Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Installed latest version of forum software, had a large number of incompatibilities with older version, unfortunately needs to be a clean reboot.  I did attempt to import users from last iteration.  There seems to be a login bug where you have to click the login link and go to the login page to get in. Not sure why yet. 

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: American League  (Read 2239 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: American League
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »

If Urena appealed he might get it cut to 5

That it was first pitch of the game made all the difference.

I have no problem with the suspension.  The (MLB Radio) idiot Casey Stern called for 20 games - 5 is the way it has been, so that is proper at this point.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »

Swing the bat, Quinn, ya little shit.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2018, 10:56:32 PM »

Resilience.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »

Diamondbacks 5, Padres 1: If you placed money on “Some time in 2018 Clay Buchholz will pitch a complete game, allowing only one run on five hits, getting the win for a playoff contending team” before the season began you would’ve been arrested for suspected time-traveling and/or placed in a rubber room so you could not do any harm to others or to yourself. Yet it happened. He got five runs of support in the first inning, thanks in part to a David Peralta three-run homer, and other than allowing a Hunter Renfroe solo shot in the eighth, he was lights-out. Not too bad for a guy everyone thought was burnt toast not too long ago.

Speaking of resilience.

I'm glad for Clay, but I sure wonder what changed for him! Maybe the heat of the spotlights in Boston and Philly was too much, but with nobody paying attention in AZ, he's thriving?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2018, 11:05:59 AM »

its the dry-heat.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »

its the dry-heat.

It's the heat, not the humility?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2018, 12:27:36 PM »

its the dry-heat.

It's the heat, not the humility?

Sounds about right.

It was funny, early yesterday I scanned the games and saw Buchholz was pitching, and i had forgotten about him, so I looked at his #s, and had a "good for him" reaction.

And then he a CG win last night.

Good for him.

It seems it wasn't all that long ago "we" had him and Lester penciled in as our budding #1 #2 homegrown studs pitching and winning in Fenway for the next decade.

time flies.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »

Diamondbacks 5, Padres 1: If you placed money on “Some time in 2018 Clay Buchholz will pitch a complete game, allowing only one run on five hits, getting the win for a playoff contending team” before the season began you would’ve been arrested for suspected time-traveling and/or placed in a rubber room so you could not do any harm to others or to yourself. Yet it happened. He got five runs of support in the first inning, thanks in part to a David Peralta three-run homer, and other than allowing a Hunter Renfroe solo shot in the eighth, he was lights-out. Not too bad for a guy everyone thought was burnt toast not too long ago.

Speaking of resilience.

I'm glad for Clay, but I sure wonder what changed for him! Maybe the heat of the spotlights in Boston and Philly was too much, but with nobody paying attention in AZ, he's thriving?

You have to understand pitching

And adjustments

And health

Resilience?  Yeah, of course that is part of it.

Good story in the Globe about Eovaldi's transformation.  The cutter that WAS, then wasnt (after a trade).  Now it is again(after Eovaldi suggested it be revived).

Has gone from throwing 70% fastballs to much less than 50.

Yep, pitchers often have more than 1 or even 2 lives.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2018, 09:34:33 PM »

Nola! Ring the bell! Utes get it done.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2018, 10:56:14 PM »

Need one more
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]