Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 16, 2018, 12:06:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 299
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 33088 times)
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: June 22, 2007, 10:40:36 AM »

Ahh yes, the spaghetti on the wall method.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: June 22, 2007, 10:46:20 AM »

And I guess I should mention that Fred Funk is playing golf just about 45 minutes away from me.  If the wekend weren't already jam-packed, I'd dress the hubby in my best pink flowered skirt and away we'd go to follow Mr. Funk from hole to hole, confronting him with the shame that is his misogyny.  Okay, so we'd be thrown out by the second tee -- but we've been bounced from better places than River Highlands, so it would be an honorable sacrifice in the name of women everywhere. 
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: June 22, 2007, 11:46:11 AM »

If you haven't been kicked out of 50% of the bars in the city you lived in when you were 25, you haven't really discovered the purpose of tequila.   It would be better if everytime Funk got to the tee box, you said "Knock it out of the park, Shecky...," he would never be able to forget that.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: June 22, 2007, 12:31:30 PM »

It would be better if everytime Funk got to the tee box, you said "Knock it out of the park, Shecky...," he would never be able to forget that.

Whoever does that is officially my hero.  You could also just start singing "The Wheels On The Bus" as he's walking up to the tee box. 
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: June 22, 2007, 12:37:27 PM »

I'd better write this stuff down for next year.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: June 22, 2007, 01:20:28 PM »

I'd better write this stuff down for next year.

It doesn't necessarily have to be "Knock it out of the park, Shecky" or "The Wheels On The Bus" - pick whatever you want.  Just be sure that, if it's just a spoken line, then it needs to give the guy a deep and lasting sense of WTF?, and if it's a song, it needs to be something that will stay in his head all day.

And don't do it while he's addressing the ball or during his backswing or anything.  The whole point of it is that you're not being rude or otherwise doing anything to get thrown out or yelled at.  When the marshal raises the "Hush Y'all" sign, you just hush.  But when the player is walking up to the box (and everyone is saying boring words of encouragement) or after the player hits the ball (and everyone is saying boring things like "Yeah!" or "Nice Shot!"), just be sure to say or sing something that's going to get into the guy's head and rattle around, because it's so weird or whatever.

Do that, and you're my hero.

Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: June 22, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »

Can anyone tell me which movie this character appears in?

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: June 22, 2007, 02:45:17 PM »

"Amistad"
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: June 22, 2007, 02:57:19 PM »

As a matter of fact, this is a picture of Oprah's (orpah's) sex slave from "The Color Purple 2".

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: June 22, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »

No, wasn't he in Mary Poppins ?

Don't dance on a volcano...
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: June 22, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

Saw American Splendor last night.  Never knew comics were such a big thing for (some) adults...   
Thanks to WP.  Would have missed out on this engaging indie otherwise.

I recall seeing this one afternoon with a spare couple of hours when  it first appeared on cable.  I can see how it would be appealing--especially if you were a comic buff, but it wasn't really quite for me...  I think because the charachter reminded me too much of people that I struggle with in my own life...   I guess I would rather escape that unpleasantness than re-live it needlessly
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: June 22, 2007, 03:03:11 PM »

Saw American Splendor last night.  Never knew comics were such a big thing for (some) adults...   
Thanks to WP.  Would have missed out on this engaging indie otherwise.

I recall seeing this one afternoon with a spare couple of hours when  it first appeared on cable.  I can see how it would be appealing--especially if you were a comic buff, but it wasn't really quite for me...  I think because the charachter reminded me too much of people that I struggle with in my own life...   I guess I would rather escape that unpleasantness than re-live it needlessly
Fair enough.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: June 22, 2007, 03:03:45 PM »

There are some thoughts tis best to save.....

shameless Barton...
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: June 22, 2007, 04:30:10 PM »

It looks like the guy from "Orgasmo," with suitable attire, but I don't remember that outfit.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: June 22, 2007, 05:53:28 PM »

The new Stephen King/Cusack one is getting decent reviews, looks like it could be entertaining...yipee.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 299
  Print  

Jump to: