Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245]

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 67030 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3660 on: Today at 05:53:26 AM »

Young Lakes couldn't close out HOU.
Also had a lot of trouble running inbounds plays late 3Q and OT.
Might have helped if Luke was still there (ejected 3Q) instead of Shaw(?)   It's going to be a tough playoff road for the Lakes if they are 6-8 seed.  Though outside of GS, unclear who else is going to be a playoff juggernaut.  DEN inexperienced; Rustbrook prone to bad shooting with an iffy OKC bench; POR looks like a regular season team; HOU could be deadly, though their defense has slipped; Spurs old & slow and more a regular season team.

Remember when LeBJ seemed indestructible?
Just missed his 13th game with a groin strain.
Remember when Kobe was going to pass Kareem for most points ever?
Old guys get injured, recover slower, and when things drop off, the cliff is often precipitous. 

CP3 just missed his 14th game.
And look at poor Dirk.  Barely can get on the court, 3-17 FG in his last 4 games, every shot a 3 out of necessity.   His season high is 16 mins and he went 0-10 FG in that one for 0 points.  He's a mummy now.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: Today at 09:16:41 AM »

No Walton?

Please.

No Lonzo.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: Today at 02:04:04 PM »

I was specifically referring to the inbounds plays.

I still don't like Ingram much.  There's talent there, but also sloppiness.  And a too-cool-for-school attitude or whatever vibe I'm picking up.

Was watching the Clips the other day and Shy-Gorgeous was doing Sean Livingston post-ups and shooting over the smaller Scurry.  Since he doesn't really have a 3-point shot yet, Livingston would be a good model for him.  (SGA is shooting 35% on 3's, but just 1.5 hoists a game).  SGA is basically what we hope for in Franc.  Not that ShyGuy is there yet, but he shows definite promise on both ends.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245]