Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 20, 2018, 04:47:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which player in the mix at #9 do you wish most to see as a Knick?
Carter - 4 (40%)
Trae - 2 (20%)
Knox - 0 (0%)
Shai - 0 (0%)
Mikal - 4 (40%)
Sexton - 0 (0%)
BobWill - 0 (0%)
Miles - 0 (0%)
MPJ - 0 (0%)
LW4 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 1430
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 181905 times)
Nagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18390 on: February 09, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »

bank,

clearly you made a steal at draft time with the Sixer deal.  

they are freaking out about Fultz.

you get the lakers pick and they are winning.  so expect a low lottery pick.

they sit at 10 with hornets.  i expect them to rise once Ball and Thomas start playing together.

NY has a real shot at a top 7 pick.  very important draft for NY.  not so much for boston.  you are loaded and that is without your injured all-star.

Lakers are clearing 70 million in space and clearly want lebron and george to join in and lead the team

it's very possible that could happen.  i don't see Houston having the cap space and if not the lakers then perhaps he stays in Cleveland for  another year.

cavs did a great job at the deadline and lebron sounds interested again.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18391 on: February 09, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »

Yeah you guys are right that it's a low cost gamble but there is development of Frankie to consider.

Frankies IQ and athleticism > Mudiays

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18392 on: February 09, 2018, 03:39:10 PM »

bank,

they sit at 10 with hornets.  i expect them to rise once Ball and Thomas start playing together.

NY has a real shot at a top 7 pick.  very important draft for NY.  not so much for boston.  you are loaded and that is without your injured all-star.

Lakers are clearing 70 million in space and clearly want lebron and george to join in and lead the team

it's very possible that could happen.  i don't see Houston having the cap space and if not the lakers then perhaps he stays in Cleveland for  another year.

Ah me. 

Two locks, right.  Just like how the Cavs were going to rollerskate into the finals, eh Karnak?

George is staying in OKC. 

And LeBron is not coming to the Lakers. 
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18393 on: February 09, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »

bank,

I see that the 76ers are thinking of shutting down Fultz. I saw somethng that his range is limited to the paint.

I feel sorry for the kid. Who knows if its his shot or head that is totally F'ed up.

Cavs? I may have mentioned a few times this year that they were old and slow and couldn't play D, but I was told repeatedly they were the best team in the East. I think getting younger and having some guys who may be able to play D can only help, but integrating 6 (?) new guys and dealing with chemistry as they settle on rotations and minutes may be a challenge, so I'll hold my thoughts until I see them play. But I think that if LBJ leaves they do have a nucleus with the Nets #1 to rebuild.

Lakers? They were playing better than I figured but they now have the same chemistry issues that the Cavs or any team undergoing change has to deal with. IT gives them a PG until Lonzo gets healthy, and then it gets interesting. I wonder where IT ends up next year. Celts may not cash that pick this year,(protected #1, #6-30)  as more teams enter tankathon '18. But Sac looks like a sack of crap (protected #1) so the Celts may end up with a nice pick in '19.

LBJ on the Lakers? At some point it just seems sad watching him wander the NBA looking for rings. I think it cheapens his legacy.But the Lakers history is largely built on snagging mega-stars from other teams. So them going after LBJ would be consistent with their past.  

Knicks? Agreed the drafti is real big, but its gonna be a long and ugly rebuild. Maybe sped up with a couple of great draft picks and FA. And hope  that KP is 100% and French Frank can play.

You might want to watch the Olympics for the next couple of weeks, and then baseball is right around the corner.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18394 on: February 09, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »

At this rate next deadline we trade Mudiay for Fultz

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Merciless

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18395 on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »

Yeah you guys are right that it's a low cost gamble but there is development of Frankie to consider.

Define athleticism...Many wont argue the IQ, but Mudiay is definitely more athletic on the court than Frenchie. He attacks the rim and is a gifted 1 on 1 offensive player. His defense isn't bad either.

Mudiay rookie stats were pretty impressive 13pts/5.5 ast/3.5 reb/1 stl but assist to turnover ratio not great
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18396 on: February 09, 2018, 04:37:45 PM »

Define athleticism...Many wont argue the IQ, but Mudiay is definitely more athletic on the court than Frenchie. He attacks the rim and is a gifted 1 on 1 offensive player. His defense isn't bad either.

Mudiay rookie stats were pretty impressive 13pts/5.5 rebs/3.5 ast/1 stl but assist to turnover ratio not great
On the other hand Mudiay has been a long-time Kid favorite.  So that needs to be taken into account. 

Linger on, your pale blue eyes.............
Merciless

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18397 on: February 09, 2018, 04:43:34 PM »

Scouting report from a year ago (Feb 2017)

"From the top of the key, Mudiay ranks as the 5th most efficient one-on-one player in the league."

"ISO Facilitation for Teammates – When taking his man off of the dribble, Mudiay does a superb job of finding teammates. So far this season, he is the second best player in the league (99th percentile), in finding teammates for scoring opportunities when going one-on-one."

Have at it

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/2/17/14576130/scouting-report-on-emmanuel-mudiay

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:45:23 PM by Merciless » Logged
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18398 on: February 09, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »

"From the top of the key, Mudiay ranks as the 5th most efficient one-on-one player in the league."

"ISO Facilitation for Teammates – When taking his man off of the dribble, Mudiay does a superb job of finding teammates. So far this season, he is the second best player in the league (99th percentile), in finding teammates for scoring opportunities when going one-on-one."

Have at it

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2017/2/17/14576130/scouting-report-on-emmanuel-mudiay

Thanks! Reasons for optimism and causes for concern.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18399 on: February 09, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »

Have at it

True dat. 

Interesting quote from Jared Jeffries who explains that Mudiay is not a bad shooter, but a subpar finisher.  Thinks there is room for growth here. 

Also Knicks fans, it might be interesting to have Mudiay being the facilitator and have Frankie play off the ball.  Frank is nothing if not a terrific defender.  His PG skills will develop over time. 

But yes, Horny, time for our three pups to get minutes.  Jack's future is not as our PG, but as a coach. 
Nagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18400 on: February 09, 2018, 07:04:45 PM »

bank,

Ah me. 

Two locks, right.  Just like how the Cavs were going to rollerskate into the finals, eh Karnak?

George is staying in OKC. 

And LeBron is not coming to the Lakers. 

did I say lock? I said POSSIBLE.   what the fuck is wrong with you.  i said Lakers WANT both.  not the same fucking thing is it taxi man?
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18401 on: February 09, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »

Getting more athletic in an athletic league

Doug is athletic

I think you mean BLACK
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18402 on: February 09, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »

Mudiay 3 for his last 16 from deep

But was 14-33 prior to that

We need him to run this team.  The break will be key - and getting the ball where it should go at the perfect time (see L Ball).  32-35% from 3 works - and he shouldnt be shooting more than 1-2 per game.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18403 on: February 09, 2018, 07:39:33 PM »

Anyone catch ALABAMA this year?

Collin Sexton lines up as in the 9-10 range - and we currently have the #9, I believe.

Of course he is a 6-2 guard - someone like one of the Bridges boys (both 6-7, 'Nova and MSU) or a Robert Williams (6-9 Texas A and M) might make more sense.

Hoping Wendell Carter or J Jackson Jr might drop?  Will have to keep an eye on them.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18404 on: February 09, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »

Meanwhile - the genius Ainge may have fouled one up:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21929519/nba-celtics-looking-forward-lakers-pick-2018

Celts top pick for this year stands to be #28 overall, rather than a top 8 pick that he dealt away to get Kyrie

Dreams of that Lakers pick have sailed.
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 1430
  Print  

Jump to: