Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 24, 2018, 09:09:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 303
  Print  
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 40964 times)
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1830 on: September 10, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »

Dzimas--

Hello!  Blue Velvet and Inland Empire are not "cut from the same cloth" at all.  Empire is a total mishmash by comparison... a patchwork of images, some wonderful, others simply bizarre for the sake of being just that.  Laura Dern is the muse here, she's/that's about the only element that makes much sense.

Must say I agree with Eva's summation 100% Tongue

Don't dance on a volcano...
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1831 on: September 10, 2007, 09:51:08 AM »

Look forward to seeing it just the same, but thanks for the head's up.
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: September 10, 2007, 09:59:48 AM »

Just make sure you don't give up any quality time for the viewing... Wink

Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1833 on: September 10, 2007, 10:21:57 AM »

Already purchased the DVD, so the money has been spent.  I thought Wild at Heart was a disappointment, but it was still fun to watch.  I hope it will be the case with Inland Empire.
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1834 on: September 10, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

There's always e-bay..................

Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1835 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28:11 AM »

Hmmmm... a new Batman meets The Joker?

I liked the last Batman.  It is closer to the graphic novels that have gone back to the genesis of Batman, and I thought Bale did a great job projecting himself into the role, especially after The Machinist.  It will be interesting to see Heath Ledger's take on the Joker after Jack's great turn many moons ago. I thought Burton really missed the boat not getting Jack Palance to play the Dark Knight, as Frank Miller had presented an aged Batman, 70+, in the graphic novel on which Burton supposedly based the first movie.  Keaton was much too stiff in the role, and no match for Jack.
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1836 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »

It will be interesting to see Heath Ledger's take on the Joker after Jack's great turn many moons ago.

Hey, imdb says they're still filming. Too late to substitute Crowe for Ledger?
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1837 on: September 10, 2007, 10:55:37 AM »

Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive are Lynch in fine form, doing surrealism right and drilling holes into the American unconscious while presenting a conscious surface that can be navigated with some kind of narrative.  Lost Highway is interesting, but ultimately didn't engage me that much.  Wild At Heart was ugly and strange and I pretty much let it recede in my rearview mirror without worry.  Eraserhead is an inkblot everyone should try staring at for a while, but if you try to reason with it you'll just feel used and depressed and probably end up hating it.

As uneven as he can be, I remain a David Lynch fan.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: September 10, 2007, 10:59:22 AM »

It will be interesting to see Heath Ledger's take on the Joker after Jack's great turn many moons ago.

But Heath Ledger has a natural Joker mouth, so he's a good fit.  Plus he'll need the work for child support payments.
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1839 on: September 10, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive are Lynch in fine form, doing surrealism right and drilling holes into the American unconscious while presenting a conscious surface that can be navigated with some kind of narrative.  Lost Highway is interesting, but ultimately didn't engage me that much.  Wild At Heart was ugly and strange and I pretty much let it recede in my rearview mirror without worry.  Eraserhead is an inkblot everyone should try staring at for a while, but if you try to reason with it you'll just feel used and depressed and probably end up hating it.

As uneven as he can be, I remain a David Lynch fan.

Ditto. Or two thumbs up. Or, yeah, I agree. But, pro'lly best to say "I couldn't have said it better my own self."
ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1840 on: September 10, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »

But Heath Ledger has a natural Joker mouth, so he's a good fit.  Plus he'll need the work for child support payments.

(smile)
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1841 on: September 10, 2007, 11:16:21 AM »

Saw this on IMDB.....http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BBP01006AA
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: September 10, 2007, 11:16:53 AM »

Somehow I don't see Crowe as the Joker.  Mr. Freeze maybe?
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1843 on: September 10, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »

Ponderosa--

Noticed your (new?) tagline signature...Dead Man fan as well.  And .02 on Bale as Batman -- so yummy -- the rest of the crew simply the frosting on that cake.

ponderosa

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1844 on: September 10, 2007, 11:37:21 AM »

Ponderosa--

Noticed your (new?) tagline signature...Dead Man fan as well.  And .02 on Bale as Batman -- so yummy -- the rest of the crew simply the frosting on that cake.

Gotta admit, saw it for the first time a couple o' weeks ago, but yeah, count me in as a fan. Now I gotta read me some Blake to get a better grasp of what was going on (smile).

I'm a big fan of Christian Bale as well. I don't believe anybody could have pulled off his "American Psycho" role. He nailed it. Nailed "The Machinist" as well. Dude is something else. Ya know, if I were gay...
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 303
  Print  

Jump to: