Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 25, 2018, 03:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which player in the mix at #9 do you wish most to see as a Knick?
Carter - 4 (40%)
Trae - 2 (20%)
Knox - 0 (0%)
Shai - 0 (0%)
Mikal - 4 (40%)
Sexton - 0 (0%)
BobWill - 0 (0%)
Miles - 0 (0%)
MPJ - 0 (0%)
LW4 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 184544 times)
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21705 on: Today at 11:51:57 AM »

Cannot fathom how in any manner Ainge can be criticized for #1-for-#3 swap which gave the Celtics both Jayson Tatum and what turned out to be the Sacramento Kings 2019 #1 pick (after the Lakers 2018 #1 pick fell outside of the 2-through-5 range).  

In 2019 the Celtics receive the more favorable of the Kings and Sixers' #1 picks, which are both TOP 1 protected.  

Kings figure to be better next season, as Fox & Hield back court will have another year under their belt, with Bagley joining Cauley-Stein up front, but they still figure to have a losing record.  

So, yeah, seems like Ainge blew it big time on this deal.  

And with all due respect to BIZ, as for the notion that the Knicks could've done better by executing the Sixers deal, and trading Knox for Smith and the Miami 2021 #1 pick, well, if that is indeed what Biz is suggesting, in principle...Smith joining an already crowded back court, no improvement in the front court, and the expectation that a Pat Riley team will be in the lottery three years hence?  Doesn't sound very good to me.  Nor in any way paralleling the Ainge deal.  
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21706 on: Today at 11:53:04 AM »

I hope Enes opts out and signs elsewhere.  I like him. Wish him well.

Same with Kyle.  Nice to have had you here.

Beasley around Knox might not be a great idea.  Let's say Goodbye as well.

CLEAR THE DECKS!

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21707 on: Today at 11:56:29 AM »

PHI Coach Brett Brown acting as interim GM took Bridges and traded him and said "We are star hunting"  

What was not said, but implied there... TRANSLATION: "Bridges is not a future star"

That's why we took Knox thats why I was calling for Knox, and I would've voted for Knox in the poll but i had Wendell Carter ranked higher.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21708 on: Today at 12:02:25 PM »

Anyone surprised, that after all his bellyaching and posturing about his role, that Carmelo Anthony picked up his option? 

And will graciously allow OKC to pay him 28 MILLION DOLLARS for the final season of his old contract. 

Thank you Scott Perry. 

Yup. No argument with that at all.

I had forgotten that the pick we used on Mitchell Robinson, we got him in the Melo deal.

So if you believe in the Melo effect (AKA the Starbury effect): Teams improve after he leaves.  Perhaps MitchRob26 will be the personification of this incarnation.

I hadn't forgotten.  

An asset any way you slice it.  Fingers crossed that it turns out to be a significant one.  

We shall see...

Meanwhile on PLANET PERRY.  

Enes Kanter has an $18.6-million option that he needs to make a decision on by the end of the month. The Knicks are not expected to give him a multiyear deal if he opts out, so odds are Kanter, who loves New York, will pick up his option. The Knicks would be fine with that.
– via Newsday

Their plan is to not sign anyone to long-term deals and to shed contracts that have more than one year remaining. That means Courtney Lee and Joakim Noah might not be Knicks much longer.
– via Newsday

Remains to be seen if it makes more sense to stretch them now, in 2019 or at all.  

Fizz's non-committal answer regarding how he'll coach the players he has, does not bode well for Lee OR Noah.  

However, given the raw clay that Robinson and Kornet represent, if Kanter opts out, which is all up in the air at the moment, Noah's presence would seem to have genuine merit, developmentally.  If Kanter opts in, then Noah would seem like a redundancy.  As for Lee?  Back court is crowded as a motherfucker, and clearly the Knicks are invested long term in Dotson and Hardaway at the 2/3.  But Courtney has been such a solid sender.  

We shall see.  Interesting how this plays out.  If it goes as NEWSDAY suggests, then Perry & Mills are really invested big time/long term in coddling their pups, and living with the growing pains.  
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21709 on: Today at 12:13:16 PM »

I hope Enes opts out and signs elsewhere.  I like him. Wish him well.

Same with Kyle.  Nice to have had you here.

Beasley around Knox might not be a great idea.  Let's say Goodbye as well.

CLEAR THE DECKS!

Why not?

Cooties? 

His checkered past?

Beasley's devil may care attitude?

Michael Beasley did everything the Knicks asked of him, and then some.  They encouraged him to bulk up so as to transit to more minutes at the 4-spot.  He improved his rebounding and defense, and was a willing and often effective passer (though prone to brain farts, like many Knicks in the Horny Offense). 

It's 50/50 whether he stays or goes, but Beasley was a Scott Perry signature signing, and while he has not tipped his hand as to whether, he was a positive presence both on and off the court, his quirky personality keeping things loose and setting an amiable tone for the team culture, not to mention being a socring machine, who was extending his range away from the basket as the season drew to a close. 

Defending Beasley in one-on-one in practice would be a solid learning experience for Knox, as would picking up on his range of expertise in creating shots off the dribble and around the hoop. 

Yes, I get the clan slate argument, but no need to toss out the baby with the bathwater. 

If Beasley doesn't end up in GS with his old homie Durant, I would love to have him back. 
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21710 on: Today at 01:21:50 PM »

Beasley for the biannual exception would be a great pickup, if he’d accept it to stay.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21711 on: Today at 01:54:09 PM »

Beasley for the biannual exception would be a great pickup, if he’d accept it to stay.

Uh huh. 

Parsimonious, are you not?

And we tender a $10 million a year offer to Enes. 

Yes, that's plausible, too. 

Why would Beasley accept that, when he can get a similar offer from the Warriors? 
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21712 on: Today at 02:32:26 PM »

I don't think Beasley is the role model we want for young Knox. 

He doesn't strike me as a mentor imparting wisdom on the young pups.

And we are back in "Nagel Rule" days.  No money spending.  Clear the decks.

We should be the youngest team.  No one older than Timmy.

-Dave Attell
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448]
  Print  

Jump to: