Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 22, 2018, 05:43:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: World Series  (Voting closed: October 24, 2017, 11:59:40 PM)
Astros in 7 - 0 (0%)
Astros in 6 - 2 (50%)
Astros in 5 - 0 (0%)
Astros in 4 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 4 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 5 - 0 (0%)
Dodgers in 6 - 1 (25%)
Dodgers in 7 - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1292
  Print  
Author Topic: American League  (Read 79860 times)
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19290 on: February 06, 2018, 09:48:47 AM »

Certainly...

I don't know what happens when people die. Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try. It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear. That I can't sing. I can't help listening and I can't help feeling stupid standing around.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19291 on: February 06, 2018, 11:00:54 AM »

Frazier to the Mets.

That team will have some old dudes at the corners.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19292 on: February 07, 2018, 11:11:25 AM »

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/85270/looking-for-a-2018-breakout-offense-start-with-these-three-lineups

It must be February.

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19293 on: February 07, 2018, 02:19:41 PM »

The Yankees got Russell Wilson in a trade with Texas.  All coming together nicely. 

I don't know what happens when people die. Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try. It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear. That I can't sing. I can't help listening and I can't help feeling stupid standing around.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19294 on: February 07, 2018, 02:29:05 PM »

The Yankees got Russell Wilson in a trade with Texas.  All coming together nicely. 

and from what I hear the Red Sox will be aggressively pursuing Malcolm Butler

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19295 on: February 07, 2018, 08:19:22 PM »

and from what I hear the Red Sox will be aggressively pursuing Malcolm Butler

When he stops crying.

josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile
« Reply #19296 on: February 12, 2018, 03:40:43 PM »

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/02/12/former-mlb-pitcher-esteban-loaiza-arrested-with-44-pounds-of-heroin-and-cocaine/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

That's a lot of heroin and coke.

Looking like he will spend longer in prison than he did in the majors.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19297 on: February 12, 2018, 11:48:25 PM »

Really hammering that refusal of due process, arent you?
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile
« Reply #19298 on: February 13, 2018, 12:07:42 AM »

Really hammering that refusal of due process, arent you?

It's like this, kid:

a) It could be mistaken identity. If so, the person they captured, whomever it is, is likely going away longer than Loaiza's baseball career, because he is guilty.

b) It could be a set-up or plant. If so, Loaiza is likely to to be going away for a long time, even though he is innocent.

c) It could be exactly what it sounds like. If so, Loaiza is likely to to be going away for a long time, because he is guilty.

It's not like he could claim that he tested guilty because of sesame seeds.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19299 on: February 13, 2018, 06:35:01 PM »

South Pointe baseball wins o/u released today

Yanks open at 93.5 and immediately bet up to 94
Boston open 91.5 and bet down to 91
Indians at 94
Dodgers open 96.5 up to 97
Astros at 97
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19300 on: February 14, 2018, 11:35:49 AM »

HOw do we know that Rob Manfred is lying? Well, this is the guy who hung with and then paid criminals to find "evidence" that A-Rod used steroids.

READ THIS:“It is common at this point in the calendar to have large numbers of free agents unsigned. What is uncommon is to have some of the best free agents sitting unsigned even though they have substantial offers, some in nine figures. It is the responsibility of players’ agents to value their clients in a constantly changing free agent market based on factors such as positional demand, advanced analytics and the impact of the new basic agreement.  To lay responsibility on the clubs for the failure of some agents to accurately assess the market is unfair, unwarranted and inflammatory.”

YES. quite "to have some of the best free agents sitting unsigned".

BUT...HOW DOES THE COMMISSIONER KNOW "they have substantial offers, some in nine figures", if there is no collusion?

He didn't say, "reportedly" in front of "substantial offers, some in nine figures".

He said it as though the KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE OFFERS HAVE BEEN, and if that is the case, then MLB is complicit in creating an environment in which the free market is supposed to actually be a free market.

Rob Manfred was brought in to cheat, lie, steal, etc....and work only for the owners. He, like his predecessor, has no real interest in "the best interests of baseball".

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:46:22 AM by MrUtley3 » Logged

bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19301 on: February 15, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »

While adding a big bat seems to be what most fans are pining for, Dombrowski says that not what he hears.

"I go out every morning, I have a cup of coffee, I sit at a Dunkin Donuts and I bet you I have about 10 people a day that talk to me. And it's really split," he said. "People are very supportive, don't do anything if you think it's unwise."

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2018/02/dave_dombrowski_hears_from_red.html

Im heartened to hear Dave D is getting has java and free agent advice at Dunkin's. But I wonder if the pulse of RSN is any different at Starbucks?

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19302 on: February 15, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »

While adding a big bat seems to be what most fans are pining for, Dombrowski says that not what he hears.

"I go out every morning, I have a cup of coffee, I sit at a Dunkin Donuts and I bet you I have about 10 people a day that talk to me. And it's really split," he said. "People are very supportive, don't do anything if you think it's unwise."

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2018/02/dave_dombrowski_hears_from_red.html

Im heartened to hear Dave D is getting has java and free agent advice at Dunkin's. But I wonder if the pulse of RSN is any different at Starbucks?
I'm not normally a donut guy, but  on my way up to Maine I always at a Gourmet Donuts in Littleton, MA, which I guess is part of a small chain.   Excellent place.

bankshot1
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19303 on: February 15, 2018, 12:34:52 PM »

I'll go into a Dunkin's every now and then for a glazed cruller, and iced coffee. Never got into the Krispy Kreme kraze, they were good, but they're just freakin' donuts.  Not familiar with "Gormet Donuts" up in Maine. I do remember they had Tim Hortons up there (a Candian outfit), like Dunkin's, nothing remarkable. 

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19304 on: February 15, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »

Actually the Gourmet Donuts is in Mass in a bunch of those little towns of off 495.  I go in there just to get away from the hell that is 495.   

Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1292
  Print  

Jump to: