Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907841 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8430 on: November 12, 2019, 11:05:08 PM »

Coach in over his head.

“Let them play free” are words I never want to hear again from a Knicks coach. It takes a little more than freedom to coordinate five guys on a basketball court.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: November 12, 2019, 11:18:48 PM »

Dennis Smith was not ready to play.  Rusty and the team just fell apart with him on the floor multiple times.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: November 13, 2019, 12:17:57 AM »

But wouldn't mind seeing a Frank-Knox- Randle (or Morris)-Portis-Taj lineup for a stretch

Let em match up with US

You basically got it, or a version (Randle + Morris, no Portis) at end of first half. Skills sets a bit duplicative and you end up with Taj on Zach LaVine more than is optimal despite Taj's defensive prowess —but wasn't bad and sure beat the heck out of any lineup with DJr. Wow...the horror. Not gonna crack on that kid, what with what he's going through and first game back, but Fiz for letting it happen. Wow.

Suspect it's all over after Mavs game, right or wrong, unless we pull out another rabbit there.

*** Most of Coby's three-barrage came against Knox if I remember correct. Only one came on Frank, that after he moved to protect the basket (successfully) after Smith let his man stroll to the hoop. Somebody else should have rotated (didn't naturally) and Frank had to try and jump back.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:00:05 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: November 13, 2019, 08:50:05 AM »

WTF Happened to SmithJr,  ever since he stepped on the court he look lost, unmotivated, shots look flat, not driven to the hoop, he looks like D. Rose did when he came here.  It seems evident to me Smith does not want to be a Knick his body language is telling a story.  He played above the rim in Dallas, he may be heartbroken to have been traded but this is a business suck it up and move on.  If this guy doesn't get it together by December it's time to cash him in for beans.  I'll reiterate one more time Fizz cannot coach, some people have the last 20 we tried did not.  Im starting to feel like the pressure of coaching in NY is much harder then in other markets.  Fuck it bring back Mike Woodson at least he wasn't afraid and besides that switching defense which it seems we are playing now (Grrrr) He was a damn good coach who wasn't afraid of the spotlight.  Smith and Ellington for jacks beans ASAP.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: November 13, 2019, 09:05:21 AM »

It's a lost season/development year.

So no reason to try to Sell Low on Jr. Smith.
He had some back trouble and then significant family issues (his step-mom who raised him died).  So cut him a little slack.  Besides, he's not why we're 2-9.  I'd like to see Franc get long minutes and Smith get solid backup mins, and let them both develop and up their value.

Furthermore, after Dec 15, we can package Morris, Portis, Taj, Ellington, Randle in a deal.  Jr. Smith alone is not going to get back much.  But he (or Franc/Elf) could sweeten a bigger deal.  Lotta thin teams out there who could use a starter and 2 role players to beef up their team.   

Also, certainly a chance Jr. Smith can get his groove back and play well.  Fizz helped right Muddy, who I'd argue was in worse shape.  Knix would do well to push the pace, as Barrett can get down court and finish well.  While Randle and Knox are good on the break as well.  Morris could be good in the Melo-trailer role.
Our half court O is rather stagnant, so early offense helps.
Smith is fast and could help with that.

My hope is that one of Franc/Smith advances and becomes a steady PG.  (and maybe the other is tossed into a trade).
We have a month or two or three to see what Franc and Smith can do with this team.  With 3 PG, we have options. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:50:27 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: November 13, 2019, 09:25:26 AM »

Besides, he's not why we're 2-9. 

Well, actually, I do believe we're at least 3-8...that was an incredible amount of damage in a pretty short time last night  — several of his 2nd unit running mates pitched in as well, to...er...assist — but point taken.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: November 13, 2019, 09:26:07 AM »

Frank is growning on me and I think Mudiay resurgence was more of him realizing this was his last chance and he was out the door or a permanent 3rd stringer.  We been bad for years and at some point we got to get pass the rebuilding process and start playing with some sense of urgency.  These coaches get a pass because we suck.  The Lakers sucked for one season and was making power moves to get the ship right.  We are stuck in mediocrity and everyone is content, even new players come and fall in line with the Knick suck mantra.  We need a coach who is preaching winning and making these players believe they can win.  Fizz is not the guy.  Imagine at work if you can get away with being mediocre and your boss just says, maybe next time you'll do better.  You will have no fear of punishment so you become stuck in mediocrity.  The boss who the workers fear always have the best workers who over achieve.  We need a new boss.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:53 AM »

I'm agnostic on Fizz.
Don't think it's the right time to change coaches, and would give him a full 2 (or 2+) years to coach.

But if a coaching change helped with the tank, and led to some vets being moved for yute/picks, then I'm in.

I want more yute and picks.
Barrett - Mitch - Knox are building blocks.
A very young core.
We need a PG.
I want another blue-chip high pick ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: November 13, 2019, 10:11:33 AM »

As far as re-signing Morris, I'd be fine with it, if it included moving Randle.  Clyde's been hammering how they don't play well together, or in the same game.  And much of that is because they both have iso-heavy styles.  Morris the better shooter and defender.  Randle younger and so more on the Knick timeline.  But if NYK wanted Morris as one of the leaders/vets going forward, okay with me.  But move Randle then. 

I'd be making inquiries about both of them, looking for the best deal.  The choice might depend on who is a better locker room presence and encourages the pups.  Which I have no insight on.
I could see Morris and his toughness and aggressiveness being a good mentor for Knox.  I also would be fine with moving both of Morris and Randle...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: November 13, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »

Besides, he's not why we're 2-9.

Well........

you could make a case.....

PG position in general.

So combination of the inavailabilities of Smith and Payton - yes - HAS led to 2-9, in my opinion.

I do think we'd be at least 4-7 if what we thought we had in August was available every night - intact.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: November 13, 2019, 10:28:36 AM »

Headline:

Bulls rookie Coby White outscores Knicks in 4th quarter

Yikes

(remember that season maybe 6 or 7 years back where it seemed every other game someone would have a career high v. the Knix?
Guys like Dunleavy, Mike Scott)

A number of Coby's 3's were wide open.
I saw in the 2Q where 2 Knix closed out hard on Maark, who still made the shot, with 2 perimeter mates open.
Knix need to work on 3 Pt D.
Word is Knix are slow of foot.
But need to improve communication and discipline.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: November 13, 2019, 10:32:39 AM »

Frank is growning on me and I think Mudiay resurgence was more of him realizing this was his last chance and he was out the door or a permanent 3rd stringer

I think Emmanuel was simply developing

I always give guys a chance.  Have never given up totally on a young player, including Nillie

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: November 13, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »

I want another blue-chip high pick ...

Meh.

Not sure where you are getting a top ten poick from

I am OK with the top 5 we likely get - I like the current list.
Including

https://www.nbadraft.net/top-10-international-prospects-for-2020-nba-draft/

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: November 13, 2019, 11:11:57 AM »

Top Ten, hopefully Top 5, pick from losing excessively.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: November 13, 2019, 11:23:50 AM »

Yeah, thats a given at this point

Any other pick added would be much later in the round.

But frankly I think we could take a swing at a PG from 20 on down and be successful.  Only thing is we will be swinging at a free agent and considering using our high pick at the same position.  But if we take BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE with pick 1 in 2020 draft - and it is not a point, this opportunity does open - as I cant think of too many free agents at the position that would be looking to come here.

So lets just say we get lucky and get Wiseman -

do we roll with Frank?
Add any veteran free agent point who would consider us (hell, Mudiay would be an option at that point)
Grab a late number one from somewhere ......and use it on a PG with experience (read - not a frosh), such as Hagans - KY, Haluburton - Iowa St or Tre Jones.- DUKE
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1847