Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 17, 2018, 10:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 16407 times)
workcreation

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: January 23, 2018, 05:06:31 AM »

It will probably be scientifically successful that should you expose a child to a definite concept a whole lot more time usually in the formative dozens of years, the boy or girl shows a superb inclination to decide it upwards faster. If it's possible you have great plans in neuro-scientific sports for the little child, then whatever you do at this time of few moments surely is important in just how your children sees this approach distinct sport down the road.   estatesports.com
When decorating space, many several themes can be found. Since all of us is several, you should ensure that you're walking the top décor to fit the bill before creating a final diversity. Currently, sports selection structure art is among the most more well-known models for folks to invest in, as which allows they of choice an supplement of art when meets their own personal preferences.   myhomesports.com
When you cannot help but do sports activities in fitness centers or have a very long escape, sports duffle grip bags really are always about the most sought-after type of roomy hand handbags, which similarly, have considerable space great enough to add new all supplements needed and additionally alternatively, still will be able to add type for the travelling and / or sports gear. If it's possible you have little severely considered one of these sports grip bags, then you're well-informed on the subject of them immediately following finishing all of these part.   stylessports.com
Should just about anyone ever engage in different winter sports activities, your figure can really reap partners . massage. If you are a each moment, holiday snowboarder and / or skier in which likes snow boarding just on the subject of fun together with adventures, if that's so your restorative healing knead requirements will alter from a skilled sportsman's expects. Snowfall reaches season today in a variety of locations together with outdoor displaying activity owners - actually children - are accepting restless for you to play their own personal much-loved snow boarding.   specialssports.com
Choosing to look at a recent path which has a new career can a be very big revise. For a lot of us, they simply might not have the endure and go to produce a positive change of their lives, even despite the fact they know it's a wise decision. The the truth is, many activity changes an example becoming whatever sports instructor or trainer can be hugely fun together with rewarding together, and it's not at all too frustrating!   shopssports.com
The aerodynamic appears and performance along with the GranTurismo could very well be enhanced with the help of two finest deflectors ?ncluding a rear spoiler throughout carbon dietary fiber. The recent aerodynamic parts enhance the down-force, allowing the auto to structure accurately using corners equally faster. An equally sportier exterior could very well be accomplished just by merging the fractional co2 fiber aerodynamic betterments with front door handles together with side share housings around the same chemical substance.   professionalssports.com
The higher educatoin institutions of really difficult knocks is a really tough class to survive, especially if you happen to dealing alongside money. I isn't going to mind learning by myself when it's truly something aging have a only problem here to this approach, like not for you to pay the store's rent because it is known I made an adverse sports can imagine. Your gut might telling you all the team would most likely win tonight even so the statistics could possibly be telling a thorough other membership.   holidayssports.com
Recent research have successful that athletes while using basic "mental toughness" would be productive. In these days, it is really acknowledged when sports psychology is essential to provide the psychological and mental toughness athletes need. Sports psychology becomes an integral person in the coaching health care teams. Learn why together with how sporting men consider sports entertainment mindsets just for support.   thesportsyard.com
Trading sports activities team and / or tournament pins is actually a extremely normal a component any rivals or sports activities game. This trade of pins which is used to happen approximately players right from different competitions nations all over but in these days these wasting pins are normally exchanged by way of fans. Number about sports pins remains to be an get older old hobby plus it first started on the early Olympic Video game titles.   thesportsterminal.com
What Any Homebuyer Has to understand Any effort Selecting Real Estate Agent · Exactly why Use eBooks promote Your internet site and Business venture? Home Work opportunities Online – Where to find and Develop One · A way to select the store's snow throwing out apparatus that may be for your expects · The need without any help Home Depending Business Websites · 8 Suggestions to begin the process A awesome...   wizardsrealestate.com
We talked while using different Recommendations at every different school on the subject of hosting whatever Teacher Appreciation Program, where we may "pamper" the store's teachers about waking effort. It was won!!! …a real Home Succeed!!.. as whatever matter on the subject of fact, it was eventually such profitable that we all all talked while using schools again this morning about providing very same program this year...   updatesrealestate.com
Most anti-spam filters must remain trained for you to identify real mail and / or spam netmail so you will want to occasionally notify the purification that something will not be spam in which it by accident placed throughout the Pre-approved has folder. Many different these anti-spam filters work together with the elementary principle about White-colored Lists together with Black Sources. White Sources are reputable email address contact info that...   technologyrealestate.com
Who Else Would like to Make Financial resources With bSkinny Caffeine · Online marketing Tools knowledge - Engines like google and bing · A way to Buy Irvine CA Virginia homes with a Real Estate Agent · Sacramento CA Article design Supplier Offers! How TXT Text Online marketing is Saving the entire world Through Provide Marketing ·   signrealestate.com
Staying motivated on the busy society · Permitting the Remarkable Happen · Real Estate and Drive vs. Inspiration · A way to stay stimulated forever · You'll want to be Creative For use on your Lucrative Cash flow · Triumphant Action · It's good to Act In these days · Subliminal Just how? Motivation together with Five Secrets to Long long term Change ·   servicesrealestate.com
It may well pay to discover the travel company points, so an awesome principle is to own distinct airline that you are traveling using a call in order to be risk-free, there would be nothing more painful than spanning the terminal transfer and studying you can't do xyz. Washboard abs traveling which has a newborn you must leave the necessary time to achieve security. These 10 options for flying which has a baby will help you to manage all the journey together with make all the trip additional pleasant on the subject of both you together with your baby.   babynexus.com
Numerous find they will have a couple of baby carseats, one for use on your baby, possibly one for use on your infant please remember the the booster seat for use on your older boy or girl. Of exercise program if this really is your initially baby then which is different. Then it's good to consider in which else could be transporting any youngster once in awhile. You, all the husband, the grand daddy and nanny maybe family and a great number of considerations must remain taken involved when determing the best quality car seat/s to generate.   babyhideout.com
This helps to it come to be easier for you to plan the store's nursery hint scheme, develop linen, furnishings together with baby items around the right hint early enough in order that when you aquire back along with the child, everything would be ready together with organized for everyone. However, for everybody who is a person in family or possibly friend along with the parents on your baby children, you can select many giving tips and additionally pick engineered so fits any allowance, the age with all the...   babiesventure.com
Putting your youngsters gift brochure holder together for use on your newborn child from the member about family or possibly friend could very well be an enjoyment experience! Gift baskets can hold several things, with a couple of expensive matters, some individualized gifts, a good number fun things for use on your parents as well basket is inundated with affordable figures and game and accessories for use on your baby. All the same, if you're anyone who has ever no advice about the younger children.   babiesportal.com
The most essential aspect throughout parenthood is that you can to provide you with your babies with dazzling designer clothing. It actually is because the alot more designer clothes you should purchase, the more frankly how good that you are at nurturing. When you end up picking designer clothing, you has to select not merely the supplier, but furthermore the kind of, safety, and after it is comfortable for use on your baby for you to wear.   babiesparlor.com
There happen to be a several questions in regards to the new class rankings, particularly type of methodology was employed to assess numerous schools over the country. Although may well be a complete approach relating to the particular efficacy along with the rankings without some help, these measures should more than be switched. One along with the key factors that has to be factored directly into these look positions is normally post-graduation characters, namely just how students are normally doing because of these prestigious colleges as long as they graduate.   sanctuarynews.com
Issues made the store's leap and chose to own your very own business, there is really a lot to take into consideration. Getting litigant directory assembled, deciding a way to advertise your company, and seeking for the most suitable permits can a be very real trouble. What must not be a trouble is creating your business interest office. If there is a constant already own anything you need-and it will be likely that the individual don't-working with bar stools on sale rent your can buy companies might be the ideal formula.   nooknews.com
When the software concerns delivering tips and additionally characters to publish about for the novel, page, or small children story, two with your best assets to glean helpful hints from are normally your a small number of best setting up friends: Your very own Journal together with your Freewriting Notebook computer. Some many people already benefit from those couple of resources on the subject of own setting up, but washboard abs new to make sure you those couple of writing resources and are also wondering just how the big difference is involving the two, here is a basics which usually enter creating your own private writing reckoned generator.   shelterjournal.com
In years throughout the future, you should really check again by means of fondness without any help memories with your child's growth, development, and progressing discovery along with the world - you may see so a couple of special situations ahead! Still, there exists a sexy plus a great deal more immediate issue to take into consideration - a component your responsibility learning to be a parent is always to track infant's development, be sure that baby would be developing clearly, and give you any concerns for those attention with your family's doctor.   junctionjournal.com
Call other people esoteric, but one single periodical I love read stands out as the Yale Capital Journal. Exactly why you topic? Well, not because I do think everything throughout, rather My spouse and i realize the store's incredible effectiveness that higher educatoin institutions has in the present period, many students when go right now there, are after doing that elevated for you to high business office or Selection structure Lane insider work opportunities. Not in the past when a piece of text inside all the Yale Capital Journal articulated that: "The Gentle Economy Will never Slow Doing Consumerism. inches   cornerjournal.com
A large area of the human number identifies without some help through well-known civilization since depicted in the television; their choices are colored from ideas the various shows latest. And we can not be judgmental together with trash individuals because we've been the choices who savour watching this sort of shows setting up them big hits while using public together with helping producers generate profits and reel in more gives you like this sort of.   societydiary.com
The alternative tag remains to be banded around learning to be a marketing gimmick around the motor industry for many years however it appears that now utilization of major companies that could be really purchasing the engineering. I doubt should it be time for use on your oil executives to begin sweating however you may see is a good eco news all this article provides synopsis for the newest ecologically helpful developments preparing to the genset trade.   thenewsyard.com
Analysis the forex shipping panorama will reveal the root emphasis is related to Greece throughout Europe. The cash minister to country Evangelos Venizelos engineered a teleconference alongside representatives along with the national connoisseurs. This would be scheduled in front of you on Monday which has necessitated the speculators are normally waiting to know what positive results will turned into.   thenewsvillage.com
Recently, the industry of applications discovered what will be a new resolution to reverse MILLISECONDS for practically all of the patients. Right now, there are numerous research institutions, looking on the subject of new possible ways to treat different sclerosis. The most current cure is actually only not too long ago discovered, and it's truly clear exactly why - until recently, scientists were choosing a new oven drug, in which boosts lack of feeling desires, or acts as a substitute for the store's axon selection structure, in which receives deleted.   thenewsavenue.com
Every month you can find plenty on the subject of news around the online bingo world that lots of players miss considering that it isn't that not a problem finding online and soon you know just how you want. This month there are a variety things to reveal to you including a large amount of new ways to play bingo from the internet and recent sites to begin playing approximately.   pronewszone.com
Whether that you are selling a fabulous residence, the discover is very first thing that most people examine. Lacking control enchantment, it is really impossible to look at a apartment because buyers will be turned off by unkempt measures. Many household owners associations will want keep upwards your landscaping or you'll certainly be fined. The unattractiveness on your yard is allowed to bring straight off property advantages, a superior your neighbors will never appreciate. Gratefully, there are normally many actions you’re able to take to rise the look with your front landscaping.   homeimprovementyard.com
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: January 23, 2018, 11:36:49 AM »

Reads like a cut and paste E-harmony profile.

The Good Place...

So they put a stake in its heart at the end of the first season.

Then they came up with an existential second season. Fun, but not nearly as fun as the first season. Which is ok, I guess, given that the 1st has a sucking chest wound. And now it feels like the process is going to be waiting to find out if our "reality" is in fact a good place or a bad place or it is what we make it for ourselves.

Season 2 was Michael Dominated. It's not yet over, and I don't know which twist is coming in the February Sweeps (?). I do predict that next season will give Ted Danson time to do other projects as well.

I feel as though the show was "dumbed down" but that might have to do with the idea that I'm not quite up to the writers' smartz anyway. Also, I can't help but dread the end, it always feels like, "There is no way this show is going to be renewed." Which is interesting, because isn't that what life is like anyway? All of us simultaneously believe that we're going to live forever and are going to die by lunchtime. Likewise the conversation about life and death, we hold these truths to be self evident that "Nobody Knows" and that "I Know" what happens "next."
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: January 23, 2018, 01:33:09 PM »

Was commenting to the wife the other night after we watched yet another "Dateline". Or maybe it was "48 Hours", they kind of look the same.

But I was wondering how many nights we've "entertained" ourselves with the story of someone's murder?

It's hard to figure that one out.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: January 23, 2018, 07:41:03 PM »

Until someone parks to the left of your car in a lot, so skintight close that you have to get in through your passenger side and climb across to the drivers seat. 

I have a little list, somewhat inspired by that song in The Mikado.

Quite a few items relate to human behavior where motor vehicles are involved.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:04 PM »

Was commenting to the wife the other night after we watched yet another "Dateline". Or maybe it was "48 Hours", they kind of look the same.

But I was wondering how many nights we've "entertained" ourselves with the story of someone's murder?

It's hard to figure that one out.

It is hard to figure it out when you include all the other shows that involve someone shooting the bad guy.

My wife and I laugh at but appreciate Lethal Weapon (ironically, as I now see it) in that we identified early that everybody gets shot in the shoulder. So at least the mayhem count is down.

As to the dateline stuff, OY! I'd come home and the wife would be asking me questions about where I'd been, with whom and why etc etc etc... It was because she'd spent her time watching "Woman is peril" programming of Dateline et cetera, where the husband is always the butler in the end! He done it!

Please,  I would plead, those shows are bad for your soul. They implant a negativity and then nurture it.

Good for you that you're recognizing it. The scales are falling from your eyes.

The wife moved on to 50 Shades, and now she has unrealistic expectations of what amount of romance I can provide! Now she's big on historical novelizations, what's that one, sounds like the immoral Scott, Highlander? About the married woman who falls into a time vortex and find her REAL true love in the Xteenth century Scotland.

I can't compete. (I won't.)
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: January 28, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »

Watch "The Affair", ITZy-Bitz.

Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: January 28, 2018, 02:13:41 PM »

Y?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: January 28, 2018, 10:52:04 PM »

Y?

BCuz...your wife will love it.

Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: January 29, 2018, 10:17:29 AM »

Y?

(BTW, we took your advice on Ozark, and while it was OK it was not something I care if they (n)ever tape another episode.)

Also. I sort of hate TeeVee. I hate the fact that she loves it. I hate the fact that she is constantly searching out new serials to watch (over and over). I watch for news and entertainment. I try to not watch shows that involve guns (albeit I do watch and enjoy Blacklist) (But if Tom shows up again, that's IT! I know he will, and I know it will be a plot device for a season or so. I hate The Blacklist, too!)

Recently I'm watching too much of Impractical Jokers. If you're not aware of it, this show is a "Hidden Camera Show" of four male friends from Staten Island, NYC. They have a "friendly" competition where they try to push each other into a situation where the other won't go. If they can order you to do something you just won't do, you get a point (sort of like playing HORSE) end of the show, the one with the most points has to do what they call a punishment round, where the circumstance is particularly rude. For example the loser has to go to a Bingo Hall and falsely yell Bingo! pissing off the other players until security comes and drags him out.

OK, it's set up, and not all the stooges aren't plants. Not to mention that these guys have had a show for a couple of years and so people are on to the scam. In order to keep it commando they'll somewhat need to go to Chicago or Detroit or Houston (They won't stick out there) or Atlanta. A city somewhat used to there being lights and cameras on the sidewalks.

And the results are edited and packaged such that the loser is determined in the editing room.

There is plenty of fudge factor here. But the situations do lead to some hilarity sometimes.

I was never a fan of shows like Prank'd et al. The dynamic of it being the same four guys (Plus, apparently, the occasional Joey Patone) beating on each other as only friends can and each acutely aware that the Punishment is not something you'd take lightly, make the show enjoyable.

Also, they play the race card both too often and honestly. Mostly because they know that, for the most part, there is a point that human decency takes over and it would be better to take the point than to say those things to a fellow human being.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: January 29, 2018, 12:10:26 PM »

Also. I sort of hate TeeVee.

A healthy emotion.  I tend to avoid appointment television - i.e. almost any series that does not have standalone episodes.  The series I do watch, I tend to wait and get a season dvd and then treat it as a visual novel that I "read" in a few nights.  E.g. The Americans.  It's an example of a worthy viewing experience:  each season stays with me, and I value that I carry that story with me in my life.  Ditto the UK series "Humans."  Anyway, basic philosophy:  Take the best, leave the rest.  Best way to resist the cornucopia of crap is cut cable service.  We just have one of those cheap non-amplified antenna panels that sits on the table next to the tv, gets PBS (Frontline, occasional history or science docum.) and the other local broadcast channels.  The cable outside connects only to the wifi router, nothing else. 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: January 30, 2018, 04:04:23 PM »

Super Bowl ads revealed. Some, not all: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/01/super_bowl_2018_leaked_ads_commercials.html#incart_river_home

Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: January 31, 2018, 10:50:48 AM »

Another show I do enjoy (on the DVR, I won't watch w/o FF) is Maine Cabin Masters on DIY.

I used to love watching This Old House in the days of Bob Vila and Fat Norm Abrams (that guy lost weight and jolly simultaneously). And I used to take on projects WAY over my pay grade in my house (s). Inspired in part by Bob Vila. If he could run a show like this and yet couldn't hammer a nail then certainly a guy who can rip a straight line across the toilet paper can install a bathroom in the basement! (Think about that one for a minute.)

And I am at least three four years into a six week project on my own camp in Maine. So watching these guys do these projects in no time is fun for me.

They don't explain how they're doing. They just do it. Kind of annoying, but it would be repetitive if they explained how to cut a bird's tooth each time the put up a new roofline.

The other thing that kills me is how much money they don't spend. Seems to me I'm buying $1,000 worth of building materials every year. I got estimates to fix just the front deck (11'X13') where they said $10,000 to get started. These guys are gutting and rebuilding camps (they call them camps in Maine. Just one of the reasons I can't stand listening to Mainers  Wink to me, camping is in a tent. Which is part of why I look at the cottage as a wooden tent.) with a $20,000 budget. I saw them putting vinyl cedar shake one a camp that was at least as big as mine and rebuild the inside, new windows and roof and rot abatement for $35,000. Guy wanted $20,000 to put up the vinyl on my place (I'm doing it myself, and I found inexpensive vinyl that I'm really happy with, but it will still cost me, alone, $9,000 for the material (by the time I'm finished with all the edging and soffits and what not.)

So I'm not believing the prices these guys (it's a crew of between 5 and 8 plus subcontractors) are showing.

The core is a brother sister and the sister's husband. There is more than a little misogyny going on there in the way everybody treats the sister. She's OK with it. But that seems to be more a reflection of the "traditionalism" of Mainers than anything else.

One of the reasons that Bob Vila is no longer at TOH is that, more than once, when they left the house, it needed massive repairs that TOH was not going to be involved with in any way shape or form. A story that made its way to the NYT way back when. I don't know how well these camps hold up after the Cabin Masters leave. They look good, but anyone who has held a brochure up in the hotel room and said "Oh, yeah, if you're standing up on the dresser, you can see the ocean from here." knows that you can't believe what the camera shows you.

It's fun tho'.
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: January 31, 2018, 08:39:43 PM »

We need to showcase the GOOD in Mexico, and in Mexicans. The good people in Mexico far outnumber the bad.

Salute,

Tony V. 
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: February 01, 2018, 11:06:26 AM »

I'll get right on that!
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: February 04, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »

I have an idea for a television show. Chefs from around the world could go to Italy and cook for Andrea Bocelli. Each chef could prepare their favorite dish of the moment, or seven course meal, etc, for Andrea Bocelli. In return Andrea Bocelli sings for his meal. The name of the show could be "Andrea Bocelli sings for his supper."

Salute,

Tony V. 
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92
  Print  

Jump to: