigoted Ohioan friend uses the term Nazi, and apologize.

Recognize the you made a mistake, and own up to it.

If you're able to do so.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 16, 2019, 08:11:25 AM »

That's quite an assertion, barrister. But didn't they teach you in law school to support an argument with something factual?

The fact us, the QB who knelt for the oppressed, just cashed in. He took money, and went from kneeling down for his principled, to lying down for a payoff.

Find one post of mine that opposed his kneeling. Find a post where I chastised him for his race.

Then get back to me on that racist label you like to toss around as casually as your bigoted Ohioan friend uses the term Nazi, and apologize.

Recognize the you made a mistake, and own up to it.

If you're able to do so.
I called you a racist be ause you have demonstrated your racism in post after post, issue after issue, for.20 years on the NYT forum and here. You are a racist fuck. You would remain a racist fuck regardless of your position on Kaepernick.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 16, 2019, 08:18:14 AM »

I see.

You have your own stats.

Clearly, then, you don't know the meaning of the word, counselor.

Off you go, now, back to a world of your own creation.

Do get back to us, once you've recovered from speaking with the devil himself.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 16, 2019, 08:58:57 AM »

I used to wonder if you were a racist or just a fucking self righteous asshole.  Then I realized they were not mutually exclusive alternatives.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 16, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »

Kaep was probably unfairly denied the opportunity to ply his trade by owner collusion. I see no problem with him being compenansated for his lost opportunity and wages due to an illegal conspiracy.

As far as I know while he can not discuss the details of the settlement, he is free to speak his mind about any issue and continue to be a social actvist.

And this settlement is cheap for the NFL, probably $2-3 miilion max per owner, the cost of one bad contract, and they avoid the embarrassment of disclosed e-mails likely revealing the collusion, maybe racism, and maybe shots at Trump. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 16, 2019, 10:40:20 AM »

This is not my work, so I can't attest to it, (I've done similar stuff) but others have checked off on this, so I'm posting it here.

It general it addresses and rebuts the "AFC East is easy" argument in discussing the Pats success.

"If you remove the winner of every division since 2001, and look at the records of only teams 2-4 against teams outside their division, the AFC East has the best record since 2001. In other words, teams 2-4 in the AFC East perform better against non-division opponents than the 2-4 teams in any other division. The AFC East is full of mediocre teams that would be 9-11 win teams in other divisions if they weren’t losing to the Patriots. It rarely has bum teams, like the Browns, Raiders, Jaguars were for so long."

So, no, “AFC East” is not a valid answer to this question.

https://twitter.com/PatriotsSBLIII/status/1060993804944183301

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 16, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »

I used to wonder if you were a racist or just a fucking self righteous asshole.  Then I realized they were not mutually exclusive alternatives.

I've never wondered about you, being the pretentious and supercilious boor that you are.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 16, 2019, 01:56:03 PM »

I can literally think of no person on  earth whose opinion I care less about than yours.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]