Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 17, 2018, 03:53:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 95
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 27573 times)
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2007, 11:27:24 AM »

I stopped watching television altogether when there was nothing on last Sunday night, haven't seen a thing since.

I may pay the box for a few movies that didn't seem to appear locally according to stringent community mores which prefer that all theatres in a radius of twenty miles show exactly the same mediocre selections.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2007, 01:34:20 PM »

Next Sunday, watch "John from Cinncinnati" if you like to catalogue the decline of Western Civilization.
lulu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »

madupont

Yes, I read a few, including Death at La Fenice, being an opera lover.  I think that was made into a movie.  The funny part of these movies is they are filmed in Venice by a gGerman company with a completely German acting crew speaking German and after awhile you don't even notice because they look Italian and act Italian.  Italians couldn't do it better if they tried.  Her books are extremely popular in German, that's why.
law120b

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »

http://www.tvalterego.com

get this book now!!!

the mysterious authors behind the nom de plume are members of the law120b family of stellar achievers.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2007, 09:50:55 AM »

http://www.tvalterego.com

get this book now!!!

the mysterious authors behind the nom de plume are members of the law120b family of stellar achievers.

Funny, law, but while I feel a bit Shaggy I don't seem like one, and while I might want to feel Meridith Grey, I don't seem like her either.

Good book promo, though.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
bartolomeo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2007, 01:01:32 PM »

Harrie, I believe that would be M.C. Gainey, aka Tom Friendly, aka the angry truck driver (Cammi's husband) running after Paul Giamatti naked in "Sideways."  AKA the demented henchman of J.T. Walsh in Breakdown or whatever that was called with Kurt Russell and Kathleen Quinlan AKA a zillion other shady characters.   I can't remember his role's name in Brisco County, but I did like that show.  Bruce Campbell and John Astin -- how can you go wrong? 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2007, 01:07:12 PM »

I just caught John from Cincinatti on Demand.  There aren't enough bright spots to overwhelm the unintentionally funny dialogue.  And its very contrived.  Will keep watching to see how it goes...

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
bartolomeo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »

"Big Smith" was Gainey's name in Brisco Cty.  BTW, happy birthday to Michael Connor Gainey, who just had one on the 15th.

"Swamp Thing" was his pilot in Con Air.

"Earl" was his menacing yokel in Breakdown.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2007, 04:42:33 PM »

Yippee barton, you win!!  MC Gainey is great, IMHO of course. 

I took the quizzes, and I'm Velma and George O'Malley.  I don't know if being George O'M is good or not, since I don't do Gray's Anatomy. Hope he's not a serial killer or something.  Oh -- and I'm picking up the book for sure; I love that stuff.
law120b

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »

on behalf of 'noah lusky,' thanks, harrie.  i will be amazonning one for mrs. law tonite, who tried the online questions last night under the tutelage of 'noah' themselves.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »

Yippee barton, you win!!  MC Gainey is great, IMHO of course. 

I took the quizzes, and I'm Velma and George O'Malley.  I don't know if being George O'M is good or not, since I don't do Gray's Anatomy. Hope he's not a serial killer or something.  Oh -- and I'm picking up the book for sure; I love that stuff.

George O'Malley is the guy whom Isaiah Washington supposedly outed;who then went on the Ellen DeGeneris Show, to prove it. Latest word, I.W. was let go. Another version is that Washington is doing a movie.  (?)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2007, 09:16:47 PM »

CANNED

Character sucked anyway
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »

And the character who was following him, what was his name? Wet Blanket?
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2007, 04:05:36 PM »

They fire that guy for saying "faggot," which the guy admits to being, but when Rosie O'Donnell says "ching chong, ching chong" you get nothing, which she gets away with on account of being lesbo.  Then you get the whole Imus "nappy ho" thing which, if not that funny, was a harmless comment on the common vernacular that black people, particulary those in the "hip hop community" frequently use.  And yet, Fred Funk does a pink-skirted dance of misogny when outdriven by A. Sorenstam, demeaning the accomplishments of female atheletes everywhere, and he is supposedly a "good sport."  Why wasn't Imus being a good sport???  Why isn't Isiah Washington making a bad joke?  "The Big Show" or whatever out of Charlotte, NC, is always doing patently racist material in blackvoice, but [crickets].  I was once accused of making a demeaning roid rage slur and was labeled as "anti-personal trainer," I mean, why can't we all just bang a gong, get it on, and all just get along???
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »

"The Big Show" or whatever out of Charlotte, NC, is always doing patently racist material in blackvoice, but [crickets]. 

That's the one with John Boy and Billy, isn't it?  When I worked at the radio stations, one of them carried the feed.  JB&Bwere just awful, not even funny in any kind of "I shouldn't be/don't want to laugh at them, but I can't help it" way -- just not funny at all.  I liked to think the [crickets] was because nobody was listening; but since I was in SC close to 10 years ago and they're still around, I guess that's not the case.

Signed,
Captain Janeway with a little bit of Spock
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 95
  Print  

Jump to: