Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 16, 2018, 06:09:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 95
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 27556 times)
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: January 22, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »

madupont, is this what you're looking for? 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0217529/
(#6 on the list of credits)
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: January 22, 2008, 09:57:53 AM »

Yes,and thank you for reminding me but how does one get a copy of a series episode which is as long ago as 1998?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: January 22, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »

I guess, I found that out, it will just take awhile to scroll through the HBO site and line up what they have according to what is on the Dellums' credits.
harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »

madupont, are you looking for The Wire or Homicide:LOTS?  TV.com takes some wrangling, but they're pretty helpful in both cases. 

Here's a listing of The Wire episodes
http://tinyurl.com/374pjp

Here's a listing of Homicide episodes
http://tinyurl.com/3exrx7

Plus.....
On Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, THE WIRE will begin airing on BET with its series premiere. The basic cable, multi-season run of THE WIRE on BET will consist of all 50 produced episodes, with each episode airing in a 90-minute block. The first three episodes will be shown in a three-day marathon beginning Wednesday, January 10 through Friday, January 12 from 9- 10:30 p.m. ET/PT each night. Beginning January 18, THE WIRE can be seen every Thursday night at 9 p.m ET /PT with an encore run on Saturday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The Peabody Award-winning series tells the story of a single drugs-and- murder police investigation from the point of view of both the police and their targets.

I don't know if this simplifies your quest or complicates it, but there it is.  I'm psyched, but pissed I missed the startup mini-marathon.
bartolomeo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:58 AM »

Prison Break seems to be upping the ante in terms of blood and general violence, this season.  Credibility is starting to stretch in an Indiana Jones fashion, where men take severe beatings and receive blows that would surely cause concussions and other trauma that would require days of bed rest, yet manage to shake off with a few dabs of a moist rag and a shrug of the shoulders. 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »

Prison Break seems to be upping the ante in terms of blood and general violence, this season.  Credibility is starting to stretch in an Indiana Jones fashion, where men take severe beatings and receive blows that would surely cause concussions and other trauma that would require days of bed rest, yet manage to shake off with a few dabs of a moist rag and a shrug of the shoulders. 

Sucre's poor little Mari Cruz, always being used! 
Bellick drops a chicken's foot, even gained respect to boot.
Scofield finds a killer's touch, why does he mourn for Sammy much?
LeChero regains his leadership rung, I can't recall if Colvin ever fired a gun.
And do we see a chance at love, Lincoln plants a little bud.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
bartolomeo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: January 22, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »

Wow!  charming little PB poem, Kam!  Yeah, I noticed that Linc had raised a little eiffel tower there for Whistler's gf....many possible subplots have been set up, indeed so many that the last couple episodes have been a bit dizzying.  And Whistler is turning into such a mysterious figure that it's almost as if he stumbled in from the "Lost" set -- does he have a "family" somewhere, including a wife?  in Phoenix?  is his name Miller?  Just what sort of secrets lie in that little birding book?  (you may remember, btw, that a website last year, at which messages were left, was called europeangoldfinch.com...a cute little coincidence...)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: January 22, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

Now, if only oilcanboyd23 or jbottle happen to have seen him on The Wire, I might find him in an episode listing for Erik Dellums, but obviously The Wire enjoys having a cast of dozens of faces and types to flavor Baltimore. I really thought I must be dealing with a completely unknown actor that they hired on from God knows where you find a person like this? Although reviewers have said, Dellums was the only person who was able to come up to the intensity level of Andre Breugher, when doing episodes of Homicide: Life on the Street.                         

Dellums went from Drug kingpin in Homicide to Baltimore City Medical Examiner in The Wire

You can hear a 2 minute clip of Erik as drug dealer being interviewed by two homicide detectives, 23 minutes into this Clark Johnson  NPR interview

The actor who plays OMAR has an NPR interview of his own.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: January 22, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »

Wow!  charming little PB poem, Kam!  Yeah, I noticed that Linc had raised a little eiffel tower there for Whistler's gf....many possible subplots have been set up, indeed so many that the last couple episodes have been a bit dizzying.  And Whistler is turning into such a mysterious figure that it's almost as if he stumbled in from the "Lost" set -- does he have a "family" somewhere, including a wife?  in Phoenix?  is his name Miller?  Just what sort of secrets lie in that little birding book?  (you may remember, btw, that a website last year, at which messages were left, was called europeangoldfinch.com...a cute little coincidence...)

"wait, what am I? A toothless crack ho?"

-Dave Attell
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: January 24, 2008, 12:11:25 AM »

harrie: Welcome aboard watching The Wire!  Dunno if the channel has commercials, if so, sorry if those lessen the impact--actually it may provide something of a breather in intense parts.   

Though she didn't get into The Wire (just as well, it might be too heavy for 14) my daughter is now a full-fledged fan of Flight of the Conchords and mom's only slightly less so, both of us are enjoying the catch-up--now on ep. 6 of 12.  Is that it for this series, or are more planned, if anyone knows?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:18:23 AM by nytempsperdu » Logged
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: January 24, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »

harrie: Welcome aboard watching The Wire!  Dunno if the channel has commercials, if so, sorry if those lessen the impact--actually it may provide something of a breather in intense parts.   

Though she didn't get into The Wire (just as well, it might be too heavy for 14) my daughter is now a full-fledged fan of Flight of the Conchords and mom's only slightly less so, both of us are enjoying the catch-up--now on ep. 6 of 12.  Is that it for this series, or are more planned, if anyone knows?

Did you notice that the guy who plays Klebinow in the newsroom of The Wire is the same actor who does Mel's (Kristen Schaal) husband Doug.  David Costabile:

-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: January 24, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »

Though she didn't get into The Wire (just as well, it might be too heavy for 14) my daughter is now a full-fledged fan of Flight of the Conchords  Is that it for this series, or are more planned, if anyone knows?

Yis. It is.

http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2007/08/hbo-renews-flight-of-conchords-for.html

-Dave Attell
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: January 24, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »

Terrific news, kam, will start looking forward to future flights (and will look for the common actor--that didn't sound right, but you know what I mean). 

So, what did you think of the Bowie episode?  It's one of the few my hubs saw, too, and he laughed more than I did.  I think he got more references to albums--yes, folks, there are still people who call them that and have to struggle, often switching to "record" then detouring by "tape" before arriving at "CD"--costumes, songs & lyrics.  Kid & I liked the songs in the discrimination vs. Kiwis ep more.  Kid's only dilemma is that she'd like to tell a good friend about the show but the friend's mom is--oh NOES--Australian.

My only dilemma: alarm at the "awww" sounds from the kid when one of the pair (yes, mostly Bret) gets dissed or dumped or just looks like he has "hurty feelings."  Please tell me this is not an omen.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:21 PM »

Bowie was one of the better episodes. i love the song Jemaine sings to Bret about liking him in a heterosexual way, but I didn't like the Bowie episode as much as I liked the Kiwi episode (Bret and Jemaine learning the meaning of flipping the bird) or the Mugging episode (Rhymenocerous vs. Hiphop-opotomus).  I also like Episode 1 of course, "The Humans are Dead".   "Most Beautiful Girl in the Room".

-Dave Attell
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: January 24, 2008, 11:38:53 PM »

Now, if i could figure out what you all are talking about.Huh?

Yes, that is Dellums, and I kind of figured out by the episodes of The Wire that he was the medical examiner (but, with that hair? Which by the way was not the style when Bayard Rustin was the preferred role. I imagine it is rather hard being a Congressman's son at the same time as rustling up acting gigs).
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 95
  Print  

Jump to: