Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899348 times)

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8445 on: November 13, 2019, 11:50:25 AM »

The players look lost, especially in the fourth quarter when the coach is suppose to calm his team and call set plays to blow time off the clock.  Everybody looks confused especially Fizz.  We are losing these players at the beginning of the year they all sound confident, now everybody sounds like this is another losing season and we should be patient.  No don't let that mentality sink in with another crop of players.  This is now the NY mentality, Losing is accepted we need new leadership to make losing a curse, someone the players will trust and who better then the original Golden state Warrior.  Remember how heartbroken the team was when Mark left, Steph did not even want to talk to Steve Kerr.  Now thats a players coach, and just like Oakley, Melo, and Steph, Mark is banned and nobody knows why.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: November 13, 2019, 11:55:14 AM »

I think if we add Wiseman and, say.......Montrezl Harrel...

we might be pretty good next year

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: November 13, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »

Teague, Dragic, VavVleet, Augustin and Jackson are the available points in free agency, in addition to Mudiay

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: November 13, 2019, 12:03:12 PM »

A number of Coby's 3's were wide open.
I saw in the 2Q where 2 Knix closed out hard on Maark, who still made the shot, with 2 perimeter mates open.
Knix need to work on 3 Pt D.
Word is Knix are slow of foot.
But need to improve communication and discipline.

Because opponents know the KNicks will switch on every pick.

I say let's not be so predictable.  Play man to man, and if you get picked force the offense to make those shots before you start switching.

Switch sometimes.  Not all the time.   Be less predictable.  FOrce the offense to hit the wide open shot that the pick affords before you get all switchy.  And if the offensive player drives instead of shooting you have shotblockers back there for a reason.  Don't switch all the time.  Switching all the time leads to smart offenses getting any mismatch they want.  I'd rather give up an open 20 footer (which is by point per possession the least valuable shot in the game) than let a guy have a mismatch post up and-1 opportunity.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Fiz Really Need to Go
« Reply #8449 on: November 13, 2019, 12:07:43 PM »

whatever empathy I momentarily felt, or, however much Dolan and Mills are more primal causes

FIZ REALLY NEEDS TO GO

RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

https://youtu.be/F2RxmOi2xCM

Post Game Interviewer "Coach the effort was there from...."

Fiz Interrupting: "Coby White...(300 superlatives about Coby White)"

Coby White didn't just go off.

Coby White went off for 7 4th quarter threes because

A) There were terrible defenders assigned to him

B) Terrible defense was played against him

Post Game Interviewer "Those two runs, btwn 1st & 2cnd and start of the fourth....what just happened in those two"

Fiz: "Threes. They just bombed us out and its really hard to answer that three ball. When teams are hitting multiple threes in a row...I don't know how they got em but I just kept seeing them go in.

Fuck Fizz. Goodbye. Really quickly please.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: November 13, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »

Fiz said it was the Bulls SPEED that Knicks had no ansswewr for

I didnt see White nabbing any of those threes by speed.

Just the line - "I dont know how he moves so fast with all that hair" is fireable

But we love Fiz.  Really, we do.  Don Chaney light.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: November 13, 2019, 01:07:58 PM »

Lineups

Depth charts should not be seen as rockey fucking science

Take Sactown for instance.  Tough injury to D'Aaron Fox, right

So here are the minutes with Fox out:

Hield  - 37
JOSEPH - 37
Bogdo -   31

Not mix and match - next guy up

Frank gets 35+
Not 21, then 32, then 16, then 34 again.....

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Fiz Really Need to Go
« Reply #8452 on: November 13, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »

whatever empathy I momentarily felt, or, however much Dolan and Mills are more primal causes

FIZ REALLY NEEDS TO GO

RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

Post Game Interviewer "Those two runs, btwn 1st & 2cnd and start of the fourth....what just happened in those two"

Fiz: "Threes. They just bombed us out and its really hard to answer that three ball. When teams are hitting multiple threes in a row...I don't know how they got em but I just kept seeing them go in.

"I just kept seeing them go in."

Couldn't believe my eyes.

I'm with you Les.

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: November 13, 2019, 01:31:46 PM »

Safe to say that Plan B is an unmitigated disaster 11 games in.  Dying to see how the brain trust weasels it's way out of this one. They talked a big game

Oh wait, let's clear cap space for.........

Bunch of no-nothing fucking losers

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: November 13, 2019, 01:51:24 PM »

FIZ REALLY NEEDS TO GO

RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

I'm with you Les.

Can you imagine a Pops or Doc saying that?

They'd tell you actually how each one happened from missed assignment to three-steps-backwards-in the sequence leading up to them. Who. Where. How. Why.

Basta Ya!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: November 13, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »

Safe to say that Plan B is an unmitigated disaster 11 games in.  Dying to see how the brain trust weasels it's way out of this one. They talked a big game

Oh wait, let's clear cap space for.........

Bunch of no-nothing fucking losers

I think Morris and Gibson are doing fine.

Have to see some better overall play from Bobby and better shooting from Ellington

Payton you cant judge yet.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: November 13, 2019, 02:18:28 PM »

Knox was in decent position and made reasonable closeouts on the first two Coby 3's.  Acceptable D/effort.  The second one he was a little worried about the drive which got Coby the small space he needed. 

At least two others had everybody collapsing on penetration and nobody staying out on the perimeter or bothering to close out.  Actually, one Franc came out, but there were two open 3-point shooters to cover.  He would have been better choosing the hot shooter, but at least he was aware of the threat(s).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Wheezy
« Reply #8457 on: November 13, 2019, 02:22:17 PM »

Weasel?
I have a few Siberian weasels in my garden.  They look like skinny squirrels.  They were a bright golden-orange in the Summer but look more brown now.  Who'd a thunk there'd be weasels in downtown Shanghai.

Now back to your regularly schedule Knick smackdown . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: November 13, 2019, 02:42:12 PM »

FIZ REALLY NEEDS TO GO

RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

I'm with you Les.

Can you imagine a Pops or Doc saying that?

They'd tell you actually how each one happened from missed assignment to three-steps-backwards-in the sequence leading up to them. Who. Where. How. Why.

Basta Ya!

Fiz: "Who. Where. How. Why.? Please.  What me worry? I got a contract.

chipstern

• View Profile
Chaney Light
« Reply #8459 on: November 13, 2019, 03:20:48 PM »

A nice turn of phrase, Kiid. 

Am I the only one who remembers who the Dashing Don (that goes out to you, BoD) basically crippled Allan Houston, coming off of surgery, by playing him for 50+ Minutes against Kobe as I recall.  Allan was just hitting his stride as an all-around 2-guard, but Don was in survival mode.  Alas. 

Speaking of alas...

Why hasn't Dennis Smith been allowed to get his mojo back in Westchester.  He needs minutes as the bell cow. 

While I am sure Fizz meant well, more or less, the Knicks have done Dennis no favors byt hanging him out to dry. 

Am I the only one who remembers Smith's initial buzz as a Knick last season, when he was a dynamic penetrator.  Whatever his deficiencies as an out side shooter, he seemingly got to the glass at will. 

You could SEE HIM THINKING every time he even thought about a penetration, and when he did get to the rack his first thought was not to finish, but to dish, a noble sentiment for sure, but, oh, man...poor kid. 

The Knicks are submarining his confidence.  And Thursday night against Dallas could get nasty. 

PS: Julius Randle has won me over with his effort, but the notion of him being a facilitating point forward is, how shall we say, flawed.  Not that he isn't an excellent and willing passer.  But, I have to believe, that if we had him, from time to time, camped out in the post, ready to receive a pass from a penetrator, and thus to make a quick, DECISIVE move to the rack--instead of his trademark dribble into a triple team move, shades of Melo--he'd have more success. 

PPS: Thought?  How about Mitchell starting at center, Morris at PF and RJ at SF, with Randle first off the bench at C/PF, Taj and Knox at PF-SF, and let's get Dot and AT in to some sort of rhythm.  As for the PG spot, well, your guess is as good as mine. 

PPPS: Every time I saw Coby got the ball in the fourth quarter, I shuddered.  A long honored Knicks trad of allowing three-point shooters to get in rhythm and go totally unconscious. 
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 1844