Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 27, 2018, 12:56:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 94
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 19793 times)
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: September 05, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

Now, my only question oilcanboyd. Is this the same episode where Larry has the inappropriate thoughts about the lady in  the pink wrap around dressing gown with the feathered neckline whom he imagines sexually confronts him in the bathroom while he is perusing the literature in the john --again I think this is at a friend's house but whatever.

I can't remember.  Everything you describe sounds familiar, but I can't remember if that was all one episode. 

I just remember the "titmouse" thing and being reminded of "Get A Life".
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: September 05, 2007, 08:19:13 PM »

Incidentally, kam,re:#511  You are the only other person that I've run into around here who was disappointed with the sell-out of The Sopranos cut and run, while David Chase was doing it, and as far as I can tell nobody else has discerned that possibly so was Tony en famille.

No. I liked the Sopranos finale.  You or I could have written a definitive ending with Tony dead or in Prison or Witness Protection.  That would've been nice and tidy but boring.  I like how things were left open.

I didn't like the FOTC finale.  There were no songs!  Except the crap one by the Crazy Dogggz.  In all the other episodes they at least did two songs.  And in this one we got one (unless we're counting the rocky-esque instrumental to the credits).

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: September 05, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »

I didn't like the FOTC finale.  There were no songs!  Except the crap one by the Crazy Dogggz.  In all the other episodes they at least did two songs.  And in this one we got one (unless we're counting the rocky-esque instrumental to the credits).

The song was Bret's anger-dance, a la Kevin Bacon in "Footloose". 
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: September 05, 2007, 08:56:25 PM »

I find myself saying "yeah" in New Zealandesque a lot these days.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: September 05, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »

"-ese," not "esque," i guesqe.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: September 05, 2007, 09:03:08 PM »

Oy sow Brit feel huwr brist.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: September 05, 2007, 09:03:42 PM »

I find myself saying "yeah" in New Zealandesque a lot these days.

Transitioning from the Borat "Yes" to the Jemaine "Yes" is not that hard. And quite fun.  Try it!

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: September 05, 2007, 11:31:09 PM »

Hell, maybe the concept of "John From Cincinnati" was that emanations from a dead planet were recieved by aliens, and they tried their hand at an HBO drama because one of the aliens liked to surf and could breathe through the toxins:  That would've been the only way to save Season Two, have it go so postmodern than the Aliens realise that their new pilot for what would have been HBO in an Ancient Civilizations on Earth:  California 101 course in COLLEGE, would have been a bomb the more they learn about surfing culture and the way people behave.  In a visual joke, the bust of USC's current football coach is sold for meth, which some of the aliens have discovered they like, from the Hawaiins, far enough out from the blast and still rolling, bring on the Boeings that have survived on the remaining jet fuel.  Where is the dramatic arc you say?  We got okayed for season two and I'm DAVID FUCKING MILCH!!!

I mean, I like the cojones, but a man of his age should stay away from the crank.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: September 06, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »

With Milch, I'm not so sure it's the crank or that he's in a position where everyone "yes"-es him.  Even geniuses occasionally come up with ideas that should just be put out of their misery; but when you have Milch's track record, nobody's brave enough to whisper "gas this one" in his ear.  Just my opinion. 

Important TV news......Julie Newmar says her Catwoman outfit is going into the Smithsonian next year.
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: September 06, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »

FOTC Season 2... Mark it?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33704
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: September 06, 2007, 01:58:01 PM »

Hell, maybe the concept of "John From Cincinnati" was that emanations from a dead planet were recieved by aliens, and they tried their hand at an HBO drama because one of the aliens liked to surf and could breathe through the toxins:  That would've been the only way to save Season Two, have it go so postmodern than the Aliens realise that their new pilot for what would have been HBO in an Ancient Civilizations on Earth:  California 101 course in COLLEGE, would have been a bomb the more they learn about surfing culture and the way people behave.  In a visual joke, the bust of USC's current football coach is sold for meth, which some of the aliens have discovered they like, from the Hawaiins, far enough out from the blast and still rolling, bring on the Boeings that have survived on the remaining jet fuel.  Where is the dramatic arc you say?  We got okayed for season two and I'm DAVID FUCKING MILCH!!!

I mean, I like the cojones, but a man of his age should stay away from the crank.

It wil be interesting to see if another network picks up JOHN.  Spike, perhaps?
oilcanboyd23
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: September 06, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »

It wil be interesting to see if another network picks up JOHN.  Spike, perhaps?

They're only interested in CSI and UFC.  I long for the days when they would run MXC all the time, but nowadays it seems like they only run it at like 2 in the morning.
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: September 06, 2007, 04:31:48 PM »

The only thing that can possibly pick up "John From Cincinnati" is a hat made of tinfoil.  Trust me on this one.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: September 07, 2007, 11:58:23 AM »

I hate seeing Deadwood characters in other roles. 

I sort of feel this way about "Band of Brothers"

For any WWII movie buffs this is must watch TV ...still runs occassionally on cable.  but best to purchase the full set on DVD and devote a solid weekend to it.  You will be riveted.

For the curious, if you liked "Saving Private Ryan" you will most likely love this series.  If SPR was too much for you, then you might want to pass...
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: September 07, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »

Watched a bit of the filming/taping of the new series  "The Journeyman" acouple of weekends ago while staying at the downtown Biltmore after a friends wedding --which was held on the heliport of the US Bank building.  Their first "wedding" held on the heliport of L.A.'s tallest building.

Anyway, Journeyman looks interesting enough for me to check out a few episodes when it debuts on NBC.  This episode was taking place in 1970s San Francisco.  When you see them at the hot dog cart...think of me, standing about 15 yards from the actors...

One thing I noticed (I guess this happens when you get old) is that costume group lumps all of the 70s in the same period.  Very different dress from early 70s to late 70s   also they had people wearing shoes from the 60s.   A minor point in the scheme of things I suppose...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 94
  Print  

Jump to: