Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2713 2714 [2715]

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498542 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40710 on: April 25, 2024, 10:09:13 PM »

To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill, You can depend on Mike Johnson to do the right thing. But only after he has exhausted every other possibility.
The best result of the Johnson handling of the aid package is that it embarrassed MTG and kept the democrats on his side. If you do not understand this you are a political idiot.

If he was not such a drama queen Ukraine would not have had to wait six months losing many lives and some territory in the process and we would have more secure borders. Your boy is a whiny little bitch in ways that only hurt this country. Being ten times better than Gym Jordan would be is an awfully low bar to clear and that bar wobbled hard as he went over.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40711 on: Today at 01:27:11 AM »

Trump lawyers are saying President Biden can order the FBI to open up three seats on the Supreme Court and vacate the Chief Justice today with no concern about prosecution unless an impeachment against him is successful. He can then order the FBI to ensure there are no living Senators to hear the charges against him. They are lucky the current President is far too good a man to contemplate it. The former fucktard will do it in a heartbeat if he gets the chance.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40712 on: Today at 08:37:22 AM »

To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill, You can depend on Mike Johnson to do the right thing. But only after he has exhausted every other possibility.
The best result of the Johnson handling of the aid package is that it embarrassed MTG and kept the democrats on his side. If you do not understand this you are a political idiot.
There was never a danger of losing Democrats on an aid bill fully supported by the White House. Johnson did nothing for the aid package except bring Biden's proposal for a vote. If you do not understand this you are an idiot. Or a relentless political hack. Or in your case, both.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40713 on: Today at 11:06:56 AM »

Does anyone understand why the US is giving 2 billion of aid to Taiwan? Is it supposed to stop an invasion? Hunter is running low on spending dough? Vets are sleeping in the streets. Poorer families cannot survive with inflated prices.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40714 on: Today at 11:17:55 AM »

There was never a danger of losing Democrats on an aid bill fully supported by the White House.

Correct
Now go to step 2
I will wait.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40715 on: Today at 11:45:32 AM »

There was never a danger of losing Democrats on an aid bill fully supported by the White House.

Correct
Now go to step 2
I will wait.
He did not embarrass MTG either, because I do not think it is possible for her to be embarrassed. Like the ex-president you adore she is essentially just an internet troll holding public office and any press feeds her. Her response to the Ukraine aid passing was to offer an amendment requiring everyone who voted for aid to join the Ukrainian army. How do you embarrass that?

My position on Johnson is he eventually did his job, after six months that killed a lot of Ukrainians, cost them territory and enabled Putin. Kudos, a lot of Repo speakers like McCarthy for one, would never have brought it to the floor. But having more guts than McCarthy and standing up to the likes of Greene is a low bar. Taking six months to do it is not heroic, nor does it merit the praise you claim it does. It was a Biden initiative a bipartisan majority of Congress agreed with, and it took him 6 months to see it through during which time support from his side of the aisle got less.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40716 on: Today at 11:46:43 AM »

Yeah, Johnson was playing three dimensional chess with Large Marge and that took six months.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40717 on: Today at 11:49:02 AM »

There was never a danger of losing Democrats on an aid bill fully supported by the White House. Johnson did nothing for the aid package except bring Biden's proposal for a vote. If you do not understand this you are an idiot. Or a relentless political hack. Or in your case, both.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40718 on: Today at 11:51:17 AM »

Does anyone understand why the US is giving 2 billion of aid to Taiwan? Is it supposed to stop an invasion? Hunter is running low on spending dough? Vets are sleeping in the streets. Poorer families cannot survive with inflated prices.

It is called the Porcupine Defense. The same defense employed by Ukraine in the wake of the initial invasion.
China may try to bite Taiwan but it is gonna hurt if it tries to swallow.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40719 on: Today at 11:59:54 AM »

:-[

Correct
Now go to step 2
I will wait.
He did not embarrass MTG either, because I do not think it is possible for her to be embarrassed. Like the ex-president you adore she is essentially just an internet troll holding public office and any press feeds her. Her response to the Ukraine aid passing was to offer an amendment requiring everyone who voted for aid to join the Ukrainian army. How do you embarrass that?

My position on Johnson is he eventually did his job, after six months that killed a lot of Ukrainians, cost them territory and enabled Putin. Kudos, a lot of Repo speakers like McCarthy for one, would never have brought it to the floor. But having more guts than McCarthy and standing up to the likes of Greene is a low bar. Taking six months to do it is not heroic, nor does it merit the praise you claim it does. It was a Biden initiative a bipartisan majority of Congress agreed with, and it took him 6 months to see it through during which time support from his side of the aisle got less.
I am still waiting.
Pages: 1 ... 2713 2714 [2715]