Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 19, 2018, 07:50:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which player in the mix at #9 do you wish most to see as a Knick?
Carter - 4 (44.4%)
Trae - 1 (11.1%)
Knox - 0 (0%)
Shai - 0 (0%)
Mikal - 4 (44.4%)
Sexton - 0 (0%)
BobWill - 0 (0%)
Miles - 0 (0%)
MPJ - 0 (0%)
LW4 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1428
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 181617 times)
chipstern and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2007, 06:40:22 PM »

Which one fo those is a future allstar?
carlos123

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2007, 07:08:11 PM »

Which one fo those is a future allstar?

Which one of (or should I say fo?)our posters is suddenly voting to get rid of Stephon?
 Grin Grin Grin
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: June 01, 2007, 09:34:16 PM »

David Lee, actually.

But the point is to not to keep picks as a rule or to fret we don't have enough youth. The point is to be open about making deals. Like you yourself said, if it improves our first 8, make the deal. If it costs us picks, makes the deal. This isn't the Layden era - we have assets.

(just protect the picks properly this time)
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: June 01, 2007, 09:45:22 PM »

How about Channing Frye (and possibly our draft pick) for LeBron?

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: June 01, 2007, 09:48:24 PM »

This forum needs an enema

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: June 02, 2007, 08:38:48 AM »

Thanks for sticking your head in and diagnosing that.
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: June 02, 2007, 09:21:04 AM »

This is a pretty fantastic site:  http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/moments/60moments.html
papabear

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: June 02, 2007, 11:07:06 AM »

Papabear Says

If we can get Lewis without giving up too much then let's do it. Lewis alone wont make us a contender. You must understand that a Lewis in Seatle is much different then a Lewis in New York. Everyone want's a peace of the Knicks. All teams will play Lewis harder than he played in Seatle.
We in New York are good at destroying our young. Example: If Fry didn't have a breakout season as a freshman and he just played ok, his Southmore season would not be in question. As a matter of fact we just might be betting the house on Fry. Fry had a dissapointing southmore season so we want him out.
I would just get rid of who we don't need and get a pure shooter for our 23rd pick and away we go.
Hey I love this blog site and it's good to read opinions from you guys again.

Papabear
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: June 02, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »

....begin transmission...

Papabear Says
Hey I love this blog site and it's good to read opinions from you guys again.
Papabear

the blog love you back. mahalo!!!

...end transmission...

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
semperknick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: June 02, 2007, 05:13:04 PM »

Maenwhile in the Rocket land....

Rumours that Houston offered Shane Battier and their pick (26th) for Rashard Lewis to bring him home. Clyde Drexler reported to have been lobbying Lewis hard.

They als offered to swap Juwan Howard for Mike James, and send Bob Sura's contract to GOlden State for Sarunas Jasikevicius. 

They are serious about this uptempo thing...
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: June 02, 2007, 06:07:34 PM »

If I were Seattle, I'd be all over that Battier deal
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: June 03, 2007, 06:20:26 AM »

If I were Seattle, I'd be all over that Battier deal

Except that if you draft Durant, he's your SF, which is also Battier's natural position.  Seattle needs a PG and a big man who can actually play.  I think they sweeten any Lewis trade by tossing in Petro or Sene, trying to get back more.

A bit odd for Houston as well, since Rashard has basically the same game as TMac.

Sounds all queer to me.
papabear

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: June 03, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »

Papabear Says
Here's what we need to do in order to get Lewis work out an agreement with or point guard Steve that we will buy out his contract only if he has and agreement in placy to go to Seatle. Trade Fry and who ever else and our draft pick if we want him that bad. We can forget about getting Jermain O'Neal for Indy because Larry bird is so stupid with hate for Zeak that no talk no deal with the Knicks. Zeke will have a problem making deals with a lot of teams. Bird would rather give O'neal away for free before he deals with Zeke. I think that our only hope is to find a diamond in the rough at our 23rd pick. We won't get any star to good player out there. It's a hate thing and don't think these GM are not talking. Hold Zeke (one of the few black GMs around). Zeke won't get a deal this summer. Now remember what I said!!! He won't get a trade, and if any it will be a low level deal.
Sorry guys I'm just making it real---no deal. But hey that does not mean we can't dream and play pretend.

Papabear
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: June 03, 2007, 12:49:32 PM »

Bo - Actually, I think Battier and Durant can co-exist quite well. I'm not too concerned about both being nominally "threes". In a small lineup, one or the other can play the four, in a big lineup, Battier guards the two, and both shoot well enough to ensure quality spacing on the offensive end. Anyhow, the deal doesn't really work cause Battier doesn't earn enough. And the pick will be made before Lewis becomes a free agent. I'm just saying if I were building a team, I'd like to have a guy like Battier around. He's like our Q, only better.
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: June 03, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »

Guess which free agent is not leaving Cleveland in a couple years to come to New York, irrespective of how much we get under the cap?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1428
  Print  

Jump to: