Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 22, 2018, 01:52:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: Popular Music  (Read 13737 times)
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: June 26, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »

madupont--sheesh that was ages ago but hope you enjoyed it. I have a lot of sephardic recommendations if you are interested.

Anyway...the froglegs were breaded and deep-fried and delicioso.

NP--ST from Songcatcher.
sugarblues

K. I. S. S.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: June 26, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »

Cincinnati - So glad you enjoyed your lunch.  I wouldn't concider frog legs seafood BUT still don't think I would try them! 

WOW you have all been busy.  SO many posting such little time to read them. 

Vacation bound next week looking forward to long days away at the beach. 

NP:  White Stripes
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: June 26, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »

Sugar--based on others at my table, you are hardly alone in not liking leg of frog!!

The beach should be fun. Headed to the beach in late July..Hilton Head.
sugarblues

K. I. S. S.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: June 26, 2007, 03:33:52 PM »

End of July is a great time to go to the beach and enjoy the sounds of the waves.  Hope your able to get some R & R.

Im thinking crayfish pie for dinner.....wink!

NP:  Fitzgerald
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: June 26, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »

Maine crayfish? Hmmmmm... Who wouldda thunk it?

Yes....July should be good R & R time so long as the AC is working. Good time to catch up with the grandkid!
sugarblues

K. I. S. S.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »

Watched VH1 Classics this weekend...they were playing Queen. Great concert series.  Amazing talent.

Its to darn hot for pie....thinking breakfast for dinner! 

Im sure the A/C will be working - the wonders of electricity!  Cherish those memories. 

Having a buss luncheon on Thursday .......TOY
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

Memories are so imp...but even more so when they sustain something that continues. 

Its hot as blazes here too...got some rain at last but not enough!!!

Nothing special going on this week...tonight is the weekly meeting of talk...hope I can stay mostly awake!! An I-pod with Queen and Maroon 5 would help!
sugarblues

K. I. S. S.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2007, 03:55:28 PM »

IPOD of Queen and Maroon 5.......theres a great thought/wished I would have thought it!
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2007, 04:03:05 PM »

IPOD of Queen and Maroon 5.......theres a great thought/wished I would have thought it!

Are you sure you didn't? This would need an I-pod built for two!!
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2007, 04:42:30 PM »

Madu-

I feel very foolish in not recalling my own prior link to lulu on the topic of  Sephardic music and Syren.
I finally went back and looked at it again, and remember now why I got so excited! What a wonderful combo of dance and evocatie music.

About 10-15 yrs ago cincy had a modest little contemporary dance group and you could take a chance and go to their recitals for a pittance. But now contemporary dance is presented in our huge new center and it costs too much to take a chance on unknown groups and choreographers.

I also recall paying a King’s Ransom to go see Philobolus and was very,  very disappointed. I like the group on this video though, Syren.
bosox18d

Bayn Solomon just straight up sucks bum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2007, 02:05:30 AM »

Not about music but Cincy Man where do you work that serves Frog Legs?Not your typical workplace lunch food.Provencal is a great dish if the legs aren't all mushy.Like Maud says though Fried are the best beginners way or the favorite in the South.Used to be a place in Melbourne,Fl. called Wallys? that had a drive up window for a bucket of Legs!As I recall they also served blue crab and other seafood.I know there was a band called the Trogs but can't recall one named the Frogs.Though "Joy to the World" started with the line"Jerimiah was a Bullfrog" did it not.

"If it keeps going like this,the Zamboni driver is going to be the first star"
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2007, 09:57:55 AM »

The leg of frog ended up being fried vs. provincal. No complaints here.  I work at the Federal Reserve Bldg but not for the Federal reserve. The cafeteria serves the entire bldg and the chef really has some creative items on the menu.

NP--Adrienne Young--My Love Will Keep
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2007, 11:24:26 AM »

Oh, my gosh, cincy-man, do you remember that book about the Fed Reserve, I need the exact title, something about  The Temple....?  I had a Princeton student from China advise me to grab it off the table at the Princeton Day School annual book sale, so I did.  Then somebody else grabbed it at my house, when I wasn't looking. Not easy, since it is HUGE. I suspect it was the landlord when he knew that I was shopping and would be out awhile; but, he's dead, so he got what was coming, like we all do, anyway.   In fact, I think, that might kind of be the topic of the book.
cincy--man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »

I am hardly a banking expert, but generally think of the Fed as a useful and necessary institution. We are only lessees of space in the bldg.,  I do not work for the Fed in any way, shape, or form. They do impose an amazing level of security...its one of the safest places in the midwest.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2007, 02:39:44 PM »

The Road to Ensenada has to be one of Lyle Lovett's best efforts.  Wonderful album!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to: