Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900175 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #16590 on: January 23, 2021, 01:13:08 AM »

The thing Thibs should do though in the not too distant future is swap Burks for Bullock in terms of starting and coming off the bench.

Thibs wants the D among the starters.  Reg Bull is a solid player on both ends
(though he really can't put the ball on the floor at all for a wing).
Everyone's superhero Burks thudded back to earth.

TyH and Holmes combined for 10 blocks!
SacKings only had 6 turnovers.

I only caught the last few minutes.
But TyH can play.  Post-game he admitted to a little extra motivation v. NYK due to the way draft night went down.

SAC actually has good unbiased informative announcers in Mark Jones and Doug Christie.  They thought a key to the endgame was Luke switching Bagley on to RJB and Hairy Barnes on Randle.

Knix shot only 5-22 on 3's, with RJB making both of his.  Non-RJB Knix 3-19.
Looks like a tired game -- and of course Knick starters have been playing major mins.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:07:06 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
TyH
« Reply #16591 on: January 23, 2021, 01:18:50 AM »

TyH looked great.  My only question on him is how high is his ceiling.  Is his game (polished as it is) close to his ceiling already?  OR is he a Curry in the making?

This question may come back to haunt us.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16592 on: January 23, 2021, 01:38:55 AM »

Give him 3 or four years to grow into a man’s body and be able to hold his spot. Then you will start to get a peak at his upper floors.

I still like our kids though, but they need even more work.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16593 on: January 23, 2021, 01:44:14 AM »

Theoretically, on a redraft for the Knicks, Halliburton followed by McDaniels or Tillman or Bane or Perry or Reed or to throw Kid a bone Carey, and we’d be better off.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16594 on: January 23, 2021, 02:19:32 AM »

Knix have won other games with very poor 3 point shooting.
The ones I recall:
v. ATL, Knick starters 1-12 on 3's
v. UTA, Knick starters 2-13; game saved by Rivers killing it 5-7

I think Haliburton is pretty smooth and polished, but can develop and round his game.  He has a good feel on both ends, a nice 2-way player.  TyH can improve his PG play, get more consistent on 3's, learn the League.  He's already an above average player and probably his team's best 2-way player.  And you're worried about ceiling.  (ironically, not a high ceiling was one of the knocks on Knix pix ObiT).  Basically on these Knix, TyH could be taking the Reg Bollocks starting spot.

TyH reminds me some of Kerry Kittles but with more ballhandling/passing ability.
Best is TyH seems to be a hardworker, high BB IQ, with good self-awareness.
Is he going to be just a solid starter you can rely on or an all-star?  Not that many good 2-way players, let alone rooks.  He'd certainly look good on these Knix.  Helping Elf and Julius keep the ball moving and offense flowing.  Balancing out Quickly in the same manner on the 2nd unit.  Versatile player.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:32:45 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16595 on: January 23, 2021, 02:36:56 AM »

Didn't say I was worried about his ceiling.  I'm saying he's already quite good (and I did want to draft him).  It's just fair to ask if he has an All-Star level or not.  I think he could be a Brogdon type, yes.  He doesn't have that far to go to get to that level.  Does he have a level beyond that? 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #16596 on: January 23, 2021, 02:45:22 AM »

Knicks hadn't won both of a B2B in 4 years before they did it earlier this season.  Wasn't gonna happen again so soon.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16597 on: January 23, 2021, 02:52:30 AM »

Brogdon is a good comparison.
Though TyH a bit more athletic and The Frog a very solid 3-point shooter.

Brogdon and Holmes two of my fave NBA players.  TyH might be making the Top 10 soon.  Actually I have no such list, but maybe should make one.
kiid always asserts that I don't like any players because I don't like the sloppy gunners who play no D he favors.

Wow, The Frog just turned 28.  He made his pro debut at 23, and turned 24 a few months into his career (Dec 11).  So was a 24 year old rook.  Career 47 / 39 / 89.5%.  Smart 2-way player.   
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16598 on: January 23, 2021, 02:56:43 AM »

Just learned you can catch some Knix highlights on their twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/nyknicks
Secure your Clyde fix as well.

Perhaps indeed a schedule loss.
But Knix got lucky in the previous game.
Was a B2B for GSW compounded by Dray Green unceremoniously ejected by mistake, thus missing the entire 2nd half.  The schedule (and refs) setting you up for 1-1 on the Road?  I'll take it.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16599 on: January 23, 2021, 03:10:56 AM »

No KD tonight
Harden and Kyrie get 20 in the first quarter
heh

And Nets lost by 12, getting smoked in the 3Q, giving up 37 Pts.
How do they function without KD who is their backup C and DeAndretheGiant too creaky for huge minutes.  They need to add a player or two via buyouts or Deleagured fellas or guys who can't play overseas because of the pandemic.
look into Alex Len, a Big who was just waived.  If he's healthy.  He can spot in 15 mins a night at C.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16600 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:31 AM »

The Wiz are picking up Len to fill some Thomas Bryant minutes.

Kittles is a good comp for Hali. I was trying to decide who was quicker between him and Fox. It’s close.

If you are gonna hang your hat on D, you need to stake yourself to a lead. To me that means packing dependable scoring into your starting unit.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16601 on: January 23, 2021, 07:43:44 AM »

Knix 1st in limiting opponents FG% and 3-Pt%.
And if that isn't surprising enough, ATL is 2nd in both categories.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16602 on: January 23, 2021, 08:26:30 AM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16603 on: January 23, 2021, 10:33:36 AM »

TyH played very well.  Loved the play where he followed his man after getting picked off, blocked Bullocks FT line J from the side, then followed the ball in the air and glued himself to RJB at the 3-point elbow.  Stayed with RJ who passed as the shot clock ran out.  Also a terrific play where he attacked a close out and did a little floater before Mitch could react.  Had a beautiful steal and fast break dunk on an iffy Burks pass.
Deflected a ball out of bounds as the Knix were swinging it to the corner, allowing the D to reset.  Didn't let Topping post him up in a mismatch.  Even his 3 turnovers were understandable.  A travel attacking a closeout -- being called a lot more this year.  I saw LeBJ get hit with tow of those in the 4Q the other day.  Another: Knix got a steal, lost it and TyH picked it up at halfcourt and zoomed it a bit too high for a King spotted up in the corner.  Another, spotted Bagley open for a moment under the rim, but he couldn't get it there as the Knix recovered quickly. 

All that is just in the 1st half for TyH -- which is what I've watched so far.  Good stuff, despite Ty in the post-game interview saying he was a bit rough in the 1st half (probably referencing the 3 turns).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16604 on: January 23, 2021, 10:39:12 AM »

Randle started off frontrimming his first 2 attempts, usually a sign of tired legs.
Then got going.  But couldn't hit 3's.

Knox still doesn't manage to go string to the rim, but at least got his own miss for a putback.  I think a lot of it is mental for Knox.  Though maybe his jumping is peculiar.
Knix looked best when Elf got it going briefly 2Q.  Knix could have used more energy from Quicks.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1844