Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 25, 2018, 03:43:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 304
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 51730 times)
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 10:15:09 AM »

CHAPTER ONE

Things to Consider When Selecting a Screen Name
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 11:58:30 AM »

1)  Putting "bottle" in your screen name when you are apt to go on bent and incoherent rants while under the influence of intoxicating liquor(s) and beer, but epecially beer, is not necessarily a wise decision. 
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 12:07:40 PM »

Is farton bink any relation to JarJar?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »

Wisk, are you receiving the private messages I've been sending you?

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 12:18:10 PM »

Just noticed them.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »

1)  Putting "bottle" in your screen name when you are apt to go on bent and incoherent rants while under the influence of intoxicating liquor(s) and beer, but epecially beer, is not necessarily a wise decision. 

Maybe, but truth in advertising is a beautiful thing.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 05:39:43 PM »

...I've always thought that slurring your posts is an honorable pursuit...

...even if you occasionally have to own something incomprehensible...

...my only solace is that nicknames like "k-fed" and "j-lo" were very in vogue at the time, I suppose it could've been worse, something like "pisschrist69" or anything more openly insulting instead of a general sort of implicit disclaimer, small solace that I may have made someone nose their ginger ale onto their keyboard, which is all I'm really shooting for...

...at least it got me kicked off of 3EYE, despite the kind tolerance of L., form my politically incorrect jokes, and for my being allegedly homophobic by making fun of "Brokeback Mountain" and being "anti-personal trainer" for my extemporaneous and poorly thought out juicing slurs...

jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 08:43:22 PM »

That guy Brownback seems like the most reasonable alternative to people who don't like the idea of a female (or "Clintonian") President.  He's cool as a cucumber and seems very easy with his place in the world and a lot of those guys look like theirs ass is still stinging from the hotseat.  Namely, Giuliani looks like a MAYOR, and the other (pardon) Italian is terrible on his feet.  Romney comes off like a fake, and the frontrunner looks coached.  Wow.  This could be a nice fllip if people didn't spin and only saw, but we know the drill.  McCain stayed on message (yawn), Guiliani looked tough if not eloquent (yawn), but Brownback, pardon me, looked "Presidential," and Romney is totally and utterly done, over, he is a landslide pushover.  I will give you 100/1 odds on him being Pres. up to a $100,000 limit just to take your grand.  Over.

Man I thought the Dem. field was weak, I'm guessing that Tenn. actor anounces this week.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 08:50:01 PM »

...Man I thought the Dem. field was weak, I'm guessing that Tenn. actor anounces this week.

Cloonz?  No, Kentucky.  Hmmm... maybe

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001313/

?
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007, 09:07:38 PM »

I think I meant to say I heart Huckaby vs. "Brownback," but I haven't been focused on the Rep. field, and more on that next can.  No, Cloonz(y) has announced publicly that he's "done too many bong hits" to be considered a political candidate.

I don't think that's true, and probably that other guy from Tenn. has smoked the tree, too.  I mean when is everybody going to admit that everybody smokes pot???

I mean, do you know anyone who didn't smoke pot who you were friends with?  They turn out to be what my sister would call (while reading "Us" mag.) a "bless his heart."  She's funny about the Southern way of talking, like aw, "bless his heart," or "She's a little 'bless her heart'," meaning of course, they know not what they did.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007, 09:27:46 PM »

There are so many guys on stage that I meant both, all the other candidates are ding-dongs in my regard.  Especially Romney has come off as fake, true or not, it's how he appears.

McCain:  This is complicated for me because I used to like him and still do and respect his service but I can't respect that he didn't bite Karl Rove and Bush when they screwed him in my home state of South Carolina in a string of dirty political moves that led to the worst human and political disaster of the twenty-first century, I mean, you have a guy that wins New Hampshire and gets gut-shotted and doesn't come back with "I'm not going to respond to a DUI draft-dodger who makes records disappear and who has used Cocaine..."  Game over in SC, and I feel sorry for McCain who thought, yeah, steady the ship, but the fact that "we" were the fulcrum that turned the nightmare, to mix a metaphor, has always bothered me.  And the fact that he ate it and made up rather than hold a grudge (look back how they dishonorably fucked him in the primary if you happen to think I'm nuts), has always bothered me about his character.

The fact that he is the pro-war candidate now is the same reason he suckered under and pulled out of the race when he did and now he's too fucking old to be where he is and he made too many bad deals...no thanks, as much as I respect his public service, I need somebody to swim nukes who ain't made like that...
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 10:19:27 PM »

Okay, apologies for the off-topic, but fucking stem-cell, we're at war, "all options are on the table" from the Dems, and Iran flirting from the GOP, really, Jesus Christ, what is going on...this is a fool's parade as far as I can tell, and I'm mad as hell (and toxic), but let me say this much...

...the ticket is Edwards/Hilary, and I would like a description of a ticket to beat that, otherwise I feel like I've lost my mind, I feel bad, and depressed about the state of affairs, and would likle encouragement that there is a reasonsble alternative...I'm sorry that I'm off movies but I kind of feel like the Nixon depressants, I mean, whatcould be a "good idea" for "responsible government," and if there are no thoughts I guess I respect that, too, but either I've had too much to drink, or I'm "reasonably concerned," and I'm starting to care not which, and only about ME, and I really, really, hate that idea above all others...

Lost in South Carolina and hoping,

jbottle
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 12:09:29 AM »

Talked to my gal ("sigboth") who told me to not cash in my 401(k) and move to Hollywood based on my assertion that before I turn 36 I should find out what my real value in the marketplace is on a writing team and pitch "Perish the Thought," the mini-series about a plantation during the Civil War ("...of NORTHEN AGRESSION"), you all (y'all) know it's a great idea but fuck it they cancelled "Deadwood," and that had real writers...the main idea is an Anne Frank type and hidden valuables during the first season, and things like slaves defending the people they grew up with, and other matters including an open suicide to end the first episode upon the news that the tobacco fields were all burned, right after offering the invading troops tomato sandwiches...
fartonbink

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 10:56:51 AM »

If I push the "FOREVER" option on the login box, will it really log me in forever?

Jbotnik -- I'm thinking more a Hilary/Obama ticket.  Do the math, you've got the blacks with Hilary, and the women with Obama, and that adds up to a majority of the electorate.

Brownback has the look, but he's deeply conservative and just a bit too far right for where the country is going these days. 

oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 11:08:39 AM »

Okay, apologies for the off-topic, but fucking stem-cell, we're at war...

Say, that reminds me... is "Film Threat" still at war with "Premiere", now that the print edition of "Premiere" has shut down?  If so, does that mean "FT" won?   Or maybe "FT" lost that war a long time ago and "Premiere" shutting down is just after-the-fact?  Or maybe "Premiere" defeated "FT" but the victory was pyrrhic or whatever?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 304
  Print  

Jump to: