Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 22, 2018, 12:53:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who should be cut?
Jack - 0 (0%)
Sessions - 11 (52.4%)
Noah - 4 (19%)
Kuz - 1 (4.8%)
Beasley - 4 (19%)
Dotson - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1182
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 120663 times)
elephant and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14955 on: June 24, 2008, 08:35:17 AM »

I've been pushing for trading for the likes of Kenny Thomas, Brian Cardinal, Larry Hughes, Ben Wallace etc for several months - crappy players that other teams need to get rid of. We take them on either to pick up draft picks or dump problematic contracts. I believe it's a sound strategy.

I'd be conflicted about giving up Lee. However, if we could somehow flip one of the two picks to Miami for the 2nd pick to nab B-Easy, I'd be thrilled. Beyond thrilled. Not sure we have the assets to tempt Miami, however. Kevin Love would be a suitable backup plan. Wonder if we could squeeze the #28 out of Memphis too. Lots of players I'd like at the end of the first (Chalmers, Hibbert, Hendrix, Walker etc).

Of course, I'd like to then keep Balkman if we lose Lee. For energy's sake.

Not sure about the other big rumour out there: #6, ZBo for Sheed, Maxiell, #29.
boykins2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14956 on: June 24, 2008, 09:31:17 AM »

Westbrook stock is as high as 4.  Let's say the Knicks get Westbrook at 6.  He's Rajon Rondo with a better shot. Do they play him at PG right away?  Can Westbrook grow with Steph still on the team?  Marbury still yapping that he's only 31 and gonna be in great shape.
Not to mention all those other guards that want playing time.  Jones, Crawford, Marbury, Nate and Mardy.    Someone has to be removed.
PrezIke

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14957 on: June 24, 2008, 09:40:01 AM »

Ike,

FYI, Speaking of commentary, you do know that they practically synchronize everything in German. So sports, series, movies all synchronized with German language.

As for choking, the history with regards to that is penalties. The Dutch have a history of missing them at crucial times. Russians played with more vigor.

KBY,

That's true, and one of the worst parts of football/soccer in that we have to see winners in the elimination matches from penalty kicks.

I have liked the Netherlands for years as one of my favorite countries to watch, especially when they had that stacked all-star roster with some of my favorite players in Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert (man, how he fell off hard) & Van Nistelrooy. It still makes me go "crazy" to think they didn't qualify for the 2002 WC. I remember the U.S. playing them in a friendly warm up match here before the 2002 WC and we got killed 2-0 I think with much of their top players not even there. The defense was also so strong, with Jaap Stam, Reiziger and the de Boer bros.

Anyway, I'm at least glad to see Italy go, who I used to support, but I can't stand their style of play and the flopping by their mid-teir players drives me nuts. I like some of their stars, but they play boring football, and they way they played against Spain made me turn on them for good (for now at least). Great work by Castillas who has not really ever done that kind of work on the international level for Spain despite his stellar rep as a keeper for Real Madrid all these years (despite their inability to win until this year...maybe that was a sign for Spain?).

I want to see a Germany - Spain final, but who knows what will happen...

As for the Knicks...

that rumor of Rose and Lee for #5 and Cardinal from Memphis is an intriguing prospect, although quite risky.

I'm guessing the usual suspects here are 100% against it, but it is an interesting idea, if true.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14958 on: June 24, 2008, 10:28:52 AM »

So, does George Carlin get a state funeral like Tim Russert? 

Nope

Flag waver vs flag burner.

I am just surprised George had the heart attack BEFORE McCain won.
KBY

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14959 on: June 24, 2008, 10:30:20 AM »

well losing in 2004 sucked (Portugal, semi's)

losing in 2000 sucked even more (Italy, semi's) after giving Yugoslavia (quarterfinals) an absolute asskicking (6-1) we missed penalties during regulation and lost after extensions in the deciding penalties. Absolute heartbreaker that one.

Anyway, I'm absolutely for the rumored trade, although I guess Miami is in the driving seat with their rumored deal with Memphis.

Like all dreamers I confuse disenchantment with truth
tomverve

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14960 on: June 24, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »

Nope

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oboyox3L_MI

Help treat disease with your spare computing power
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
nagel100
Superhero Member

I want Westbrook!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14961 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:35 PM »

Miami  rumor

One source told Insider that the Heat are revisiting trade talks with the Grizzlies. Insider reported several weeks ago that there was talk that Memphis would give up Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry and the No. 5 pick as part of a package for the No. 2 pick. The same source said the Heat are asking the Grizzlies to sweeten the deal by substituting Mike Conley for Lowry. The deal would be Conley and the No. 5 pick to Miami for the No. 2 pick and Daequan Cook.

I am also fine with Bayless , Westbrook or Gordon.. 
nagel100
Superhero Member

I want Westbrook!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14962 on: June 24, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »

musings

Some veteran GMs drafting later in the first round are scratching their heads at our last mock draft -- especially some of the high risers in the draft.

"Russell Westbrook is a role player who probably is a sixth man on a good team," one GM said. "How has he risen to a top-10 pick? I'd take Leandro Barbosa over him any day of the week. Westbrook is athletic, fast and plays defense, but a top-10 pick? I don't see it."

"One potential deal that could have an interesting impact on both teams? Sounds like the Suns and Clippers are talking about a deal that would send the No. 7 pick and Corey Maggette to Phoenix for Barbosa and the No. 15 pick."

"Two people familiar with the situation said the Pacers and Toronto Raptors have discussed trading O'Neal for point guard T.J. Ford and center Rasho Nesterovic, whose contract expires after next season, and possibly Toronto's first-round pick (No. 17) in Thursday's draft."

"It has become clear that the Bucks have more than a casual interest in the 6-foot-8 forward ( Alexander)because he was back for a second visit with the team.

"Miami Heat forward Shawn Marion will not opt out of the final season and $17.8 million left on his contract, his agent said Monday night.

thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14963 on: June 24, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »

Nagel, eat your heart out over these deals:

Trade Stephon + Lee + cold hard cash to Memphis for Cardinal, Collins, Darko, and the #5  (Memphis with huge cap savings next year, likely the most of any team. Also save money this year and get a great player in Lee. Presumably waives Stephon)

Trade Malik + the #5 + Balkman  + Mardy + cash for the #2 and Mark Blount (Miami also with big time cap room. Balkman and Mardy give them defensive depth. Gets the Mayo they covet)

Draft B-Easy.
Draft Bayless or Westbrook with the second pick (or even Gordon, whom I still like, although that necessitates the eventual trade of Crawford).
Buy a second rounder and draft a grinding, under-sized power forward like Richard Hendrix

ZBo has to be dumped this summer to create room for Beasley. Let's say Z-Bo for Hughes straight up.

Bayless/Nate
Crawford/Hughes
Chandler/Q
Beasley/Jeffries/Hendrix
Curry/Darko/RanMo

That team is too inexperienced to do serious damage and would have issues defensively, but is brimming with potential, energy and athleticism. And most importantly, more than $20 million under the cap in 2010.

Glad I got that all figured out. Now onto summer league....
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14964 on: June 24, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »

Nope

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oboyox3L_MI

You don't expect me to click that, do you?
nagel100
Superhero Member

I want Westbrook!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14965 on: June 24, 2008, 12:26:55 PM »

biz

nice.

Chip will have something to say I'm sure.

OK just between us day traders. .

we dealing on thursday?
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14966 on: June 24, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »

Wednesday
nagel100
Superhero Member

I want Westbrook!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14967 on: June 24, 2008, 12:46:05 PM »

wed?

OK i'll bite

give me your crystal ball.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14968 on: June 24, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »

I'd say we get BETTER for the draft. 
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14969 on: June 25, 2008, 06:51:49 AM »

Wonder if Donnie has the resources or pull to make a deal for Mayo? 

I think he is going to sure'nuff try.   
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1182
  Print  

Jump to: