Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 18, 2018, 10:35:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantasy Football  (Read 292 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: July 26, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »

Discuss your fantasy team
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:35:46 AM »

ID# is 236949 and the Password is convictvick

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?league_id=236949&password=convictvick

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:46:54 PM »

Discuss your fantasy team

Here's my draft last night.... I had to pick 9th in a 12 player snaking format draft

teams start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX (RB-WR-TE) 1 K 1 D

9th pick: Rudi Johnson- all the good pass-catching RBs were taken and this league awards a pt per reception so i was miffed and settled for the steady production of Rudi. Parker, McGahee, Edge, and Jones-Drew were left on the board hoping one would be there again at 16.  Manning and Palmer were also available at that pick.

16th pick: Chad Johnson- ok so my top two picks are on the same team.  thats a risk.  but all the good RBs were taken and my original strategy of drafting two top RBs was shot to hell. I figured i'd draft the first WR.  And perhaps trade him later.  Lawrence Maroney was available here and I hope i don't regret passing him up.  The lack of receptions for LM was a concern.

33rd pick: Larry Fitzgerald-  Round three was WR dominated.  at this point i was toying with the idea of going all-in on the Bengals and picking up TJ.  But Larry is a #1 option and  i could not leave him there as the BPA. He is also potential trade bait.  He was the ninth WR selected.  TJ went 38, Boldin 39th.

40th pick: Donovan McNabb- I went for my QB here.  Bulger, Brady, Brees, Palmer, and Manning were already taken.  Guys like Javon Walker and Brandon Jacobs were available here.  I still don't have a #2 RB at this point in the draft and its looking doubtful i'll get one.  McNabb too consistent to pass up.  But it was a toss-up between him and Jacobs in my mind.  I guess i'm not sold on Jacobs as a Giant fan.  I think Droughns and even Bradshaw will steal carries.

57th pick: Calvin Johnson- the rookie #2 choice of the Detroit Tigers.  I was looking for my #2 RB here but Ahman Green was swiped one pick before me. I was hoping a guy like Cadillac Williams or Marshawn Lynch would fall to me.  Taking Calvin, I passed on guys like Randy Moss, Todd Heap, and Tatum Bell.  Now i'm screwed in terms of RBs.  But loaded at WR it would seem.

64th pick: Patriots- Bears were taken in rd 4, Ravens in rd 5. I wanted a top Defense/ST to make up for my RB deficiencies,

81st pick: Vernon Davis- All the good TEs were gone.  It was a toss-up between Davis and Crumpler.  Crumpler was picked two spots later.  DeAngelo Williams was also in consideration here but i was hoping he'd drop to me at 88.

88th pick: Fred Taylor- FINALLY a second Running Back to round out my starters.  Fred's a #3 masquerading as a #2 on my team and my biggest weakness right now.  I'm hoping to trade my excess WR for some RB help.

105th pick: Donte Stallworth WR
112th pick: Deshawn Foster RB
129th pick: Ruben Droughns RB
136th pick: Alex Smith QB
143rd pick: Shayne Graham K
160th pick: TJ Duckett RB
177th pick: Jeff Garcia QB
184th pick: Bo Scaife TE

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »

That's a steal!!   Also, you chose wisely re: Larry Fitzgerry over TJ and Boldin.  As to Maroney - I would take him ahead of any WR and all but 8 or 9 RB's, but we only count yards and TD's in our league, not receptions, so there you go.

I'm in a 10-team snake-draft league that starts 3 RB's and 3 WR's.  I had the #1 overall and traded it, along with the #40, for the #10 and #11.  I figured it was better to have 2 good RB's and one decent one than to have 1 great one, one decent one and one crappy one.

We get to carry over up to 3 players per year, but you can only carry a player over if you drafted him in the 10th round or later in the prior draft or the year before.  They all laughed at me when I took Larry Johnson in the 10th round of the 2004 draft!!  Anyways, the two big carryovers this year were Frank Gore and Willie Parker.

I'd be happier with my decision to trade LT had I ended up with Maroney or Reggie Bush, but oh well...

Meet my team:

QB: Jay Cutler (81), Chad Pennington (140)

RB: Cedric Benson (10), Maurice Jones-Drew (11), Chester Taylor (carryover), Jerious Norwood (carryover), Brandon Jackson (61), Vernand Morency (carryover), Tony Hunt (100)

WR: Reggie Wayne (20), Chad Johnson (21), Plaxico Burress (41), Santana Moss (60), Brandon Jones (101), DJ Hackett (120), Ronald Curry (121)

TE:  Todd Heap (80), Heath Miller (141)

K: Stephen Gostkowski (160)

D/ST:  Seattle (161)

I drafted Taylor and Morency in 2005, so they're both back in the free agent pool next year.  I drafted Norwood in 2006, so I'm hoping he develops into a stud (and Dunn retires) between now and 2008, and that Tony Hunt can take over for Westbrook and Buckhalter at some point.   If both of those things happen, and with the #2 overall next year, I should be looking good going into the 2008 draft.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:34:36 PM by oilcanboyd23 » Logged
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 08:46:36 PM »

Nice to see MY team in a 12 man is stronger than yours in a 10.

Dealt LT?

OY
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 09:02:18 PM »

Whoops, I thought you were Kam...

« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 09:27:43 PM by oilcanboyd23 » Logged
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:26:40 PM »

I don't have Taylor
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 09:33:29 PM »

Who do you have?  I tried the link you provided, but it just says "the league is full" when I entered the ID and password.

Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 10:30:14 PM »

That's a steal!!   Also, you chose wisely re: Larry Fitzgerry over TJ and Boldin.  As to Maroney - I would take him ahead of any WR and all but 8 or 9 RB's, but we only count yards and TD's in our league, not receptions, so there you go.

I'm in a 10-team snake-draft league that starts 3 RB's and 3 WR's.  I had the #1 overall and traded it, along with the #40, for the #10 and #11.  I figured it was better to have 2 good RB's and one decent one than to have 1 great one, one decent one and one crappy one.

We get to carry over up to 3 players per year, but you can only carry a player over if you drafted him in the 10th round or later in the prior draft or the year before.  They all laughed at me when I took Larry Johnson in the 10th round of the 2004 draft!!  Anyways, the two big carryovers this year were Frank Gore and Willie Parker.

I'd be happier with my decision to trade LT had I ended up with Maroney or Reggie Bush, but oh well...

Meet my team:

QB: Jay Cutler (81), Chad Pennington (140)

RB: Cedric Benson (10), Maurice Jones-Drew (11), Chester Taylor (carryover), Jerious Norwood (carryover), Brandon Jackson (61), Vernand Morency (carryover), Tony Hunt (100)

WR: Reggie Wayne (20), Chad Johnson (21), Plaxico Burress (41), Santana Moss (60), Brandon Jones (101), DJ Hackett (120), Ronald Curry (121)

TE:  Todd Heap (80), Heath Miller (141)

K: Stephen Gostkowski (160)

D/ST:  Seattle (161)

I drafted Taylor and Morency in 2005, so they're both back in the free agent pool next year.  I drafted Norwood in 2006, so I'm hoping he develops into a stud (and Dunn retires) between now and 2008, and that Tony Hunt can take over for Westbrook and Buckhalter at some point.   If both of those things happen, and with the #2 overall next year, I should be looking good going into the 2008 draft.

I like your team.  You have the WRs and one of Norwood or Jackson might turn into a solid starter.  Defense/ST not so valued in  your league scoring I guess. 

I actually offered my 1st, 3rd, and 4th picks to the guy with the #1 before the draft.  I believe he had better offers.  He turned them all down.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »

I actually offered my 1st, 3rd, and 4th picks to the guy with the #1 before the draft.  I believe he had better offers.  He turned them all down.

Yeah, trading LT may have been stupid.  I'd feel a lot better about it had I ended up with Bush and Maroney instead of Benson and MJD, but oh well. 

If our league only started 2 RB's every week I wouldn't have even considered trading LT, but when you're starting 3 every week, you need to be able to count on some production out of 2 of them.  That was the thought process, anyway. 
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 10:14:44 AM »

BREES

ALEXANDER
JACOBS
M TURNER
LEONARD

WARD
C JOHNSON
STALLWORTH
FURREY
JAC JONES

WITTEN

VINATIERI

GREEN BAY

oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »

BREES

ALEXANDER
JACOBS
M TURNER
LEONARD

WARD
C JOHNSON
STALLWORTH
FURREY
JAC JONES

WITTEN

VINATIERI

GREEN BAY

Hmm... I'd rather have Brees than Cutler, and I'd rather have Alexander than Jones-Drew or Benson, but that's about it. 

Jacobs vs Benson or Jones-Drew, Ward vs Wayne, Stallworth vs Plaxico, Furrey vs Moss, Turner vs Norwood, Leonard vs Taylor/Jackson, Witten vs Heap... I'd rather have my guy in any of those cases. 

But hey, that's just my perception - maybe I'm wrong and your team is stronger than mine, who knows?   Or maybe Brees and Alexander blow out their knees on the first play of the first game, and your team is sunk... Or maybe Jacobs runs for 1800 yards and 25 TD's and your team crushes... who knows? 
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 01:36:59 PM »

Your QB is MY backup

Nuff said
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »

Your QB is MY backup

Nuff said

In your league, maybe.  QB's don't count for much in our league.  They only get a point for every 20 yards passing and 3 points for a passing TD.   So Brees might average 20 or 21 points a game and Cutler might average 18 or 19 points a game.  Or it might be the other way around.  Either way, it's not significant.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 10:12:07 AM »

Your QB is MY backup

Nuff said

Is it?  Your QB threw for under 200 yards, with 2 picks and no TD's.  Maybe you started the wrong guy?  Maybe not, who knows?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: