Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 23, 2018, 07:15:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who should be cut?
Jack - 0 (0%)
Sessions - 11 (52.4%)
Noah - 4 (19%)
Kuz - 1 (4.8%)
Beasley - 4 (19%)
Dotson - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1184
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 121506 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16590 on: December 06, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »

Lonzo is here to stay - and I'd bet he stays a Laker.  I stilll say he is the most impressive rookie in the league,

LaVar may go to China - if his business blossoms there.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16591 on: December 06, 2017, 05:06:45 PM »

I thought Ball was a great college and would be a very good pro.  I can't imagine thinking that he's been more impressive than Ben Simmons so far.

I'm a pretty good cook sitting on my groceries. Come up to my kitchen. I'll show you my best recipe
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16592 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:55 PM »

Lonzo is here to stay - and I'd bet he stays a Laker.  I stilll say he is the most impressive rookie in the league,

You impress easily, for a committed contrarian.  

Most impressive rookie?

[Gag me with a spoon]

Jayson Tatum.  

Donovan Mitchell.

Oh, and that Ben Simmons fellow.

So, I mean, bite me genius. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:05:01 PM by chipstern » Logged
Clippernagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16593 on: December 06, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »

Lonzo is here to stay - and I'd bet he stays a Laker.  I stilll say he is the most impressive rookie in the league,

Lonzo is the most impressive rookie in the league?

you have exceeded expectations on this one.  i'm sure when you compare Simmons to Ball is it so easy to see Ball's superiority.

just looking at the stats one truly understands Ball's superiority.

after all a PER of 9.85 for Ball is far better than Simmons paltry 19.80.   Shocked

Simmons shoots .503 and averages 18 per game.  Ball far superior at .313 and 8.7 per.   Roll Eyes

so it is the boards, right?

Ball with 6.9 and Simmons 9.3  oops.   Wink

i meant dimes.  ball   at 7 and Simmons at 7.1.  so not that.

well fuck all that really important is   the record of their teams.  wait are the lakers 8-15 and the 7ers 13-10?

Grin

yes , Lonzo Ball is the most impressive rookie of the year.

your masterpiece of BB knowledge.

back on ignore.

chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16594 on: December 06, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »

Enough with IGNORE. 

Point

Counterpoint

Move On
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16595 on: December 06, 2017, 06:52:03 PM »

I stilll say he is the most impressive rookie in the league,

Lets try again Koach and see if you can support your opinion.

Why do you think Lonzo is the most impressive rookie in the NBA?

Have you seen Simmons play? (my choice so far, even though he's a '16 rookie)

or Tatum? (my #2)

Or Lonzo's fellow rookie teammate, Kuzma?

Come on Koach your words of whizzdumb are needed.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16596 on: December 06, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »

Danny Ainge's Celtics.

Gordon Hayward blew up in his face, but not on a Len Bias level, thank God.

Meanwhile.  

ALL THE RIGHT MOVES.  

The right coach...

The right free agent signings [the criminally underrated Al Horford]

The right draft picks, mostly [Brown, Tatum]

The right trades: No, Kiid, Merci, I would not then, nor would I now trade KP to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving.  Irving on the Celtics is one thing.  On the Knicks?  Who would he have to pass to, thank you very much.  

Meanwhile, patiently stockpiling draft picks as is his wont, signing players to workable mid-level contracts, flipping said contracts, a la Red Auerbach when the time was propitious...

The Nyets Trade is a gift which keeps giving...and out of which Ainge netted the likes of Brown and Tatum, seeing past the draft hype in a way most other GMs and amateur pundits could not.  

Committing the Great Train Robbert on Philly.  Got the player he really wanted, pawned off Fultz on Philly, and walked away with another #1 pick for his trouble.  

Oh, and Cleveland?  The price for Irving was dear, but well spend.  Crowder a solid sender in anyone's system, and IT should be lethal in tandem with LeBron and Love.  

Oh, and that Nyets #1 pick.  

Well, timing is everything.  

Kenny Atkinson has the undermanned, under-talented, injury-depleted Nyets playing at a very competitive level.  What are they now. 8-13.  Not great but NOT THE WORST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE, which belongs to the Chicago Bulls, whose #2 pick is literally a late first rounder for Perry & Mills.  So Cleveland is not a lock to get the top pick, or even a Top 3-5 pick (balls willing).  

If Mills & Perry are 1/10th as patient and diligent and resourceful as Ainge, the Knicks are on the right path, the current roller coaster stretches notwithstanding.  
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16597 on: December 06, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »

For those keeping score, the Nyets are 9-14. 

Phoenix and Charlotte currently also have 9 wins. 

Tied with 8 wins?

Kiid's Lonzo Lakers, the post-Paul Clippers, and the Grizzlies (though Conley's return will help there). 

Kings and Mavericks with 7. 

Hawks with 5 (including, cough, one against our hometown heroes).

And the Bulls with 3. 

All of which is subject to change, both up + down. 

But as things stand now, in terms of lottery position, Ainge guessed right AGAIN. 

Presently seven teams with worse records than the Nyets. 

Stay tuned. 

bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16598 on: December 06, 2017, 07:16:16 PM »

But as things stand now, in terms of lottery position, Ainge guessed right AGAIN.

way too early but 538 and basketball ref both have simulations that have the Lakers having the 5th worst record in the NBA this year, and slightly worse than the Nets'

And if Lakers pick @ #5 Philly sends that pick to Celts.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.html.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
Urethra_Franklin

Make Brook our Rook

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16599 on: December 06, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »

I can't sign in with "klint2" anymore and was given an IP ban on Safari when I tried "Detective_Winslow". Wtf??

Just wanted to sing the praises of our lynchpin, Courtney Lee.  And say that I think it's time Noah replaced O'Quinn in the rotation. He's got a lot to prove and desperately wants to do so

Go Knicks!!!

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."

--Thomas Jefferson
Urethra_Franklin

Make Brook our Rook

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16600 on: December 06, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »

I don't put much stock in +/-, but we were +26 with LT and -10 with Franc tonight....

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."

--Thomas Jefferson
facilitatorn

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16601 on: December 06, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »

Except for that first half stretch, a very good workman like game. We have to keep rolling against struggling teams.

Beautiful game from Lee. Very nice game from Beasley as well, though nothing we should count on.

Frank looked better in the second half, but he still needs a lot of work. He didn't have a draft prep summer, so maybe he can make a leap to a larger impact next season, but as a back up pg, I think he will figure things out and get more productive incrementally as the season unfolds.

If you limit Gasol, the Grizz don't have much.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16602 on: December 06, 2017, 10:14:36 PM »

Late game only tonight

Clippers +5.5 vs Minnesota
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16603 on: December 07, 2017, 04:31:20 AM »

Courtly, at age 32, is averaging career highs in nearly everything.
Shooting %'s (50/46/92!), boards, assists.
I've never really understood why he gets shuffled around so much.  Most teams keep him 1.5 years.  His longest stint was two half season and a full one in Mem (part of 3 seasons).  Maybe he's been too passive throughout much of his career.  Solid of unspectacular on both ends.  After a promising rook year, ORL moved on.  

Seems Courtly has become more assertive.  Very useful with TimJr. out.
Maybe playing SF and having a quickness advantage has worked for him.  Or vet confidence on a young team?  Maybe some of Haorny's doing -- he was an aggressive, SG? 

I haven't seen that much Knickness.  Tuned in right when the Knix began a 17-2 run.  But my interenet connection was horrible, so it was a lot of blurs, and choppy dialogue, and I could only make out about one out of every 4 plays.  gave up after a while.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16604 on: December 07, 2017, 05:56:29 AM »

Dolan and Weinstein were both big players in the media and entertainment industries.    Dolan one of many being sued as he was on the Weinstein Board of Directors recently:

Dolan served on the Weinstein Company’s board of directors from mid-2015 to June 2016, citing his family, music and other business commitments. He released the following statement at the time:

“The company is in good shape. Harvey and Bob remain close personal friends, and I will continue to be supportive in any way I can. I wish my fellow board members continued success.”

Harvey Weinstein also issued a statement upon Dolan’s abrupt departure:

“Jim Dolan is one of my and Bob’s best friends. His insight into business has led us to grow an unbelievably successful TV division. He was the biggest impetus, years ago, for us getting into TV in a big way — we owe him for that. I appreciate all that Jim has done for the company. Bob and I are both looking forward to Marc Lasry joining the board in Jim’s place. Marc’s a brilliant businessman whose interest in companies all over the world will provide our board with valuable insight. Marc’s successes into the world of business are legendary and we will certainly profit as a company from his knowledge.”

Dolan’s friendship with Weinstein dated at least a decade earlier, when New York magazine quoted Weinstein as “a friend of Jim’s” during Dolan’s public disputes with his father and the city’s mayor.

The suit claims Dolan and Lasry “knew of Weinstein’s pattern and practice of predatory sexual conduct toward women from his personal relationship with Weinstein and his position as a director of TWC.”
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 1184
  Print  

Jump to: