Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 26, 2018, 09:41:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 303
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 41184 times)
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: July 19, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »

And here I was -- despite the TMZ.com -- expecting to see various celebrities going up, up and away in pretty, colorful, maybe stripey balloon.  Or their baskets, anyway.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: July 19, 2007, 01:22:40 PM »

Looks like Kilmer maybe should consider a mission to Mars, where gravity is only 4/10 of Earth's.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: July 19, 2007, 02:23:08 PM »

He looks absolutely regal if you ask me--he knows he's somewhere on the b-list in case the top ten drop the script, he knows that could mean straight to video, but hey, if they wanted an A-lister maybe he would start working out.

I mean "i.e." instead of "e.g.," when talking about "Sundive."  Kilmer would've been great in the role, maybe better than Duchovny.  He already shot Mars the bird, why not go at the solar system's top dog?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: July 19, 2007, 03:15:34 PM »

barton,re:#1170

Yeah, wasn't that gross (as Winslet wisely decides to leave the park); I kind of had the suspicion that it  had not exactly been decided how to deal with the pervert coming to a closure on that part of the script involving pervert/vigilante interaction, but it takes/makes time to explain why Wilson never made it to the park ,and stood Winslet up, when she could have been the heroine in peril like Mary Pickford.

According to character, of course, have you ever noticed that Winslet does not play "anxiety" if she can help it. As usual, her character was much too in control for that kind of weakness when everybody can see she is the quintessential liberated feminist who doesn't mind learning something from an experience or having an experience?

Now if only some of the dual personalities who post in some other unmentioned forums could get the knack "of not having to crash on a skateboard in order to realize they  don't have to regress to  teenage years to find meaning in life."  But, I suppose we could just chalk it up to Wilson's regained exuberance; what wonders, just more than a little sex can do for these dreary personality disorders that needs competitive edge to reassert their--well, I imagine it is like  the balloon photos, n'est ce pas?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: July 19, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »

And here I was -- despite the TMZ.com -- expecting to see various celebrities going up, up and away in pretty, colorful, maybe stripey balloon.  Or their baskets, anyway.

Me,too! That would at least keep the illusion going.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: July 19, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »

jbottle,

That was obviously Dylan's Hasidic phase, when he got married and procreated although that happened a bit earlier than the film I think but does a lot to explain why he didn't want two money-maker films opening at once. Ah, too bad our youth can not last.

Or, as the mommy of the movie star I too rashly talked about once said, when hearing her daughter was the object of a Clapton arrangement made for a date with the youngster in her television prime time who turned Eric's proposition down flat, "Are you nuts, when I was your age, I would have given anything to go out with Eric Clapton!"
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: July 19, 2007, 05:05:45 PM »

I think it may have been one of Dylan's many "too high" or "anxiety-ridden" or "alcoholic" phases.  He looked pretty confused rather than "hasidic."

Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: July 20, 2007, 01:13:20 AM »

I didn't think that Spacey's Beyond the Sea was all bad.  I watched part of it last night on the tele.  Great cast and some fun singing and dancing numbers, if you like that sort of thing.  Not as good as Topsy Turvy, but better than Moulin Rouge.   I had to explain to my daughter who Bobby Darin was.  She loved the music.
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: July 20, 2007, 09:02:46 AM »

Che with Benicio Del Toro!  Same director as with Traffic to be filmed entirely in Spanish, no less.  Julia Ormand will co-star. 
Thinking someone else would have been more suitable there, but who?!

Don't dance on a volcano...
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: July 20, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »

Che with Benicio Del Toro!  Same director as with Traffic to be filmed entirely in Spanish, no less.  Julia Ormand will co-star. 
Thinking someone else would have been more suitable there, but who?!
Well, who is Ormond playing?  Castro?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: July 20, 2007, 09:06:47 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Don't dance on a volcano...
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: July 20, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »

I was just posting some medical info from the UK to a poster who would like to import  help and I decided to skip the third of three small digest articles on what's wrong with this idea because the writer,having been given a big enough picture of a very handsome Che which was clear enough and large enough that you could definitely identify that it was Che, felt confident enough to assume that the Brits wouldn't really like Che anyway so why not disparage him again.

So we get pro and con movies. Is this all Spanish version (from where?) all pro or is it a con?
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: July 20, 2007, 09:36:46 AM »

Con, I hope.  Guevara, despite his poster glorification in the 60s, and fine singing in Evita, was a murderous bastard.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: July 20, 2007, 10:55:48 AM »

Who is Julia Ormond?

Wasn't she the ingenue from like 1994 who never was good in anything and never made a good movie?

You would think that if it's Sodergergh directing that it would be a Penelope Cruz vs. Salma Hayek for the lead, but maybe they are thinking outside the box by going with a onceknown/unknown and are shooting for a flat uncharismatic demeanor and low pay.
Eva

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: July 20, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »

Wasn't she the ingenue from like 1994 who never was good in anything and never made a good movie?

You would think that if it's Sodergergh directing that it would be a Penelope Cruz vs. Salma Hayek for the lead, but maybe they are thinking outside the box by going with a onceknown/unknown and are shooting for a flat uncharismatic demeanor and low pay.

So, they were also considering Winona?

*joke*
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 303
  Print  

Jump to: