Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 23, 2018, 09:07:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 94
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 19019 times)
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2007, 06:18:29 PM »

"nerve"  <----touched
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2007, 06:51:03 PM »

Ok... so the so-called hitman in the members only jacket who walks into the restroom in the final scene is purportedly working for Tony Soprano as a bodyguard?

Hmmm.... interesting theory. This would be the first time that Tony felt the need to have one in public, no? Who is Tony afraid of all of a sudden?  Retribution from NY was not forthcoming for Phil's execution. 

The “Members Only” guy was played by the owner of a real-life pizza parlor, Paolo Colandrea.

1. Yes. because 3. If you are aware of the name of the person who never planned to be an actor but played the role, then why ask?  "zillions" of people, by which I mean that I don't recall whether they were in the hundreds or beyond that, lined up for a chance of being hired from the beginning of the "concept" on this show. Reminds me, someone was confusing Aida Turturro with her role as Janice in a subtle ragging but the way that I see it having watched her crazy-in-a special-way brother, John, extend his development role after role, that seems to be a potentially heavy acting family.

As to the meat in this sandwich between 1.and 3.  No theory. Once you know why a particular type of actor was requested to be cast for the role, it is no longer theoretical. He does his test, he is hired, the footage is shot, they keep it and it is aired. Finito. He plays the role of A.J.'s body-guard (so that raises other possibilities doesn't it? or does it?).

Perhaps, to be considered, why Tony never needed someone, was that we really don't know, whether, before the charge for which he was brought in, did he actually "carry".   "...all of a sudden", more than anything has to do with a diminution in the size of his crew; you could say, he cut back. When not alone, he was accompanied by crew or with crew; whereas, at home, you already got  some insight, from "Bear One", what kind of arsenal that he maintains.  Granted, some people are not used to that; but,then, some people are.  Some people get offended. I don't.

Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2007, 06:58:53 PM »

Well just cuz the guy didn't plan to be an actor doesn't mean he's a bodyguard for Tony Soprano.  He could still be a hitman out to kill Tony, couldn't he? 

I'm not sure what connections lead you to believe that he is a bodyguard... however, I could askmyself the same question why I think he could have been a hitman.  In the end, he was probably nobody.  "But the fact he was cast in the first place..."  is the point i'm not getting.

I also don't understand your point about there being bodyguards all over NJ from concert you went to once. Forgive me for not understanding, but i'm not trying to be obtuse. I just don't get the picture you're painting. 

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »

Mr. Utley!

"Dude, you're doing a great job of perpetuating the myths of Jersey. Keep it up. ONly thing missing from your overgeneralizations is "What exit?"

Seriuously, I hate when people actually know what a great place it is to live, because then they might want to come here."

First of all, I'm not a Dude. There are no myths about New Jersey. I never felt it was a great place to live and why would anyone want to come there to live unless they were hired to work there and find themselves living there because of their profession or vocation as the case may be. In which case, they move on.

Bagels are probably not that unknown in Colorado or am I thinking of Utah?
But frankly, I know a lot of places in this great nation of ours where you can't get a decent pizza. So the first time that I came back from New Jersey, I immediately made my brothers pizza but that was a long time ago. To this day, I look back on being able to walk up to the corner bakery in my home-town on a summer morning and buy a Sicilian breakfast of a thick pizza about ten inches in diameter that had been baked with just enough sauce and a sprinkle of cheese, for 50 cents. You grab a pepsi and you are all set.

Why would you worry about people coming from "out there"?  Isn't it more likely they would come from Nevada?  Considering the direction.

So what's new?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »

Well just cuz the guy didn't plan to be an actor doesn't mean he's a bodyguard for Tony Soprano.  He could still be a hitman out to kill Tony, couldn't he? 

I'm not sure what connections lead you to believe that he is a bodyguard... however, I could askmyself the same question why I think he could have been a hitman.  In the end, he was probably nobody.  "But the fact he was cast in the first place..."  is the point i'm not getting.

I also don't understand your point about there being bodyguards all over NJ from concert you went to once. Forgive me for not understanding, but i'm not trying to be obtuse. I just don't get the picture you're painting. 

Nor I your's.  But, I'm leaving to see a movie. Have fun.
Detective_Winslow

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2007, 07:27:07 PM »

Any South Park fans in the house?

I hope that I haven't offended anyone.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »

yeah...let's change the subject and diffuse the tension...
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2007, 08:22:38 PM »

"defuse"
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »

de plane
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2007, 10:22:02 PM »

My favorite TV shows ever are:

1. Get A Life
2. MXC
3. The Sopranos
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2007, 12:40:09 AM »

1)  Charlie's Angels

2)  The Dukes of Hazzard

3)  Incredible Journey

4)  Far Out Space Nuts

5)  Ark 2000

6)  Quark

7)  Cheers

Cool  Three's Company

9)  Barnaby Jones

10) S.W.A.T.

11)  Alf

12)  Magnum, P.I.

13)  Riptide

14)  Freaks and Geeks

15)  Good Times

jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2007, 12:48:29 AM »

I don't understand why a smile came up with 3C, I didn't intentionally do that all on my own.

This guy, from "Fantastic Journey," cancelled abruptly, 1977, was Brian DePalma's roomate for a while at Columbia University, which is fucked up.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2007, 12:49:03 AM »

Oh, right:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0552474/bio
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »

Mr. Utley!

"Dude, you're doing a great job of perpetuating the myths of Jersey. Keep it up. ONly thing missing from your overgeneralizations is "What exit?"

Seriuously, I hate when people actually know what a great place it is to live, because then they might want to come here."

First of all, I'm not a Dude. There are no myths about New Jersey. I never felt it was a great place to live and why would anyone want to come there to live unless they were hired to work there and find themselves living there because of their profession or vocation as the case may be. In which case, they move on.

Bagels are probably not that unknown in Colorado or am I thinking of Utah?
But frankly, I know a lot of places in this great nation of ours where you can't get a decent pizza. So the first time that I came back from New Jersey, I immediately made my brothers pizza but that was a long time ago. To this day, I look back on being able to walk up to the corner bakery in my home-town on a summer morning and buy a Sicilian breakfast of a thick pizza about ten inches in diameter that had been baked with just enough sauce and a sprinkle of cheese, for 50 cents. You grab a pepsi and you are all set.

Why would you worry about people coming from "out there"?  Isn't it more likely they would come from Nevada?  Considering the direction.

So what's new?

Apparently, you don't do sarcasm, do you, Dudette?Huh

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »

Nope.

The mob justice of psychoanalysts

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=7308
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 94
  Print  

Jump to: