Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 17, 2018, 09:35:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opera  (Read 641 times)
rmdig

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 11:00:59 AM »

Saturday's Met broadcast of Prokoviev's War and Peace was, IMHO, difficult to listen to.  There are reasons this opera is not often performed and not all of those reasons have to do with the enormous cast.  I found it tedious in the extreme.
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 04:06:46 PM »

I have loved the Opera Channel and Classical channels since I first got them.  Recently they  dropped the Opera Channel and I went berserk.  It was terrible withdrawal symptoms so I signed on to Rhapsody.  They originally dropped Americana channel a year or so ago and kept Opera channel and I went berserk then.  They then brought back the Americana channel and dropped the Opera channel and I freaked.  Now I have them both.

Talk about being a very happy camper.  (Selfish but I need both.)
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »

Peloux, and Lulu:

I think part of the problem with the disappearing channels may be that another means of profitable distribution has appeared. I had not taken any notice of this at first when I would look to see what was playing at the movies, but since the subject has been brought up of the missing Opera performances, my attention redirected itself and this is what I found. As occurred with PBS, operas have been televised and are now shown in multiplex theaters where you must reserve a ticket as you would when attending them as live performance.

http://www.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=679
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: