Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899697 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
FIZZ MUST [Not] GO
« Reply #8460 on: November 13, 2019, 03:28:56 PM »

Look, while the questions and critiques are persuasive...

Firing YET ANOTHER COACH, yet again, not to mention, a month into the fucking season, will not advance the team, nor it's prospects to get a top-tier coach to willingly enter the MSG Meat Grinder, nor facilitate even the ghost of a chance that any free agent worth a damn will choose to come ride in the clown car. 

Those fantasizing about Mark Jackson?  Clearly he would jump at the opportunity to coach the Knicks.  Would he be a good choice?  He might. 

But in mid-crisis?  Without the opportunity to participate in the draft process?  Or free agency and summer league?  Or to get his system in place during July-August-September or to select his own lieutenants. 

It would appear Dolan's Assaholic Kulture is exceeded only by that of Knicks FANS. 

Oh, and we are in the post-Philly TOTAL TANK EPOCH, where having the worst record does naught to enhance our shot at the #1 prospect. 

Hey, if I had a signed affidavit from Jehovah that another systematic tank job would net us Wiseman, I might be persuaded to apply the old Saudi bone saw to Fizz...least ways book him passage on a Carnival Cruise...still...

Firing Fizz accomplishes what, exactly?  Besides satisfying the blood lust of Knicks fans? 

Elevating an assistant as a solution?  Given, there is a precedent for pulling the plug on something clearly gone south, such as when Nellie was shit canned in favor of JVG.  But that was a case of the coach blowing off his #1 player (that Ewing Fellow) in favor of his own enigmatic style of hoops.  And firing The Fisher King to elevate Rambis wasn't exactly a brainstorm, save if you admired the way that bespectacled douche obsequiously force fed our conscripts the triangle or went out of his way to publicly denigrate and humiliate Jimmer, who had dutifully done his work and been a good soldier at Westchester? 

Anyway, knock yourselves out folks. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:49:50 PM by chipstern »

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8461 on: November 13, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »

Dare I say only Dolan can save us right now. He needs to throw these 3 incompetent assholes out onto the dirty side of 31st street...and hand the keys to the kingdom to Masai at any cost. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: November 13, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »

Re:  Dennis

Read this all the way through to get the Dallas take on him

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/06/15/dallas-mavericks-2019-revisiting-kristaps-porzingis-trade/3/

Hint - they feel Mavs gave up a boatload in the deal

chipstern

• View Profile
Urine Luck
« Reply #8463 on: November 13, 2019, 03:56:00 PM »

Dare I say only Dolan can save us right now. He needs to throw these 3 incompetent assholes out onto the dirty side of 31st street...and hand the keys to the kingdom to Masai at any cost.

Right, like Masai is going to bail on the Raptors immediately after pulling off his signature Kawhi trade, and gifting the city a world championship. 

No matter the cost? 

Hahaha...

My dear Brother, the Merciless One, is wearing his sentiments on his shirt sleeve in a manner he usually ascribes to this rose-hued douche. 

I would suggest that Miras be made to submit a urine sample. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: November 13, 2019, 04:04:25 PM »

He has OG & Pascal up there to, don’t forget.

It’s not a fire the coach to fire the coach thing. The guy hasn’t imparted and deployed X’s And O’s at a mid major level. Nobody alive gets his rotations.

Miller gets X’s and O’s and sideline coaching. He’s under contract.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: November 13, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »

Chip

This isnt a ZION year, by all accounts

No clear #1.

Like I said - I will take a top FIVE - and who knows - we may even get our first choice there - that is how scattered it is.

Hate to say it - but LaMelo fits.

We could go 6-6, 6-7, 6-8 across the backcourt

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: November 13, 2019, 04:21:51 PM »

Yes, once again you are right Chipper as you've shown time and time again over the last 2 decades...my apologies, let's eat shit and be patient.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: FIZZ MUST [Not] GO
« Reply #8467 on: November 13, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »

Firing Fizz accomplishes what, exactly?  Besides satisfying the blood lust of Knicks fans? 

What exactly? Well, with a good hire, brings this exactly, the two things you generally want to happen with a coach.

1. more games won
2. more learning & improvement from players

..I don't know how they got em but I just kept seeing them go in.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:34:15 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Let's Just Let That Settle in Our Mind a Bit
« Reply #8468 on: November 13, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »

..I don't know how they got em but I just kept seeing them go in.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Or Maybe A Little Movement Can Help You
« Reply #8469 on: November 13, 2019, 04:37:55 PM »

I don't know how they got em but I just kept seeing them go in.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: November 13, 2019, 04:39:16 PM »

You still gonna ask that question?

**** I'm not even going to share Fiz's comments on DJr.'s +/-. Which implied that despite the ludicrous plus minus AND despite what we saw with our own eyes, DJ played well. Which is mind-fucking.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:42:01 PM by lesterdog »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: November 13, 2019, 04:39:28 PM »

Tanking hasn't guaranteed a #1 pick in decades.
It's about getting a high pick, hopefully in the Top 5.
Most drafts drop a level after that, with of course a few fine gentlemen scattered throughout the rest of the 1st round.

#5 a few years ago netted DeA Fox, instead of our choice of Franc/Jr. Smith at #8. 
#5 was Trae Young (or Wendell Carter) instead of Knox at #9.
(though Shai went #11)
Last year #5 was Garland, though we already cashed in out tankeriffic with RJB at #3.

Things would look different in Knickerland if we had Fox or Trae.
(or Shai)

Besides #1 picks have had a fairly spotty record.
I thought it was silly Knick fans were so obsessed with Zion.  Our odds were always going to be low, and I'm not sure how long Zion will hold up under that weight.

RJB looks like a blue chip yute, with a long career if Fizz doesn't cripple him.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: November 13, 2019, 04:45:16 PM »

And as of a year ago, though apparently not understood by Knick brass and many of the people here, tanking no longer guarantees you a top 5 pick.

3 of the 5 worst teams did NOT get one.

Tanking is now about getting a top 10 pick.

So you DO NOT purposefully tank, Silver won, which is a good thing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:58:01 PM by lesterdog »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: November 13, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »

Sometimes, Chip..you really are a little much.

..It accomplishes getting rid of a complete idiot coach. Like really, really painfully inadequate for an NBA position. Like not possessing any of the necessary skills. In sports, that's a big positive for a team, to get rid of such a person.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: November 13, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »

And as of a year ago, though apparently not understood by Knick brass and many of the people here, tanking no longer guarantees you a top 5 pick.

While i agree that Tanking is passé
Being the very worst team actually DOES guarantee you a Top 5 pick. 
The problem is its 47.9% likely to be #5.

Seed                    1st     2nd                    3rd             4th                 5th   
1                        .14     .134173189   .127486524   .119720474   .478619813

We got lucky last season to increase +2 spots from our most likely position.
We technically had a better shot at Zion than RJ
So Tanking is no longer any fun.   
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:23:08 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 1844