Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 26, 2018, 06:50:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is the best show of the most anticipated new shows this fall?
Pushing Daisies
Private Practice
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Dirty Sexy Money
Back to You
Big Shots
Cane
Journeyman
Samantha Who?
Other

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 94
  Print  
Author Topic: Television  (Read 19744 times)
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: January 25, 2008, 02:31:21 PM »

"Most Beautiful Girl in the Room".

Ah yes, "You're so beautiful, you could be a waitress...or a model, part-time"--brilliant!

Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: January 25, 2008, 02:39:59 PM »

"Most Beautiful Girl in the Room".

Ah yes, "You're so beautiful, you could be a waitress...or a model, part-time"--brilliant!

You're so beautiful, you could be an air hostess in the 60s
You're so beautiful, you could be a Tree
You're so beautiful
Definitely one of those girls i've been speaking to in the chat rooms
mmmmm... wildsexyangel22
You're so beatuful
Beautiful...
You could be a part-time model
But you'd probably have to keep your day job

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: January 25, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »

Thanks for correct version.  Kid's b'day coming up--DVD of show or CD of songs...or can she just put their songs on her iPod from iTunes, maybe? My ignorance of how such things work is shame-making.

Another question I couldn't answer was from hubs--did/does the writer's strike affect the new FotC season?

Off in search of a website...
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: January 25, 2008, 04:22:09 PM »

Thanks for correct version.  Kid's b'day coming up--DVD of show or CD of songs...or can she just put their songs on her iPod from iTunes, maybe? My ignorance of how such things work is shame-making.

Another question I couldn't answer was from hubs--did/does the writer's strike affect the new FotC season?

Off in search of a website...

I don't recommend the CD ... i mean... its only $5 or something like that on iTunes but only comes with about 5 songs.

The DVD on the other hand is a sweet deal: all 12 episodes for only $19.95

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: January 25, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »

Excellent, repeated thanks, kam!

Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: January 25, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »

http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/carcettiformayor/male

$15 T-shirts make a good gift too

-Dave Attell
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: January 25, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »

True, but not that particular one. Fictional mayor has nothing on SF's real one. Gavin Newsom's going strong at beg. of term 2, even after drug/booze/sex mini-scandals, & this a.m.'s newspaper says he diverted funds voters approved for public transit to his staff.  Oh yeah, at a recent ceremony, he managed to swear in two people to the same position.  Ya gotta love city livin'.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: January 28, 2008, 02:31:59 PM »

Gabriel Byrne starts series tonight HBO, "In Treatment"
nytempsperdu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: January 28, 2008, 10:10:09 PM »

Last ep of FotC had kid in raptures--Demetri Martin is her darlin' at the moment.  Mom's a Demetri fan, too, but was disgruntled (or less gruntled) at the ending, can't really say why.

Lord of the Rings spoof was perhaps inevitable but was hilarious, nonetheless.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: January 29, 2008, 12:15:41 PM »

Have no cable, but have heard Martin on NPR and will seek out DVD.  Probably no relation to Steve Martin, eh?

Watched the repeated pilot of the Terminator spinoff last night --nothing worth comment there -- lots of f/x, things exploding, hot women...less than the sum of its parts.

"Lost" returns in two days -- given the basic arc of the show, I hope they wrap it up in the fourth season.  In any case, we need to know who was the guy in the coffin.  And if Hurley managed to drop a few ponds.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: January 30, 2008, 01:55:10 AM »

There are 48 more episodes of Lost to go.  Its not being wrapped up this season.  We were supposed to get 12-16 installments but that was the plan before the strike.

-Dave Attell
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: January 30, 2008, 12:13:24 PM »

Too bad.  I like the show, but would like it to conclude if only so they can stop jerking us around with this skip-the-fall-season bullshit.  A dramatic hook in May to bring you back in September is cool, but making people wait eight months smells kind of manipulative in the worst way.  Also, looking back, I think they overdid the red herrings, the weirdnesses that they dangle in front of you and then just let slide.  A core mystery is great, but 47 core mysteries is just tedious. 

harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: January 31, 2008, 11:59:24 AM »

The Courant's TV critic liked the new Lost stuff, what he's seen or been fed - not sure about the scenario there.  But he said that by making a concrete end date, the writers have a place from which to work back, and the critic seems to think the details will be interesting and dovetail together somewhat niftily.  He did say that in tonight's or the next ep, the (perhaps non-)rescuers appear, so it sounds like fun may start right off the bat.  I hope he (Roger Catlin, the critic) isn't lying.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2008, 12:15:46 PM »

I watched the subscripted (annoyingly) replay of the season ender last night, which was kind of useful in bringing back some of the details that had slid from my mind over 8 months.  The "not Penny's boat" issue is pretty compelling, as is who's in the coffin.  The boat issue will be addressed right off, but I suspect the coffin ID will be dangled in front of us for quite a while.

Also, the "I have to get back to him" from Kate at the LAX empty lot rendezvous with Jack in the flashforward -- would "him" be Sawyer?

harrie
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »

...or the ubiquitous Nathan Fillion?  (the apparently clueless policeman she married in the past)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 94
  Print  

Jump to: