Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 26, 2018, 10:51:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR  (Read 2426 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »

I don't have a clue about NASCAR but its the fastest growing sport so I figured somebody might want to talk about it.
Urethra_Franklin
Superhero Member

Make Brook our Rook

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »

Anyone know how Ricky Bobby's doing?

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."

--Thomas Jefferson
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 11:02:36 AM »

How the heck did a guy who was about 300 or so points behind the points leader get to start the chase in 1st place? If the wins were so damned important why not give him the extra points for the wins during the "regular" season instead of after the fact??

I'll tell you why. If they did then Gordon would "still" have been ahead of Johnson by 200 points. Cuz he managed to win a few races himself folks.

Dumb ass system NASCAR currently has in place IMO.

dichotomous

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.” Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:59:14 PM »

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 12:04:59 AM »

How the heck did a guy who was about 300 or so points behind the points leader get to start the chase in 1st place? If the wins were so damned important why not give him the extra points for the wins during the "regular" season instead of after the fact??

I'll tell you why. If they did then Gordon would "still" have been ahead of Johnson by 200 points. Cuz he managed to win a few races himself folks.

Dumb ass system NASCAR currently has in place IMO.

Seems like no one here really gives a crap about NASCAR. I have new respect for many of the people who post here.

Let's get the word out. No one cares about NASCAR.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:23:51 PM »

NO one still cares about NASCAR.

weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

Resue when he was a cute little kitten

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

WRONG!!!

Your worst nemesis, Weezo, is watching the Budwiser Shootout wondering who she will root for this year. Dale, Jr, not as handsome as his father, could be a choice - Jeff Gordon is interesting as a winner.

And, "remember when everyone booed him" Darryl is back sportcasting with his "boogity, boogity, boogity" again. The group that sang the National Anthem were horrid, but, as hubby quipped, better than when Roseanne did it a few years back.

And, remember, Utley, Nascar Racing is the sport of GENTLEMEN DRIVERS! Is that the reason you don't like it?

weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 10:10:04 PM »

And the racing season is off to a fine start with DALE JUNIOR taking the prize on the Budwiser Shoot Out!

YEEEEha!
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

WRONG!!!

Your worst nemesis, Weezo, is watching the Budwiser Shootout wondering who she will root for this year. Dale, Jr, not as handsome as his father, could be a choice - Jeff Gordon is interesting as a winner.

And, "remember when everyone booed him" Darryl is back sportcasting with his "boogity, boogity, boogity" again. The group that sang the National Anthem were horrid, but, as hubby quipped, better than when Roseanne did it a few years back.

And, remember, Utley, Nascar Racing is the sport of GENTLEMEN DRIVERS! Is that the reason you don't like it?

Don't flatter yourself. I don't have a nemesis. The fact that you are watching NASCAR indicates that shopping at Walmart is dumbing you down---further.

One continuous left turn is not a sport.

weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 07:42:13 PM »

Utley,

I've been watching races since before there were any Walmarts around here.

Take your balls and stuff them where the sun don't shine. I'll continue to enjoy men and machines testing their mettle.

BTW, silly old man, not all races are all left turns. There are road races, drag races (pretty boring), and the NTPA puts on a great show as well. Men and Machines. Motors and lubricating fuels. The smell of gasoline and burning rubber. You really don't know what you are missing by watching all those boys scraping on fake grass.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

"I been watchin' races since they done invented carburetors, boy." Aren't you s'posed to spit when you talk like dat, girl?

You seem to like talking dirty, weez...

And why is that?

Is that why your first husband left?

Is that what your second husband likes?

Does he put on his greasy overalls and then slide out from under that '78 Oldsmobile you just can't part with, stand up and wipe his hands on his thighs and say, "Talk dirty to me, weezy!"?

NASCAR is not a sport.

That it is entertaining to many folks, particularly those below the Mason-Dixon line, like yourself, doesn't surprise me in the least.

Ignorance begats ignorance.

I would like to see a "pineapple cat" turned into roadkill at Daytona, though. Might pay to see that. One lower form of "culture" destroying the stray ramblings of a foul-mouthed,low-rent, ill-informed Walmart greeter in a 220 mph blaze of glory!

YEEEEE-HAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »

Utley,

First husband didn't leave - I did.

Why don yo jes run oter t th bawlls forums wit de udder boyses, and see if yo can stirupa game befo yo run home to eat that pass'l of puddin yo mama made for yos guyses.

And just leave this sport to those who appreciate the finer things in life.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 08:47:37 PM »

Utley,

First husband didn't leave - I did.

Why don yo jes run oter t th bawlls forums wit de udder boyses, and see if yo can stirupa game befo yo run home to eat that pass'l of puddin yo mama made for yos guyses.

And just leave this sport to those who appreciate the finer things in life.

The finer things.

Like grits, hamhocks, and black-eyed peas washed down with Colt-45 malt liquor.

Gotcha.

CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You're a great contributor Kid.

dichotomous

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.” Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn
weezo
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »

Utley,

Skip the Colt 45, and you've got it! But you really need to top it off with an apple pie topped with vanilla ice cream.

Yesterday, the Womb Broom, Jr. won the first round of the Gaterade Duel, and will start 3rd for the Daytona race on Sunday. The racing season is off to a fine start.

Too bad about baseball, but you can always turn to a better sport at the race track!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: