Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 21, 2018, 04:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Club  (Read 22774 times)
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: June 14, 2008, 08:14:59 AM »

New Lithuanian movie, with English subtitles,

http://www.alfa.lt/straipsnis/c61516

Pretty good effort.  It is going by the name "Loss," but the title translates into "Unnecessary Persons."   Here is the trailer,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6BTO3loVI&feature=related

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 03:31:05 PM by Dzimas » Logged
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: June 16, 2008, 01:08:51 AM »

Never on Sunday arrived in the mail today,

I think I'll watch it tomorrow.

You are in for a great treat, am envious of anyone seeing it for the first time.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: June 16, 2008, 08:39:15 AM »

Unfortunately, tomorrow hasn't come yet, but look forward to sharing observations, NYT, when it does.
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: June 18, 2008, 01:38:09 AM »

I'm there, dzimas, only wish I could imitate Mercouri's growly purring of "Ho-mair" for at least 3 syllables to the oh-so-intelligent yet poor bemusedly befuddled Dassin.  Remember, at the end "they all go to the seashore!"
pugetopolis
Superhero Member

Ink Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: June 18, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »

Hollywood Babylon
—for Donotremove, Dzimas & Laurie 

I dreamed about Liberace last night—
His toupee askew and candelabra flying
Thru the air with his Mother and George
Hiding under the piano and Las Vegas
Going down in tacky neon and flames…

I dreamed about Rock Hudson last night—
Throwing one last Hollywood party by the pool
With Jane Wyman from Magnificent Obsession
In leather drag leading all the bad boyz in
One last cabaret of Miss Sodom and Gomorrah…

I dreamed about Bette Davis last night— 
Pissed off in a bitch fight with Anne Baxter
Plus George Sanders as Addison DeWitt   
Beating Clifton Webb-Waldo Lydecker’s
Brains out with a tacky beat-up Oscar.

I dreamed about Orson Welles last night—
Playing Harry Slime in The Third Man
Throwing Joseph Cotton off the Ferris Wheel
Landing on Baron Kurtz and Dr. Winkel
And Alida Valli in one big SPAT!!!     

I dreamed about Charles Laughton last night—
Playing the gimpy Hunchback of Notre Dame
Getting it on with Esmeralda in the belfry
Then throwing her down off the high parapets
Like a good queer Quasimodo should…

I dreamed about Miss Tricky Dick last night—
And all the crummy politicians in the closet
Playing it straight for all the rubes & Jesus freaks
While doing the down-low in the Tea Rooms
At the airports holding babies up for TV…

I dreamed about Milk and Miscone last night—
There in sad dreary San Francisco City Hall
And all those gay pride parades with my queenly 
Friends long dead and gone now, Dykes on Bikes
And fleets of happy-go-lucky gone Cadillac joy…

“Other people's obsessions
are more often funny than tragic.”
—Vincent Canby, The New York Times
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: June 19, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »

Thanks for the poem, puget.  We have our own provincial version of Liberace in Rytis Cicinas,

Brings back such fond memories.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: June 21, 2008, 04:12:47 AM »

I ordered a copy of Chungking Express the other day.  I had seen it years ago, and it made a very good impression on me.  Kar Wai Wong (or whatever order his name goes in) has gone onto to do some very evocative movies like In the Mood for Love and 2046, which I very much enjoyed.  I've been on a bit of a Chinese binge as of late, picking up Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress and the sumptuous new Criterion edition of The Last Emperor.  So many great movies coming out of Hong Kong, albeit The Last Emperor was Bertolucci's ode to "The Red Empire."  I was a bit disappointed with Ang Lee's Lust, Caution.  Impeccably filmed as one would expect, but short of any real substance.  Not enough contemporary tales coming out of China and Hong Kong, which I guess was why I was in the mood for Chungking Express.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 04:14:27 AM by Dzimas » Logged
pugetopolis
Superhero Member

Ink Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: June 21, 2008, 05:28:18 AM »

I've been on a bit of a Chinese binge as of late, picking up Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress and the sumptuous new Criterion edition of The Last Emperor.  So many great movies coming out of Hong Kong, albeit The Last Emperor was Bertolucci's ode to "The Red Empire." 

Interesting. I have a copy of The Last Emperor, so exquisitely decadent. I imagine the Criterion version even more so. Right up my alley lately. (With my rather decadent summer blahs.)  

Grin Grin

madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: June 21, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »

Oh,c'mon, that particular Bertolucci was not that decadent at all. It was rather a factual story of the Nationalist collaboration with the Japanese.

Previous dynasties have been much more degenerate in their treatment of what they deemed less important human beings. Continual revolution corrected that and brought history back to balance as it always will. Mankind can be counted on to tip the scales.

Some excellent footage of Peter O'Toole, however. Have really missed him as age  progresses, and have not seen his, Venus.

A little check up at imdb reveals age is not all it is cracked up to be as he has 3 films since Venus,7 tv episodes of The Tudors, 2 completed films this year, 1 post-production,2 pre-production, and 2 in production!
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: June 22, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »

I don't know, The Last Emperor had its decadent moments.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: June 22, 2008, 12:32:13 PM »

Speaking of decadence, puget, you should check out The Decadent Gardener.  It will help rid you of your summertime blahs.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:34:08 PM by Dzimas » Logged
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1331 on: June 22, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

look forward to sharing observations, NYT, when it does.

Had a chance to watch Never On Sunday yet? 
pugetopolis
Superhero Member

Ink Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: June 23, 2008, 01:53:16 AM »

Yawn...

workcreation

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: January 23, 2018, 05:05:58 AM »

:-\In case that you are nurturing a fabulous desire studying on the law higher educatoin institutions, better secure it without delay which it certainly can't be always easy to go through the big economic debt load. Over plenty of time earning whatever law degree becomes quite frustrating predominantly attributable to sky-rocketing cost. Therefore students often are looking for techniques getting financial sustain.   lawpremier.com
Currently you may see so a couple of laws that could be implemented throughout state together with federal organisations in Usa which persist the employers to select Labor The legislation Posters for you to facilitate their own personal employees alongside better maladies. These Manual work Law Posters supplies the complete information in connection with employee's great privileges together with duties which specifically government features determined.   naughtylaw.com
With any region there is present, plus for all the governmental appearance that delivers law, many regulating agencies that could be chartered alongside putting all the principles about functioning right into enjoy. Just seeking out who most people agencies are normally and when they capture their regulations can a be very daunting mission alone. So exactly what the ultimate tactic to achieve compliance without needing to filter through numerous government internet websites?   amateurlaw.com
The broad law on the subject of attraction will not be helping you simply because would perhaps want to buy to perform and maybe it's for such type of reason: the laws along with the universe, the the legislation of drawing card specifically like I'm authoring in the following paragraphs is to not ever be contacted having any attitude that we all intend to make sure you "try which usually out for just two weeks to know if which usually works". How might you think along with the law on the subject of attraction? Exactly what your perspective towards which usually?   casuallaw.com
Moving is really as stressful on the subject of pets as helpful for grownups and children's alike. Pets turned into very attached by their residence and additionally area and all drastic change might very serious for those kids. But because a great many pets experience a number of relocation of their lifetime, most find a way to get using it and adapt to their recent homes quite simply. Here can be a few basic suggestions for help with thus, making this move like easy also . for your furry friend.   youthpets.com
So, you've plainly struggled from first debilitating months about experiencing lost the one you love pet together with adjusting any without their own personal friendship together with presence. But at this time where ever turn along with the particular dog collar, the precise leash, the meals and drinking water bowls and the toys? Men and women have basically no issue throwing this stuff away or getting to you who expects them.   studentpets.com
Arranging a fabulous pet memorial service service service would be challenging the correct when it's possible you have just dropped a irreplaceable friend. But the moment finances are really a concern, the planning could very well be even alot more stressful. All the same, there are ways to cut cost and program a fiction writer pet memorial service service using a budget eventhough still piecing together an attractive, respectful blowout of life for the beloved pet dog.   ladypets.com
Dealing alongside pet loss in any magnitude could very well be devastating, whether it's possible you have had your furry friend for year or two or shut 20 dozens of years. It would be impossible for you to compare that could be worse - from the moment your pet comprises of a debilitating disease so you go using extensive pet animal medical chiropractor visits watching your pet dog suffer before shortage of life, or unexpected unexpected pet dog loss caused by an car accident or unexpected illness.   guidepets.com
Are you sick of typical pets an example dogs and cats? Do you prefer to try using something recent, exciting together with cute? If which is certainly your intend, then all the trend can be to try getting a ferret straight? Ferret pets are actually adorable. Their specialized physical features get them to as about the most amazing your animals your can buy. Many children's love using ferret livestock, all as they're cute, calm and additionally trainable.   commercialpets.com
Why did you will determine to locate any tag for the pet? On many, the purpose is simply caused just by functional. Which is certainly, the motives behind the family pet tag is always to provide legible communication details from an individual so, who finds your pet if which usually wanders in a different country. Now, while numerous will have knowledge of the functionality along with the pet licence plate words, they is probably not aware along with the other prizes found while using tag.   casualpets.com
Natural pet dog supplements receive will probably be well-known optional regarding owners who are reluctant for you to subject their own personal pets for those harsh negative effects and another sort of pitfalls on the subject of traditional applications. By dependent on safe, softer, all 100 % natural ingredients, daily supplements will assist to improve health insurance and increase all the pet's vigor and energy levels and show you how to breathe simple and easy concurrently.   skillpets.com
When furry acquaintance dies, it is very traumatic. Many all those find enjoyment in doing memorial gardens of their yards alongside pet excessive markers or to locate the best quality pet urn for you to honor their own personal lost pal. They will probably write pet dog memorials, and provide the phases regarding grieving for use on your pet. This technique may develop weeks, in addition to months, according to the bond involving the pet parent and the pet, and the depth along with the grief.   profitpets.com
When your escape, it is essential that you are alert to the classification with your country on the subject of origin (when you launch your trips) and the rabies classification along with the destination part (when you result your escape). When you've layovers without any help trip, you should be aware regarding quarantine standards of lands where you will apparent methods. The creative traveler you must avoid quarantine standards of rabies complimentary countries by way of planning early.   coachpets.com
Dogs together with cats all over the place will immediately commence that should be tormented just by fleas ever since these dreadful pests strengthen. Today's anthropological has obtainable us the store's weapons for you to fight flea infestation nearly all includes the store's implementation on your 4 time process on the subject of complete flea overcome and liable pet curiosity. This requires for which you implement whatever four time process when begins alongside pet curiosity and treatment method, pet setting sanitation, treatment along with the environment, and additionally continuing followup.   amateurpets.com
With Obama's old push producing every health insurance plan universal you will want to know which health insurance provider to get a with to guarantee the cheapest technique and most effective quality protection. It'll come to be interesting to know what Obama's governing does on the subject of allowing consumers to select their health insurance provider. In the following paragraphs I may well explain a way to use law enforcement money to acquire the best health insurance provider.   updateshealth.com
To have the finest, poor expense, health care coverage for a individual, comprehensively understand to execute a small amount of groundwork. In information, I make sure you offer a fabulous palm with a lot of the health coverage basics so that you will understand just how lies powering cheap health insurance quotes. I equally mention primary factors you should be aware of to get the lowest appeal possible together with what meaning in regards to coverage.   andmorehealth.com
Washboard abs unfortunate the correct to suffer from a complaint, sickness or a major accident whenever you're looking for in your day to day life, the consequences could very well be far acquiring and impinge on yourself and additionally household just for maybe months and / or years into the future. Primarily you have to pick immediate therapy look at after the auto accident or possibly disease. You will requires consider a way to meet all the financial commitments quickly period on the subject of hospitalisation together with recovery.   getahealth.com
Seeking out health coverage? Do about what your insurance plans is? Exactly what your allowable, and exactly what your superior quality? If you will imagine for which you can't spend money for prices with your current health insurance, or you will imagine which you need to able to make sure you finally develop insurance, you might search right into plans that exist within your town.   taphealthy.com
The reasoning of person pushed health and wellness ideas came within the reaction to make sure you rapidly increasing health insurance costs. In other words, these choices allow consumers to finance their health-related expenses using a pre-tax time frame, because there're taking approximately more on  a daily basis expenses an example office jaunts and medications. Consumer moved health plans are usually usually of a high allowable health plan which is certainly qualified from irs to develop tax prizes.   singlehealthy.com
One will be able to say when he/she does not have any the term life insurance or the next miscellaneous sorts insurances an example earthquake coverage and recognized brands individuals, but health insurance is obviously one of many mandatory different insurance. At this point, find affordable health insurance is probably not as easy while it sounds, particularly while you're a very small business owner or possibly one-man retailer.   positivehealthy.com
If evolving into unemployed will not be bad the correct, you besides just dropped your ceo sponsored health insurance. While nothing We can suggest could make this poor situation directly into happy times, ideas just for handling all the resulting health insurance problem will assist to. The options of health insurance is to be made swiftly to keep your your important health insurance protection.   lasthealthy.com
Numerous, most many people don't deal with their health as much they might, nor address their body systems. If you take pleasure in too a whole lot processed snacks and exquisite meals, get and another sort of unhealthy matters, you might negatively inside your health. Together with, if there is a constant eat sufficiently greens and provide enough fiber in what you eat, you will not be giving any system the nutrients requires to deliver the results properly.   fantastichealthy.com
You've got two choices in the case of health coverage in Florida: group insurance plans and your own policies. But that could be better? Folks are often vigilant with private ideas, but you need to know that you may see restrictions approximately individual health insurance in Florida. Rate classes are confined. This suggests that premiums won't be able to vary by a large amount of across one single policy because of the health status.   cutehealthy.com
Unless just about anyone is employing Medicaid, Medicare health care, self-funded health-related packages, or understandably medical discounted plans, someone's two insurance plans options are normally group health insurance and individual health insurance. Illinois inhabitants must determine what sort of plan they're just qualified to take delivery of, which a bit like plan offers the cover options achieve, and what sort of plan may well be more fitted in their costs.   concepthealthy.com
When was bygone times time you will seriously thought of as purchasing individual health insurance? California sunshine will likely make you feel with all the planet, but coverage of health is among the most most really important purchases individuals might earn. Get looking by seriously considering your old health really needs and comparing the store's coverage methods and estimates from many distinct providers.   busyhealthy.com
Exercise and physical fitness play an indispensable role throughout both staying one's mental health and in dealing with a psychological and mental illness. Splitting research shows that workout literally generates a fabulous substance which usually induces all the progress of mind cells, thus granting recovery because of sever drug abuse disorders. Likewise, physical behavior and psychological and mental health rescue coincide throughout fostering a fabulous myspace and additionally facebook and additionally stimulating self-reflection,   broadhealthy.com
While alot more education isn't any guarantee on the subject of anything in these days, there would be one setting where alot more schooling remains to be shown to provide a develop. And which is certainly education attached to your personally own private health and wellness. A recent report within your Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Commission to generate a Much more favourable America locates that somebody that has more education report a lot better health than somebody that has less education.   xtremehealthy.com
Men's fitness is more on your concern than the other sexual intercourse when looked around the light on the subject of contemporary life-style. They can smoke together with drink beyond women so their health need alot more attention. Apart types the damaging lifestyle all the worries is normally furthermore significant problem for men health. As numerous simply raise themselves for those work the can do, the mission burdens can be found influencing most of the health about the most.   professionalhealthy.com
Various health-related trouble in pet owners affect in various ways to make sure you people. It remains to be seen which usually girls mostly neglect their own personal health or dansko professional clogs their partners and children's. Some along with the health worries are just feminine plus several are a great deal more widespread for females when compared to guys. Those that more universal in women are overweight, osteoarthritis, despression symptoms etc.   ideahealthy.com
Sports include night-life for large sums of most people worldwide each and every year, with the store's four primary sports drawing about the most fans by their events each and every year. The a couple of major sports activities are sports entertainment, baseball, skiing and transfer shoes. There are normally stadiums together with arenas that could be so great that a couple of patrons has to use binoculars on the subject of sports video game titles that manifest there that allows you to see exactly what happening in the field, the store's court, or the store's ice because it is known their carseats are currently from the store's action.   findasports.com
LasirDV

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: April 05, 2018, 03:17:28 PM »

Our team is a unique producer of quality fake documents.
We offer only original high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards, stamps and other products for a number of countries like:
USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom. This list is not full.

To get the additional information and place the order just visit our website:

http://www.buysellfakepassport.cc www. buysellfakepassport.cc

>> Contact e-mails:

General support: [email protected]

Technical support: [email protected]

-----------------------------
Keywords:

obtain fake passports,
obtain false passports,
obtain novelty passports,
obtain fake driver license,
obtain false driver license,
obtain novelty driver license,
obtain Diplomatic passports,
purchase fake passports,
purchase false passports,
purchase novelty passports,
purchase fake driver license,
purchase false driver license,
purchase novelty driver license,
purchase Diplomatic passports,
sell fake passports,
sell false passports,
sell novelty passports,
sell fake driver license,
sell false driver license,
sell novelty driver license,
get fake passports,
get false passports,
get novelty passports,
get fake driving license,
get false driving license,
get novelty driver license,
get Diplomatic passports,

buy Argentine fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Australian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy buy Austrian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Belgian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Brazilian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Bulgarian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Canadian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Chinese fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Cuban fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Cypriot fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Czech fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Danish fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Dominican Republic fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Ecuadorian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Estonian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Finnish fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy French fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy German fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Greek fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Hungarian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Icelandic fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Indian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Indonesian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Irish fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Israeli fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Italian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Japanese fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Korean fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Latvian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Lithuanian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Luxembourgian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Malaysian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Mexican fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Monegasque fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Dutch fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy New Zealand fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Norwegian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Philippine fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Polish fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Portuguese fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Romanian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Russian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Saudi Arabia fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Singapore fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Slovak fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Slovenian fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy South African fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Spanish fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Swedish fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Swiss fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Taiwan fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Thai fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Turkish fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy Emirati fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
buy British fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
American fake passports driving licence id card for sale online
=========================================================================
fake passport canada, novelty id templates, novelty id cards, drivers license templates, novelty identity cards, proof id card, michigan id card, how to make id cards, passport identity theft, drivers license holograms, how to get a passport to canada,phatism id,fake student id,driver license id,new hampshire identification card,make an id card,novelty id card,drivers licence template,make a id card,driving licence id,drivers license hologram,age id card,novelty id template,photo id template,passport canada printable forms,pick n save employment application,novelty id cards canada,proof of age id,california novelty id,how to get a id card,how to get a identification card,photo id templates,age identification card,fake id proof of age,authentic fake id,fluxcard id,id templates for free,id template download,identity theft passport,free drivers license template,photo id driving licence,passport drivers license,phatism id cards,completing passport application,proof of age identity cards,drivers licence templates,holograms for ids,novelty cards id,proof of identity cards,driver license hologram,make a passport online,driving license template,old navy job application online form,need fake id,templates for id cards,secrets of a back alley id man,proof of id card,fake id with pass hologram,online job application old navy,free id card template download,make free id,how to make identity card,scannable novelty id,renewing canadian passports online,free photo id template,canadian passport renewal forms online,download id templates,cards created theidshop,how to get identification,cards through theidshop,british passport for sale,template for id card,fake id pass hologram,novelty id maker,free novelty id templates,buy student id,pass hologram fake id,free id templates download,belvine id,templates for id,driver license passport,how to make id holograms,make your own drivers licence,can i get a passport without a birth certificate,photoidcards.com,novelty photo id,how to get identification card,how to get your id card,ca drivers license template,passport identification card,how to make birth certificates,birth certificate identification,how to make a student id card,picture id template,novelty student card,how to make a fake id easy,driving licence proof identity,buy id holograms,cards created through theidshop,fake college id templates
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90
  Print  

Jump to: