Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
May 22, 2018, 09:11:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: World Series  (Voting closed: October 24, 2017, 11:59:40 PM)
Astros in 7 - 0 (0%)
Astros in 6 - 2 (50%)
Astros in 5 - 0 (0%)
Astros in 4 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 4 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 5 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 6 - 1 (25%)
Dodgers in 7 - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 ... 1314
  Print  
Author Topic: American League  (Read 96891 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19260 on: January 25, 2018, 10:46:20 PM »

Wouldnt mind seeing Broxton to Mets now.  Or did he go to Florida?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19261 on: January 26, 2018, 07:11:19 AM »

Good for Christian Yelich, but I think, that even with a haul of supposedly top-notch prospects, Marlins fans should be pretty pissed off.

All four of them?

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19262 on: January 26, 2018, 07:34:23 AM »

Say what you want of Jeter - but he got a real nice deal from Brewers.  Another one of those "good for both teams" situations.

I still like he got Castro (lets see if Starling stays) - and I hope they keep Realmuto, though reports are Nationals are interested (get ON that, Mets)
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19263 on: January 26, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »

Say what you want of Jeter - but he got a real nice deal from Brewers.  Another one of those "good for both teams" situations.

I still like he got Castro (lets see if Starling stays) - and I hope they keep Realmuto, though reports are Nationals are interested (get ON that, Mets)
It might well be good for the Marlins in a few years at which point, if their history is a guide, they'll start stripping the ball club of the newer wave of productive players and turning them into future talent. It's the classic "always rebuilding" model and is a great argument against public financing of stadiums.

Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty.  If your cup is full, may it be again.  Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19264 on: January 26, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »

What are they trading?  The Marlins with Stanton were 131 games below .500

Trying it another way is actually admirable.

Look at 1997.  Marlins won it all with many home grown guys and pieces they made wise deals for.  But this was Stanton's NINTH season coming up.  How long do you wait before cashing that in and trying a reboot?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19265 on: January 28, 2018, 11:16:38 AM »

Great off season read: https://www.randomhouse.com/kvpa/talese/essays/dimaggio.html

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19266 on: January 28, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »

Delving into the Hot Corner and the few numbers of players at that position who go to the Hall: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/sports/baseball/hall-of-fame-chipper-jones.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/sports

bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19267 on: January 29, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »

Indians pull Chief Wahoo from life support

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/apnewsbreak-indians-removing-chief-wahoo-logo-uniforms-52686021

Divisive and hotly debated, the Chief Wahoo logo is being removed from the Cleveland Indians' uniform next year.

The polarizing mascot is coming off the team's jersey sleeves and caps starting in the 2019 season, a move that will end Chief Wahoo's presence on the field but may not completely silence those who deem it racist.

The Associated Press was informed of the decision before an official announcement was planned for Monday by Major League Baseball.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19268 on: January 29, 2018, 02:21:03 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/apnewsbreak-indians-removing-chief-wahoo-logo-uniforms-52686021

Divisive and hotly debated, the Chief Wahoo logo is being removed from the Cleveland Indians' uniform next year.

The polarizing mascot is coming off the team's jersey sleeves and caps starting in the 2019 season, a move that will end Chief Wahoo's presence on the field but may not completely silence those who deem it racist.

The Associated Press was informed of the decision before an official announcement was planned for Monday by Major League Baseball.

About time. Keeping it on some merch for.NE Ohio to maintain the copyright.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19269 on: January 29, 2018, 02:43:09 PM »

It may have been the quid pro quo for getting the '19 AS Game.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19270 on: January 29, 2018, 03:03:04 PM »

Well, more precondition I think. But definitely and i think admitedly part of the deal.

bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19271 on: January 29, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »

Well, more precondition I think. But definitely and i think admitedly part of the deal.

you think they got another logo other than the "C" in mind?

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19272 on: January 29, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »

you think they got another logo other than the "C" in mind?

Maybe. Gotta get those themed apparel sales rolling!

bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19273 on: January 29, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »

How about a cross marketing effort with Cavs

and use this

He'll never leave!

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19274 on: January 29, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »

I thought he would.stick, but having brought a championship this years train wreck is making me rethink.

Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 ... 1314
  Print  

Jump to: