Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Mental Health and Treatment  (Read 17633 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Mental Health and Treatment
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2022, 02:59:32 PM »

It is so important to focus on the beauty in the world, and not the bad stuff, as the Bible tells us. And there are many opportunities that you will miss out on if you only see the bad in the world, and by being negative one pushes the good people away. People love good positive people who see the good in the world, and who cheer them up and make them feel good.

I had a friend from Michigan, Pari, she was beautiful, and smart, when I met her she was a dance teacher and she spoke 4 languages, she lived downstairs, and she was great. But, she got into illegal drugs, and she started hanging out with bad people, she ended up back in Michigan homeless with her boyfriend, and she had 2 daughters. Her boyfriend ended up shooting himself in the head with a shotgun and killing himself, and then she died soon after from suicide. What a sad life she had. She was so smart and pretty with so much potential, and she threw it all away, and she could not see the beauty in the world, all that she could see was the bad in the world.

We need to see the beauty in the world, and then life is always worth living.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2022, 07:13:01 PM »

San Diego State University is the best at training Psychologists and Psychiatrists...

https://psychology.sdsu.edu/

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2022, 08:09:45 PM »

In Bolivia the prisoners are involved in a new program that rewards the prisoners for reading books, they can shorten their time in prison by reading books.

So, for a great book that I recommended to Bolivia for the prisoners to read is "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers. Carl Rogers taught at San Diego State University, and he helped to design the program at the Betty Ford Center. Carl Rogers was great.

And if we can change how the prisoners think and feel, then we can change how they behave. And if we can teach the prisoners to value themselves as a person, and to set honest goals for their lives away from crime, then they can set honest goals and they can map out an honest path to achieve those goals.

Other books that can be provided for the prisoners are books about architecture and the construction trades, which might help some prisoners to map out life goals, and people will always need housing so there will always be jobs building housing, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:25:58 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2022, 10:40:59 PM »

The best way to overcome depression is by getting outside of yourself and helping other people, and doing charity work is also a good way to make good new friends, the people who do charity work are the best people.

And we have had a lot of stars who have committed suicide, instead we need to get them to do charity work and to help other people and to stop being so damn selfish that they commit suicide. Suicide is a very selfish act. When you pull your head out of your own ass and start helping other people then you snap out of the depression and you start feeling betting, and your self esteem improves, you feel valued, and your whole mental health improves, and your life improves because you are bringing good new people into your life.

In Hollywood we have Kiwanis International which is global, and we have Children of the Night to help the homeless teens on the streets of Hollywood, and there are a lot of other good charities. We have Habitat for Humanity, and we have a lot of great charities. Instead of the stars committing suicide they need to pick a good charity and get busy helping other people, and they can use their lives to help other people and to make the world a better place. There is no such thing as being washed up, or black listed, or whatever, when it comes to doing charity work, Kiwanis will welcome the stars gladly, and they will feel better, and they can help other people. As a lot of stars are getting older and they may feel like they are no longer valued, then they can join Kiwanis and they will feel valued. Then when people feel better maybe they can find future jobs or whatever, but the main thing is that instead of committing suicide they need to start doing service, and they will feel better.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2022, 02:48:57 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/07/well/mind/mindfulness-practice-doomscrolling.html

Seven ways to not fall into despair from following the news.

(Yes, I know the obvious eighth way...)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2022, 07:47:29 PM »

Mayor Eric Garcetti is in Los Angeles, California.

With current low temperatures and L.A. Rain, LAHSA now has Winter Shelters open.

This year, the Augmented Winter Shelter Program is providing motel vouchers to homeless Angelenos in parts of the County with severe weather.

More info at: LAHSA.org/Winter-Shelter or by dialing (800)-548-6047.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2022, 03:14:37 PM »

Sad about Twitch committing suicide, I never met him, but he seemed to have been well loved in the Entertainment Industry, and he had a wife and children, so sad.

There is the 988 number to call for suicide prevention. I hope that people will call 988 instead of committing suicide.

Also of note, is that depression is a deep form of self centeredness, depressed people need to stop focusing on their own problems and they need to look around at the world around them, and it helps people to feel better if they start helping other people. Helping other people helps people to feel better. Volunteering to do service in groups such as Kiwanis International will help one to feel better.

My friend Chris was very depressed because his family left him, he found himself alone after having spent his whole life trying to help his family, and what saved him was that he volunteered to help the homeless, he drove around in a van with a female social worker and they picked up homeless people and they gave them rides to shelters where they could get help, and Chris also managed homeless shelters, he ended up dying of Cancer, but he did not commit suicide, he spent his last days helping other people.

What if Twitch would have started helping the homeless people? Maybe helping the homeless people would have saved Twitch.

Also, drinking coffee helps to fight depression, and coffee drinkers are less likely to commit suicide, and coffee is a social drink. If you are depressed, then go have some coffee and talk with someone and get help. That is why I support coffee shops being opened on the Native American Indian Reservations which have high suicide rates, we need to get the Indians to drink coffee.

My Uncle Dennis committed suicide here in my apartment, he took a bunch of pills and then he came to my apartment to die, he died on my sofa. I tried so hard to help him, he had a lot of problems from being raised without a Father, and being poor, and spending years in prison, he just gave up, and he took a bunch of pills and that was the end for him. But, it was very selfish of him, because he could have helped the homeless, and he could have stayed alive to be my Uncle, and everyone loved him, it was sad.

Anyway, dial 988 if you need help.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2023, 01:13:28 PM »

Flagmans Sober Living Homes has both Male and Female beds available.

(714) 745-0948

Housing for the homeless in Orange County, California.

Salute,

Tony V.

yargkvbrov

• View Profile
    • offtopic
offtopic
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2023, 09:48:44 PM »

mega площадка <a href="https://mega-darknetmarket.com/"> официальная ссылка +на мега даркнет маркет</a>

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2023, 06:21:04 PM »

They say that the longer that people are homeless and on the street then the harder it is for them to re-enter society, the people become more and more damaged from being out there homeless on the streets. But, an education can help them.

I studied Psychology, and Sociology, and other stuff before I became homeless, and also I am a poet and a writer, and an actor and filmmaker, and so the artists roam among the people and they observe the neighborhoods, etc.

In Psychology one thing that they taught us about was how people do brain washing, back then there were a lot of cults, and in class the Professor taught us that the way to avoid being brain-washed was to be aware of how they do it so you can spot it and stop it from working, so if you know how the cults trap people then you can better avoid being trapped. Being homeless also conditions people, so you need to be aware of how it is affecting you so that you have control over it.

In Sociology one thing that they teach you is that educated people value an education, while people in the working class may not value an education the same way. In Malibu they all value an education, the rich educated people tend to value an education, but the poor truck driver may not value an education as much. My Grandfather was an old Cowboy from Oregon and he did not like the educated people, he did not respect an education. So, opinions change depending on the neighborhood that you are in and things change depending on the people you are around.

And the whole time I was writing poetry, I have stacks of poetry that I wrote while out there on the streets of Hollywood.

And I wrote a movie script that takes place here in Hollywood.

I am damaged from being out there homeless on the streets, I was treated like human garbage here in my own country. I was clean, and sober, with a college degree, and acting training, and management experience, and cooking experience, and experience working at Universal Studios, etc, and I was stuck out there homeless on the streets. It damages a person to experience that. But you need to pull out of that, you cannot be pissed off and angry all of the time. And one can never move forward to good goals if they are stuck on negative garbage, you need to have a good positive attitude.

All one can do is to keep a positive attitude and try to set positive goals, and do not let the past ruin the future.

And as an artist one can grow as a writer and a poet and as a filmmaker if one can observe and learn without letting the hard times permanently damage a person. 

It is hard to pull oneself out of deep depression, but a person has to do it, there is nothing good in the deep dark places.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 06:47:19 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2023, 02:16:15 PM »

I met a disabled man outside of a local Vons grocery store, and he was angry and crying because the store refused him service, he had cash money, but they would not accept his money and they refused to sell him food. If they would have taken the time to listen to his story, they would have learned that he was in a motorcycle accident and he was in a coma, and when he came out of the coma he could not walk nor talk, he had to learn how to walk and talk all over again. The doctors told him that it is a miracle that he is walking and talking. I felt so bad for the guy.

I told him where a good Mexican Market is that will accept his business, and I told him where a good Church is in case he wants to go to Church on Sunday, I told him about the Calvary Chapel Open Door which was a church mentioned in "The Jesus Revolution." And while I was telling him about the church an Asian lady walked up and gave him $20 and he went from being sad and angry to crying because of the love that he felt from me and the Asian lady, he was smiling through his tears.

I need to write a letter to the owners of Vons telling them that one of their workers refused service to a disabled man, and the man was kind and gentle and he was not a threat to anyone. He had problems but that was all because of his motorcycle accident.

We need to be more kind and gentle, and our City Motto here in Anaheim is "City of Kindness" and we need for Vons to be more kind. Vons is a good store, and they have good food, but our disabled people from our community need to be able to shop there without being discriminated against.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2023, 01:09:21 PM »

City of Anaheim- Municipal Government

Welcome Finamore Place, Anaheim's newest affordable housing community!

This community which opened in February of 2023, is made up of 102 apartments and provides homes to more than 200 residents. The property is home to those who qualify for extremely low to low-income categories, as well as 20 apartments for those formerly homeless.

This site is unique in that it offers onsite healthcare, childcare and emotional support services to those living here and in the surrounding community.

Onsite services include:

St. Jude Neighborhood Health Center: pediatric, womens health and prenatal care, optometry

Orange County Head Start: early education center serving education, social, health and nutritional needs

Child Guidance Center: family behavioral health services including military veterans family treatment and support

Anaheim continues to do its part in providing affordable housing opportunities for our residents. Finamore Place is one of 42 adorable communities in our city with more on the way!

If you qualify for low-income affordable housing, the Anaheim Housing Authority is here to help. Visit Anaheim.net/housing or call (714) 765-4300, ext. 4810.

For more on Anaheims affordable housing efforts, visit Anaheim.net/affordable

----------

Anaheim is great, and the city is working hard to help the homeless, mentally ill, poor children, and the Vets and their families, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 01:12:53 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2023, 07:44:45 PM »

Here is the telephone number for our Community Care Response Team in Anaheim (714) 820-9090.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2023, 03:40:36 PM »

On the issue of Cognitive Dissonance.

As a child we had a family Preacher in Oregon, Fred, who taught us that if we became uncomfortable that it is a sign from God that we need to change our life. God gives us a signal that we need to change by allowing us to become uncomfortable and unhappy.

With Carl Rogers and his therapy at the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs he explained to them that their source of discomfort was Cognitive Dissonance, and that they need to keep their thoughts, feelings, and behavior, congruent or we become uncomfortable. Carl Rogers was a Christian, and he was a humanist, and the Betty Ford Center attracted Ozzy Osbourne, and Elizabeth Taylor, and a lot of rich and famous people.

A funny thing, a Christian friend, Jon, reminds me of Pastor Fred from Oregon, he has the same love of God, and he has a band named "Cognitive Dissonance."

Of note, Cognitive Dissonance explains how movies, music, television shows, poetry, books, etc, can change how people behave; because if you can change how people think and feel then you can change how they behave.

If you are unhappy and miserable then it is a sign from God that you need to change your life to find happiness. God loves you, and God wants for you to be happy.

You can change location, you can change your job, you can change who you hang out with, you can study and improve yourself, you can set new goals, you can exercise and get in shape, and you can go to Church on Sunday, and you can learn the word of God, and you can surround yourself with good Christian people, etc, etc, etc. There are many ways to make choices to change things so that you can find happiness and so that you can become more comfortable.

Cognitive Dissonance is a gift from God to tell you to change your life, and to show you when you are on the wrong path. When you become uncomfortable it is a sign from God that you need to make changes.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2023, 12:39:50 AM »

Some people get so depressed and off track that they forget that they are a loved child of God. Some people forget that they deserve the same love and happiness as all of God's children.

So, Carl Rogers wrote a book "On Becoming a Person" to help people to realize that they deserve the same good human rights and prosperity as all human beings. We all matter. And we are God's children. Carl Rogers knew that God created Man and that Man was special, and he incorporated all of that as he designed the program at the Betty Ford Center, where Ozzy and Elizabeth Taylor went to get clean and to get help.

Bolivia started a reading program for Prisoners in their prisons many years back, and I suggested that they give the book "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers to all of the prisoners to read.

And once you realize that you are a human just like everyone else, then you start treating yourself like you matter, and like you are a loved child of God.

Carl Rogers was awesome.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5