Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 16, 2018, 06:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 299
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 33048 times)
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: August 13, 2007, 11:25:57 PM »

jbottle,re:#1506

"... danger of having a European boyfriend"Huh Only an American movie with any girl like Jennifer Anniston would say something like that.  You know, American men are, well, American. Is there any other way to put it ?  I mean, George W. is their scout leader, you know?  He exemplifies what American men could become had they not thought about it and realized that would not be wise.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:23 PM »

harrie,

I did run into a second Harvey Keitel replay of the role as another movie. And I should have made a note....

You asked about your "Killer Cat", yes, theoretically I have one of that red,and charcoal, sometimes black markings, othertimes it is softer gray and even peach instead of red, depending on her current body chemistry, but killer, no.   She was named Kiki , after Kiki of Montparnasse and for some reason she decided she was going to be a virgin.  This worked out well on the farm because who could care if she started singing La Boheme? But, when I moved to an apartment, that had to be snipped in the bud and she was very untroubled about it --having special soft wrappings for coming back from the hospital as if she were a new baby but then she could  lay around in bed and recuperate by just luxuriating in being special.  It's not like I make her do housework or anything.  Don't I wish.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: August 14, 2007, 12:13:04 AM »

"Must be getting confused."

Yeah, I was into the third act of some Cowboy movie going when is Aniston going to get conned by that European guy, once, confusing as multiplexes can be, I was there watching credits with streamers coming out of my eyes and a torn ticket to "Chronicles of Narnia" clutched tightly to my chest...

On a guys weekend I feebly claimed that I had IBS and got lost from hypoglycemia when they found me passed out in the theater for "Boat Trip" after they had seen "Mission Impossible II."

Thank god they were like, hey, no biggie...
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: August 14, 2007, 02:46:33 AM »

I only got the chance to see the beginning of A Foreign Affair on cable,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305583/

but it got off to a promising start.  Sometimes I confuse David Arquette and Luke Wilson since they seem to play such similar roles.  Arquette's Josh reminded me a lot of Luke's Anthony in Bottle Rocket.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: August 14, 2007, 02:48:15 AM »

Aniston certainly has gotten a lot of mileage out of playing the girl next door, but for the life of me I can't see the appeal in her. 
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: August 14, 2007, 04:23:41 AM »

Can't say I was overwhelmed by The Simpsons movie.  I've seen much better episodes.  In fact, this movie could have easily been condensed into a television episode.  The only thing that set it apart from the series were the higher production values, $70 million worth.  Not that the movie didn't have its moments, but in the end the only redeeming trait of Homer was his ability to ride a motorcycle inside the curve of a dome.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: August 14, 2007, 09:16:29 AM »

I noticed the reviewers fell all over themselves to praise the larger color palette and wider screen, which sort of tells you Homer's opening remark (removing the fourth wall) was correct:  "Suckers!"  I enjoyed it, but would have been fine just WFV.

Harrie,

"...two cowboy sheepherder guys...."

Well, which were they, cowboys or sheepherders?

"Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat!"
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: August 14, 2007, 09:37:53 AM »

Harrie,

"...two cowboy sheepherder guys...."

Well, which were they, cowboys or sheepherders?

I dunno, I was watching "Narnia".....I guess technically they were sheepherders, but I think of sheepherders as shepherds, walking around in robes, staff in hand, occasionally playing a recorder.   But these guys are all Levis and horses and stuff, so I think cowboy.  I think I do have BBM recorded, I just have to make the time to watch it -- maybe break a leg or something so I have to sit around.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »

So madupont, are you saying you had your cat's vocal cords cut?  I try to practice the walk a mile in my shoes thing and all that, but I'm a little horrified.  Geez, I wonder if I kept any of my old picket signs?
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: August 14, 2007, 10:43:44 AM »

I might wait for video on this one......GET ready to cringe during Sir Ben Kingsley's new movie, "The Wackness," in which the Oscar-winner, 63, passionately locks lips with tiny Mary-Kate Olsen, 21. Currently shooting in New York, the film directed by Jonathan Levine is about a drug dealer who trades marijuana for therapy sessions with his shrink, played by Kingsley. Insiders say the steamy scene with Olsen - described as a "full on make-out session" - was shot at a Greenpoint watering hole.

(from Page Six)
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: August 14, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »

What, they couldn't get Malcolm McDowell?
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: August 14, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »

LOL!

I missed the chat (French pun intended) about cats and vocal cords, but I seriously hope people aren't cutting out their cat's vocal cords.  When it comes to cats, I admit I'm an eyebrow-shaving, stern-letters-to-director-of-Breakfast-at-Tiffany's-writing, full-bore cat lover.  AFAIC, when you do something surgical to a cat, be it neutering, declawing, or whatever, be totally okay with having the equivalent done to yourself.  Claws in cats, BTW, contain nerve endings, and removal is equivalent to having your finger tips removed.  It is banned in England.  (declawing, that is)

Meow.

"Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat!"
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: August 14, 2007, 11:56:15 AM »

Some funny cats to raise those endorphines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veikc63dCBU

jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: August 14, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »

I think "Brokeback" was about two shepherds with their staffs IN EACH OTHERS HANDS.  This is what my sister's People Magazine, which I picked up instead of "Car and Driver" or "Guns and Ammo," one of which I was reaching for while watching "Braveheart" on cable.
Lhoffman
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: August 14, 2007, 12:21:09 PM »

I'd wonder about the background of a vet who went around snipping the vocal cords of unsuspecting cats.  Perhaps he spent a large portion of WWII in Germany and snuck out through the back door via Argentina?

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 299
  Print  

Jump to: