Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 22, 2018, 03:01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which player in the mix at #9 do you wish most to see as a Knick?
Carter - 4 (40%)
Trae - 2 (20%)
Knox - 0 (0%)
Shai - 0 (0%)
Mikal - 4 (40%)
Sexton - 0 (0%)
BobWill - 0 (0%)
Miles - 0 (0%)
MPJ - 0 (0%)
LW4 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 1439
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 182570 times)
Nagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21300 on: June 14, 2018, 12:55:12 PM »

no one has a crystal ball.  if they did then the ROY would not have fallen out of the top 10.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21301 on: June 14, 2018, 01:28:51 PM »

Michael Porter Jr. canceled his second pro day in Chicago on Friday because of a strained hip, sources told ESPN. Porter couldn't get out of bed because of muscle spasms, according to the sources.

Porter's draft stock appeared to be trending down after the college basketball season, as his refusal to participate in the NBA combine medical examinations and the postponement of his first pro day -- originally scheduled for June 1 and rescheduled to June 8 -- caused some teams picking in the late lottery to believe Porter might still be on the board for their pick. Questions about his ability to be a good teammate at Missouri and pre-draft interviews of Porter conducted by NBA teams attending the combine contributed to the concern.

A back injury revealed in late November derailed Porter's freshman season, forcing him to have microdiscectomy surgery on his L3 and L4 spinal disks. Porter was cleared to play in March and participated in two games for Missouri, shooting 9-for-29 from the field.

Porter ceased all basketball activity after the season, focusing his efforts on rehab, sources told ESPN, after losing strength in his left leg in particular due to the injury. He was cleared to play just two weeks prior to his June 8 pro day. While he reportedly felt only about 50 percent physically, he had a very impressive showing, according to multiple teams in attendance, shooting the ball exceptionally well.

"Everyone is worried about missing out on a star," one NBA executive told ESPN. "No one wants to miss out on another Joel Embiid."

Jeez, after one day of workouts the guy couldn't get out of bed.
Still rehabbing his legs (and presumably his Back) after surgery 7 months ago. 

We'll see how this plays out, but I wouldn't be surprised if his high is Chicago #7 and he could drop to 10 or wherever.  Not sure if the Knix should take him at #9.  Though with KZ out, we could let him rehab 1/2 a year or more.  We really don't need Porter playing next year until he's fully healthy.  But man, his situation is worrisome.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that our pick at 9 will be expected to play this year for Fizdale.

As for Trae Young and Suns - they are likely looking higher than 9, so no use thinking of a deal with them.

Damn - we won too many games, I guess.

heh
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21302 on: June 14, 2018, 01:57:00 PM »

Suns probably looking to move up to 5-8.
But I still don't see what they have to offer.
Chriss or Bender + a 1st rounder next year, I guess.
Not too inspiring.

I had been hoping Porter would drop, but now he's pretty high risk.  Bridges and Carter keep sounding good to me.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21303 on: June 14, 2018, 02:06:02 PM »

#16 plus a player or 2 gets you to 6. 7. 8?

Not too far fetched.

With 22/23 year old NBA guys you have to project

A guy like Ulis could be a rotation guy (if Burke can) for some team, for instance.  Stretch 4 Alec Peters had a tough shooting stint in the NBA but better in G League (47/41/85 for 17.6/7.2).
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21304 on: June 14, 2018, 02:21:59 PM »

Thought of the day -

The Lakers ARE the Celtics

(Ball, Ingram, Randle)
(Rozier, Tatum, Brown)
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21305 on: June 14, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »

Thought of the day -

(Ball, Ingram, Randle)
(Rozier, Tatum, Brown)

No.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21306 on: June 14, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »

Thought of the day -

(Ball, Ingram, Randle)
(Rozier, Tatum, Brown)

No.

heh
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21307 on: June 14, 2018, 02:38:40 PM »

66-1 in Vegas Toronto Raptors introducing new coach...

Lets see what he has to say

- The 66-1 is a farce of course - you have to look at odds to win EAST, not the whole enchilada.  I think you walk before running (and expecting to beat a GS on your first try)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21308 on: June 14, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »

Waiting to see if anyone thanks Duane Casey

(thus far no - Ujiri didnt)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21309 on: June 14, 2018, 03:36:36 PM »

MRI comes back clean on Porter.  May work out tomorrow after all.

Wendell Carter visits Sacramento (trade down?) Saturday.  Kings seem most keen on Bagley, Doncic and .............PORTER
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21310 on: June 14, 2018, 03:37:45 PM »

Knicks second round target Wagner gets praise:

The 6-foot, 11-inch Wagner shot an impressive 39 percent from 3-point range last season in leading Michigan to the NCAA title game against Villanova. “He’s probably the best shooting big man in the draft,’’ a longtime NBA official said of Wagner, who was born in Berlin, Germany. “He’s the kind of player teams are looking for now, especially with the way the game is going.’’ – via Woelfel's Press Box
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21311 on: June 14, 2018, 10:17:27 PM »

Memphis is apparently trying to package Chandler Parsons and the # 4 pick.

We can offer Timmy and Baker (functional starter + small cap relief) or Lee, Thomas, and Baker (less productive players, but significantly more relief)

Jackson Jr. and Bridges or Doncic and Carter are combos I like at the 4 and 9, if Memphis bites on either package.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21312 on: June 14, 2018, 10:47:46 PM »

Memphis is apparently trying to package Chandler Parsons and the # 4 pick.

No

They arent

But if they were we arent interested
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21313 on: June 15, 2018, 12:19:48 AM »

The Memphis Grizzlies have gauged the trade market on a package of Chandler Parsons and the No. 4 overall pick, league sources told The Athletic.

Word leaks out.
Whether they do it or not, who knows?
But seems they've brought it up.
They're probably hoping to get a late 1st back (if possible) and/or a healthy guy who can play.

But if a player they like is still there at 4, they wouldn't move the pick.
Doncic makes a lot of sense for them, even though I think he'll be more solid than a star.

Over the past few years I thought there were 4 noticeably risky large contracts given out to gimps (most were 4 year deals, I think):
DAL -  Mathews (1/$19M left)
HOU - Gordon   (2/$27M left)
MEM - Parsons  (2 yr/$49M left)
NYK  - Noah     (2/$38M left)

Only Gordon performed well, and his was by far the cheapest deal.  He had played well for a few years, but with continuing durability issues.    The 69 & 75 games he logged for HOU were the most he played any season since his rookie year.  The best gamble largely because the cheapest (by far).

Mathews plays hard, but not at his pre-injury level.  Significantly overpaid for a solid player.  Turns 32 beginning of next season.
Also missed 19 games last year.

Parsons and Noah just too gimpy and too overpaid.
Parsons managed just 36 games last year, 2 more than the year before.  Played okay when available.  Turns 30 first month of next season.

Noah played in 82 games -- over the past 3 seasons.
Is 33.  I'd play him this year.  But who knows if he's really going to push himself for a poor Knick team that jerked him around last year.
Probably has mentally checked out.

signing aging gimpy players to big contracts is usually a bad move.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:34:16 AM by bodiddley » Logged
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21314 on: June 15, 2018, 03:12:49 AM »

Kevin Love to Memphis in that deal is intriguing, especially if Korver can be shoehorned into the deal.

Would like to see Cleveland rebuild around Trae/Hood/Nance/JJJ
Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 1439
  Print  

Jump to: