Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907558 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
What ifs ...?
« Reply #17190 on: February 18, 2021, 01:12:26 AM »

Seems the real failure was not keeping KZ and adding Randle.
Who better to complement Julius than a 7 foot plus outside shooting/rim protecting C?

Should have been doable, probably if we could have found a taker for Tim Jr.
Teams always want shooters.

Something like Rubio - Tim Jr - RJB - Randle - KZ would be formidable.
(maybe Tim would be gone to make cap space for Randle?)

but even Elf - RJB - Bullox - Randle - KZ would be strong.

Turn the Knox pick into any of the Bridges/Porterhouse/Shai and things perk up even more.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17191 on: February 18, 2021, 01:20:45 AM »

You are forgetting the douchebag factor, Bo.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17192 on: February 18, 2021, 01:36:18 AM »

I really can't recall another rising young superstar forcing his way out on his rookie contract.

No question that the Knix under Phil and his many stooge coaches was poorly run.
 And the players disliked the system.  Maybe if we had hired a Thibs type instead of Hornacek and Fizzle, KZ might have stayed as things cohered behind leadership.

Other teams manage to keep their star yute content for 5+ years.
So you give KZ's bro a cushy scouting job in Euroland, keep his buddy Kuz deep on the roster, don't fire his main workout coach, hire Chip to park KZ's car. 
Oh yeah ... don't treat HoF Melo and vet Noah like shit.

And then amazing how little we got back for trading KZ.
<sigh>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:04:15 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: February 18, 2021, 02:09:35 AM »

Julius had Marcus Morris last year.  He started playing better after the trade.  Julius is playing as the man here.  Would have been a clash with Poizingous.

Also KP isn't playing any defense this year.  His defense rating is 113.  Mitchell's is 105.   Kp's offensive rating is 114.  Mitchell's is 131.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:14:25 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: February 18, 2021, 03:54:56 AM »

Losing some weight and getting in better condition has paid off a lot for Randle.
Able to drive by fools, better lift on his J, and still strong enough to bull his way around.  But this year, Randle is frequently using his drives as a decoy to compromise the D and set up shooters.  Last year he would force drives/shots against double and triple teams.  His J has been great, he's had a few more wonky passes lately (fatigue?), but his assists have been steady and high all year.

KZ was injured and has been somewhat gimpy.
He's had some monster defensive games (one with 13 rebounds and 5 blocks), but some others where he's been a little slow-moving.  This has resulted in more fouls which has limited his minutes in 3 of the last 10 games.  He's playing pretty solid two way ball lately, but sitting out B2B's.

Last 8 games, DAL is 5-3 with a 3 point loss to POR, 1 Point loss to PHX.  But mostly feasted on weak sisters.  DAL team defense has been mediocre to poor.  Despite adding Josh Rich.  Btw, check out Brunson -- looks like he could be a legit starter.  Crafty, tough, plays both ends.

Post-AS will be when we can see where KZ is really at.
KZ and Randle seem like an ideal pairing to me.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17195 on: February 18, 2021, 09:58:28 AM »

I thought Knix outplayed Magic 1st half.
But ORl hit their 3's and was a 1 point game at the mid-break.

Randle had another great 1Q.  Laughing on his way back after his 3rd trey.
But I thought Julius looked tired all through the 3Q when Knix got killed (30-14).
Thibs had to notice, so I guess he just doesn't trust ObiT enough.
But Randle's shots were almost all short, and he was making mistakes on D.  Just looked gassed.

Teams with outside shooting Bigs give NYK trouble. Julius not comfortable out there. Magic roll with Vuc and 4 shooters most of the time.
I thought Thibs mistakenly had Randle doubling Vuc which left open shooters and meant Julius had to cover a lot of ground.
I'd rather Vuc shoot 2's against Nawlins, than doubling and having open 3 point shooters.

Still think Elf is a good finisher.  Been keeping an eye on that the last 7 games or so since we talked about it.
Elf seems to get to the rack and finish creatively over and over.

I didn't realize Aminu was still in the League.  Good to see.  Apparently just back from off season knee surgery.  Just 30.
I never heard of Okeke.  looked solid.
Bo Mama looked fine in his time out there.

Ross killed us.  Never a fan, but he can get hot.
Knix didn't have a lot of energy, and Ross was playing a notch faster than NYK.
He blocked a Quix floater from the side after IQ got him on his hip.
Quicks tried a few floaters from a bit too far out.
Rose & Quick combined 2-22 FG.

Non-Randle Knix were 4-20 on 3's.  And Randle's 3 makes were all in the 1Q.
So all Knicls were 4-20 over the last 3 Q's.
Knix with a 33 point 2nd half.

I haven't seen the 4Q yet ...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:03:56 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: February 18, 2021, 11:07:20 AM »

Thibs didn't have a good feel for the rotation last night

Its OK.  He can have an off game.

I thought Bamba looked fine.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
No Legs
« Reply #17197 on: February 18, 2021, 01:44:37 PM »

Knicks had no legs.  Have been on the road a lot, and the Hawks game was a grinder. 

Fournier came back firing, and Ross is one of those flamethrowers who once he gets hot, it is hard to cool him off.  Not to mention Bacon & Clark.  Ironically, on the offensive side, we held Vucevic in check [0-7 from trey]

I thought Bomba looked graceful and athletic in his 10 minutes.  $10,000,000 qualifying offer graceful?  He needs to be force fed significant minutes.  Not happenning on the Knicks. 

By the way Bo, I WAS KP'S DRIVER, but he fired me to hire a cousin, citing suspicions that I was a Phil Jackson mole and noting that I was too damn short. 

Ah, yes Bo, plotting some your prescient roster moves are we.  Need more talent, and clearly Knox, Ntilikina and Rivers would bring back a king's ransom.  So far, most of your proposals have involved shuffling the deck and exchanging our scrubs for their scrubs, well, nor scrubs, but untapped talents with a world of upside, which of course explains why teams would be willing to give them to us.  Bon appetite. 

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #17198 on: February 18, 2021, 02:02:12 PM »

The salary cap space was accrued, while not as sexy as some your free agent targets, was a significant element of the Porzingis Trade. 

Again, $ > Randle, $ > Morris > Quickley + Detroit's 2021 #2, Smith > Rose, 2021 Unprotected #1, 2023 Top 10 Protected #1

Pretty good haul. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: February 18, 2021, 03:04:12 PM »

Some day we may even reach .500
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17200 on: February 18, 2021, 04:18:16 PM »

I still prefer reaching and winning the play in game to see the playoffs this year while keeping our pick in the lotto.

Footwork and spacing need to be clean for us to score consistently. That wasn’t the case for us against the Magic, hence we got waxed. Live and learn.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #17201 on: February 18, 2021, 04:33:57 PM »

Tantalizingly close are we not. 

If we had won last night we'd have been the #4 seed in the East.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17202 on: February 18, 2021, 04:54:55 PM »

Julius playing so well in part because he is top dog is a good catch - with the aside to his work/conditioning

But this dude was always an excellent player.

I recall being on a bit of an island on that one.

Imagine - he hits for 44 and that isnt his career high.

Not often you are able to add a guy with a 45 point game on his resume.  I think many of you emphasized his warts way too much

That said - I will repeat - we WIN when Julius is no longer our best guy - or is at least 1 to a 1A (yes, this guy could come in the summer/fall, doesnt have to be a deal in season).

Meantime I have no trouble enjoying this group.

chipstern

• View Profile
BoD's Nutritional Requirements
« Reply #17203 on: February 18, 2021, 04:59:41 PM »

I still prefer reaching and winning the play in game to see the playoffs this year while keeping our pick in the lotto.

Footwork and spacing need to be clean for us to score consistently. That wasn’t the case for us against the Magic, hence we got waxed. Live and learn.

As per Bo's persistent drumbeat, we have not of late been getting the production, consistent production we need out of the 3-Spot. 

AS OF RIGHT NOW, just for giggles, we have the #15,#17 and #32 picks in the draft. 

NBA. Draft, admittedly non scientific has us selecting

15 > Greg Brown, a 6'9" SF/PF out of Texas

17 > Corey Kispert, a 6'7" SF out of Gonzaga

32 > Josh Giddey, a 6'8" PG out of Australia

Again, just for giggles, Kispert would seem to fufill some of BoD's nutritional requirements.

A 22 year old senior, he has show dramatic improvement over four years, he is basically doing 19-5-7 in 20 minutes a night, draining .479% of his treys, based on 6.1 attempts, and converting .891% of his FTs based on 3.2 attempts. 

Oh, and Gonzaga is presently 20-0 with lottery pick projected PG Jason Suggs

Food for thought.   
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:01:14 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17204 on: February 18, 2021, 05:05:54 PM »

Keeping an eye on that Nets-Knicks first round tilt.  Could now be a 1 v 8 as good as BK looks.

But Knicks out of the lottery right now unless they hit the brakes.
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1847