Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 15, 2018, 05:20:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69
  Print  
Author Topic: Popular Music  (Read 17180 times)
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: October 18, 2007, 04:39:18 AM »

It seems to me that you could have a good "cat fight" between the Spice Girls and the Pussycat Dolls, since it seems the only thing these two "bands" have going for them is their visual appeal.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: October 18, 2007, 11:05:29 AM »

...continuing the cat theme
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: October 18, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »

It seems to me that you could have a good "cat fight" between the Spice Girls and the Pussycat Dolls, since it seems the only thing these two "bands" have going for them is their visual appeal.

.......unless you like catchy pop.
sgrobin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: October 18, 2007, 09:42:29 PM »

Hey Burnzy, how goes it? Long time no talk.

Anyway, have you ever heard the song This Time Tomorrow by the Kinks? I haven't seen the movie, but it's on the soundtrack to The Darjeeling Limited, and KCRW has been playing it. Great, great song. Man, I've gotta get more acclimated with the Kinks canon.

How's life otherwise?
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: October 18, 2007, 10:23:21 PM »

Hey Burnzy, how goes it? Long time no talk.

Hey, man.

Oh yeah, I believe I still have a vinyl copy of Lola 'n Powerman. Great album. I saw the trailer to TDL. I recall hearing at least one other Kinks tune, another of Lola 'n P, I believe. Anderson has used Kinks before. A lot of the early Brit wave made its way onto the soundtrack of Rushmore.

Been hittin' at a local pitch 'n putt on weekends and the occasional driving range during the week. Played a short nine hole a few months ago, but pro'lly won't take it up regularly. Don't wanna cut into the disc golf playing time.

Watching any baseball? Great game going on right now.
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: October 19, 2007, 12:06:21 AM »

As a tribute to the days when the end of the baseball season signified the end of summer (well, kinds sorta in my latitude).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhWBVPeUtM
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: October 19, 2007, 12:33:14 AM »

Ha! Didn't dig out the vinyl, but I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d8y6mQbX-A
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
PS
« Reply #727 on: October 19, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »

es-gee

Just got thru reading One Train Later by Andy Summers. The guy has an interesting story to tell and he is a pretty good writer in an entertaining way. Thought I'd mention it as the theme of Lola versus Powerman... runs thru this enjoyable read.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: October 19, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »

Burnsey?

Dude, how many times have you gone through this " I don't like my persona anymore" thing?
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: October 19, 2007, 11:04:58 AM »

Burnsey?

Dude, how many times have you gone through this " I don't like my persona anymore" thing?

Climb on out of your trojan horse and sit a spell. I'll 'splain it all over a cup of coffee.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: October 19, 2007, 11:34:18 AM »

Climb on out of your trojan horse and sit a spell. I'll 'splain it all over a cup of coffee.

I can't think of you any other way than Chance
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: October 19, 2007, 11:45:23 AM »

I can't think of you any other way than Chance

Oh, that. Sorry. I was burnzred going back to the nytimes days. Little Big Man being my favorite flick, I took the name of one of the characters, namely Burns Red in the Sun. I had no particular reason to pick him as my persona other than he was a character in LBM. sgrobin and I go back to the golf forum at nytimes. I reckon I'll always be burnzy to him.

Truth is, Chauncey, of Being There fame, is pro'lly closer to my true, live, in the flesh 'n blood persona. Shouldn't have shut that account down, but hey, stuff happens.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: October 19, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »

why the heck isn't the golf forum more busy here then?   Smiley
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: October 19, 2007, 12:14:49 PM »

why the heck isn't the golf forum more busy here then?   Smiley

"Must have something to do with where choo-choo go. Mongo only pawn in game of life." Roll Eyes

ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: October 19, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »

Apologies again. Too many phone calls and e-mails coming at me in the last hour. How dare people bother me with bidness on a Friday (smile).

I don't get into golf much other than watching the Majors and an occasional compelling tourney. We had a group over at nytimes that used to like to go off-topic and discuss movies, music, potent potables and such. sgrobin and I are the only two that made it over here. If I'm still around next spring, I'll contribute, but I don't play much ball golf. I just like talking about the tourneys and then just as they are unfolding.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69
  Print  

Jump to: