Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909044 times)

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18900 on: May 23, 2021, 10:31:10 PM »

Saul Goodman

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #18901 on: May 23, 2021, 10:44:34 PM »

No panic.

Not the best but some good signs.

When Bogdanovic hit that 3 on a good defensive sequence, I agree with Barkley on at least this that we had the game.

This is going to be a series.

Randle will come good, but we know he's a bit sensitive and I almost expected him to have a bad game 1 with all the hype.

I was VERY wary of those going to how he obliterated the Hawks as a sure fire reason for our advantage in the series.

Defense was not the best and they came to play, especially Trae.

Burks, IQ and DRose were very impressive.

Obi and RJ also showed me reason for hope.

Noel had some ups and way more downs than he has and Bullock I feel will be better as well. Those two on might have been more key than Randle off.

Shame Mitch is not available.

Watch us win the next 2 or 3 games.

Thibs was also not his best either.

We get production out of Julius and this series is massively different.

Hooolld tight.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18902 on: May 23, 2021, 10:46:49 PM »

**** putting in Frank to guard Trae on the last play, was EXPECTED, AND a good move, and I EXPECT we will see more of that earlier in the future.

Um. No. It was demonstrably not a good idea. He juked Frank easily. Twice.

Frank is a good defender. Not a goddamn magician. He was on the bench the whole game. Coming in cold in that spot, against one of the most twisty motherfuckers in the NBA, he's going to lose that match-up more times than not.

My beef is with Thibs. I know it's tough with the (cough, cough) Payton issue, but get Frank in the goddamn game — he's proven he can guard Tre well. Find room for him. Then if you want him back in the game for the last 9 secs, he's more ready for the moment.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18903 on: May 23, 2021, 11:02:47 PM »

Stopppp...

Free agent PG arriving
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18904 on: May 23, 2021, 11:12:08 PM »

Not this series, but we can count on Burks, Rose, and IQ to hang with or outplay Atlanta’s backcourt as the series continues. We need to play pinball with Young wherever possible on both ends all game.

Noel seems like he’s gonna struggle this series. I wouldn’t mind seeing Pelle get a crack at some point.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #18905 on: May 23, 2021, 11:46:01 PM »

**** putting in Frank to guard Trae on the last play, was EXPECTED, AND a good move, and I EXPECT we will see more of that earlier in the future.

Um. No. It was demonstrably not a good idea. He juked Frank easily. Twice.

Frank is a good defender. Not a goddamn magician. He was on the bench the whole game. Coming in cold in that spot, against one of the most twisty motherfuckers in the NBA, he's going to lose that match-up more times than not.

My beef is with Thibs. I know it's tough with the (cough, cough) Payton issue, but get Frank in the goddamn game — he's proven he can guard Tre well. Find room for him. Then if you want him back in the game for the last 9 secs, he's more ready for the moment.

Exactly. Trae went off for 30 long before Frank got that call.

Payton *is* the elephant in the room.  This pattern of going down 10-15 points to start games is ludicrous.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 11:49:57 PM by FWK00 »

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #18906 on: May 23, 2021, 11:49:26 PM »

And o shit, putting Frank in with 9 seconds left to guard Trea when the dude hadn't been given a second of game time before that?

Come on, man.

That was cold but Frankie did close the half, maybe 15 seconds.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18907 on: May 24, 2021, 12:42:32 AM »

O shit, you're right. Thanks.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #18908 on: May 24, 2021, 07:10:45 AM »

Stopppp...

Free agent PG arriving

Notice I didn’t mention Elf.

We 100% need him replaced stat

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18909 on: May 24, 2021, 10:46:23 AM »

Payton *is* the elephant in the room.  This pattern of going down 10-15 points to start games is ludicrous.

Knicks trailed 6-5 when Payton left the game.  It was just the DEN game - of last ten - that saw us get blistered early and trail big after 1.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
The Forum Ass Clown Lets Loose Another Anal Emission From the Mouth
« Reply #18910 on: May 24, 2021, 10:47:17 AM »

Frank's been playing D his whole life.
He has surely spent the last week focused on nothing but Trae's moves.
He's come in many times late in the season for similar plays or sequences.
And generally acquitted himself well.
This ain't no thing. Then Trae scored. That's what he does. He's their star. Time to see our star.

Would we have liked to see more of Frank earlier, to try and slow Trae down, yes. But nothing wrong with the EOG move.

What is a thing is Elf's continued presence in the lineup.
We came out last night with four basketball players, not five.
Only two people in the world want to see Elf continue to start, the forum Ass-Clown and Elf's Mom, and by now, even Elf's Mom would probably like to end the suffering and appreciate a mercy-benching.

**(Possibly Bo-D would too, but nobody knows since he's at a silent retreat for those still lamenting the Obi Toppin pick - Not Me, Always Liked, Like More Every Day)

**** Odds are we don't get the mercy-benching, but the rope gets further shortened from 3 min to 1 1/2 min, I mean he's got to come out and give us FIVE FUCKING MINUTES OF DECENT PLAY SOMETIME, RIGHT? Surely that's what Thibs is betting.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 10:49:44 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18911 on: May 24, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »

Stopppp...

Free agent PG arriving

Notice I didn’t mention Elf.

We 100% need him replaced stat

Much of PG look for Knicks next year will depend on what Rose wants to do.

Do we need a 35 minute guy or more like 20-22?  A rock star or a solid soldier?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18912 on: May 24, 2021, 11:10:57 AM »

I'd be fine with starting Frank at the PG if its the same design - 4-5 minute stretch and take the rest of the half off.  If he does well he gets more minutes.

If Thibs decides to see what Elfrid can do on Young, better.

Best players yesterday by BOX +/- were Burks, Gibson, Toppin and Noel

I'd say we really missed NN but Taj made a nice showing.

Game came down to having better late possessions - and mostly, from Knicks end - to Julius being ineffective.

Randle eating his words a bit.  MSG showed the interview where he said - "if they double and triple team me I find the open man and my teammates knock down shots.  If they don't, well....good luck."

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18913 on: May 24, 2021, 12:55:36 PM »

Young officially debuted his first signature shoe with the Three Stripes, the Adidas Trae Young 1, for his first-ever NBA Playoff game yesterday. As of now, the shoe is scheduled to hit shelves in the fall but specific release details have yet to be announced by the brand. – via Riley Jones @ Sole Collector

chipstern

• View Profile
Thoughts [And Prayers]
« Reply #18914 on: May 24, 2021, 01:05:01 PM »

Helluva Game. 

Some of my friends are apoplectic. 

We lost by ONE FUCKING BASKET to a really good team.  In the opening gambit of chess masters, Nate one upped Thibs. 

Julius sucked?  Seriously?  The Hawks had a game plan, and they played it to perfection.  They put some big bods on Julius and did not allow him to get into any sort of rhythm. 

Trae.  F-U?  Really Knicks fans?  F-U?  FUCK YOU, KNICKS FANS.  Haven't you motherfuckers learned ANYTHING from the past.  Reggie?  Let sleeping dogs lie, motherfuckers. 

And what was Thibs' game plan for Trae?  Fifteen seconds of Frank at the end of each half.  Come off the bench ice cold and stop a master penetrator?  We denied him the long range game [1-3 from trey], but he was unstoppable and FAR MORE DENAGEROUS off of his P&R penetrations breaking down our D [10 assists, Bogdonavich 4-9 from trey], his floaters, and late in the game he got to the FT line at will [9-9].  My thoughts on his final drive past Frank?  Where was the double?  Should have made him give up the ball, force someone else to beat us. 

Everyone wants to put it on Julius?  Or obsess over the snakebit Mister Payton? 

ALL OF OUR starters had a rough night, not just Julius. 

Reggie and RJ [who had his customary second half moments] were 9-24 and a combined 1-11 from three. 

Our starting PF and center got 15 boards and two blocks.  Capella and Collins combined for 20 and 4 blocks. 

Not nit picking, but in a game decided on the last possession, every little tidbit counts.  I mean, if we had been pummelled, I too might be crying real tears.  But people Knicks fans who thought this was a coronation?  HELLO, these are the playoffs, folks. 

You want to nit pick?  Want to assign blame? 

I don't.  But activating the rear view mirror? 

Thibs tossing Frank into the fray ice cold.

And with 0.9 seconds remaining, Burks inbounding?  Our most clutch player of the night?  Inbounding to Julius no less for the final shot, and not, oh, say IQ with a three-point heave from the parking lot? 

But hey, over and done with.  Nate schooled Thibs, and the Garden faithful inspired the home town boys, but fired up the ofays ALL THE MORE.  Motherfuckers. 

PS: Random reflections.  Was texting back and forth with Miras The Merciless last night, and needless to say, he took it hard.  Compared Payton to 1982-83 PG Edmund Sherrod [https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sheroed01.html] for Biblical ineffectiveness.  I drew a blank.  "And you call yourself a Knicks fan."  I had, in fact, returned to NYC from upstate NY in 1976, a two year old daughter in tow, hustling for work and launching my journey as a freelance musical journalist.  So my focus had shifted, and in fact, I did not really reconnect with the Knicks and competitigve sports until my family relocated to Washington Heights in the spring of 1984, when we had that epic 7 game series against the Celtics, in which neither team could win on the others' home court.   I remember thinking at the time, that is was pracically an honor to have Larry Bird kick your ass. 

PPS: Ditto, Bernard King.  That is to say, vis a vis Bird and Reggie and Alonzo and Trae, RESPECT YOUR OPPONENTS.  Again, referencing my brother Miras, who has been gracious enough to treat me to dinner and a Knicks game a couple of times over the years [as did MisterEarl]....well, shortly after the Melo trade, we took in a Celtic game at the Garden.  Amare and Melo were clicking on all cylinders, and we were up by double figures at half time. Maybe as many as 25 if the dubious dust of memories do not betray me.  Ayyway, you know what happens next.  The Celtics came back, led by Paul Pierce, who just willed them back into the game.  It was impressive, in a painful, to be a Knicks fan is to suffer kind of way.  Anyway, the inevitability of what was happenning swept over me, and I was heard to utter, in a spiritual gesture of respect, "May, you've just got to love that Paul Pierce."  Miras' carotid attery exploded.  "I HATE THAT COCKSUCKER."  Er, point taken.  Perhaps RESPECT would've been a better call.  As in, brining us to the present, RESPECT TRAE YOUNG.  A worthy adversary. 

PPPS: See you on Wednesday, Trae.  And bring your little black box. 
Pages: 1 ... 1259 1260 [1261] 1262 1263 ... 1847