Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 18, 2018, 03:13:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 151
  Print  
Author Topic: Creative Writing  (Read 27040 times)
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: June 25, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »

Lhoffman, I never pegged you for one to get into flame wars.  Did you invite your little lackey Reader over here?  Boy, are you a disappointment - I always thought rather highly of you.  Turns out you're just a common, nasty jerk.  And don't worry about me and my horse - it's nice up here above the likes of you and your idiot friends.

Anyway, I've set up a blog where we can continue to have our fun unmolested by these jerks if anyone is interested.  Please send me a message with your email address (you can set up a bogus one if you like) and I will send you an invitation.  (Pugey, you and whiskey send me your addresses even though I already have them somewhere - it'll save me a bit of time.  Thanks.) 

You can click "My Messages" on the top toolbar to send and receive messages in this forum.  Don't give these party crashers the pleasure of wrapping the house with toilet paper anymore is my advice.  All are welcome with three notable exceptions.
learn.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: June 25, 2007, 08:50:19 PM »

Des,

Can I join? Can I join? Actually setting up the blog is an excellent idea. Good work. I approve Cheesy

If you need any help or writing tips, let me know.

Haiku

Children are sponges.
Others actions are absorbed.
Is the water clean?
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: June 25, 2007, 08:51:16 PM »

"I understand what you're saying. Being  cursed at -des, puge, barton- several times brings out the smart ass  in me. I realize it makes me look childish and somewhat shallow ... I have no excuse, except that I'm a shallow,  flawed human being."

Nope, not saying that at all. And I don't mind the smart ass a bit.  I'm a big fan of pugetopolis, too.  You might be surprised at what he's capable of when he really gets going.

The houses that need to be cleaned aren't just tired posting threads.  The diatribe and vitriol that needs to be driven out is not just what might find its way into this (non)place.  I was thinking more along the lines of your stated purpose, your site, your haikus.

Like this one (which I presume is yours):

Children are sponges.
Is the water clean?

Not bad, even good, but why isn't it great?  What makes a great haiku?  What would this one need?  What is great writing?  Why aren't we aspiring to that?

Too bad you and pugetopolis got off to such a bad start.  The two of you could lead others into putting together some very nice writing here.

GACK!  
Lhoffman
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: June 25, 2007, 08:55:55 PM »

My Dear Des....while you're at it, why not found a whole new planet to rule.  You can tell everyone what they can say, and how and when to say it.  Maybe you can even invent your own special language so that when outsiders visit your planet, you won't have to bother to talk to them.

As far as my being a jerk, I care very little for the opinions of people who are against free speech.  1300 plus posts and you have the nerve to complain when another poster "imposes" and "interupts"  the flow of your precious forum.  Absurd.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:00:43 PM by Lhoffman » Logged
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: June 25, 2007, 09:00:13 PM »

Free speech?  Oh my God, you really ARE a COMPLETE PUTZ!!! LOL!
learn.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: June 25, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

Hey, Desdemona
Must have grown up a loner
Not taught how to play

It's my court, not yours
My rules, I'm the one in charge
Or, I'm not playing

How to describe this
I think it's a spoiled brat
That sounds about right

But, is it too late?
Can Desdemona change paths?
Will brattiness rule?

Only time will tell
Or has delusion set in?
Will she ever LEARN?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:13:45 PM by learn. » Logged

Haiku

Children are sponges.
Is the water clean?
learn.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: June 25, 2007, 09:21:12 PM »

Reader,

Don't forget slack. As many in this story-telling bunch are slacking with their ability to deal with people who think different from them. Or smack, what they'd receive from many if they were as disrespectful in person as they are on this forum.

Haiku

Children are sponges.
Is the water clean?
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: June 25, 2007, 09:27:59 PM »

Reader,

Don't forget slack. As many in this story-telling bunch are slacking with their ability to deal with people who think different from them. Or smack, what they'd receive from many if they were as disrespectful in person as they are on this forum.

true nature revealed
the resounding echo smacks
curmudgeon preacher

Don't dance on a volcano...
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: June 25, 2007, 09:31:10 PM »

Oh, and BTW lhoffman, you're also a hypocrite - from today's NYT voting forum:

lhoffman12 - 7:49 PM ET June 23, 2007 (#649 of 669)

I find it quite odd that over in classical music, they had a spammer, and the NYT was able to kick him off. Yet over here in books, we are told that nothing can be done to stop Lowlife. I'm beginning to suspect that Lowlife is on the NYT staff.

THIS from the Defender of Free Speech.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: June 25, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »

Arrogant jackass
Thinks vain self promotion is
Creative Writing.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
chauncey.g

« Reply #1345 on: June 25, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-Vu46fSus
learn.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: June 25, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »

Good Good Good .... at least we have a little creative writing going on. I'll take Haikus over the boring humorless story telling anytime.

Des, Puge, Barton, Eva, Whiskey others who support  nastiness and bullying, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah you're monopolistic forum will never be the same. There's a new sheriff in town and y'all going have to get in line or take a common sense verbal whipping Wink Are we having fun yet?

Am I being creative? Judges?

Hey Whiskey and Des, on your new blog, you two can have a contest. Who can point out the most spelling and grammatical errors? Only the best of the best compete in that event. Congratulations to both of you.

Haiku

Children are sponges.
Is the water clean?
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: June 25, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »

It was a dark and stormy afternoon.  Detective Carbuncle looked up from the paperwork that his lieutenant had placed in front of him.  Before him stood a woman who looked, to him, vaguely familiar.

"My name Cholthilde," she said.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: June 25, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »

Chlo stretched and yawned, "It's been a long day, Gordon."  "What do you say?"  "Call it a night?"

Don't dance on a volcano...
Lhoffman
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: June 25, 2007, 09:58:23 PM »

Oh, and BTW lhoffman, you're also a hypocrite - from today's NYT voting forum:

lhoffman12 - 7:49 PM ET June 23, 2007 (#649 of 669)

I find it quite odd that over in classical music, they had a spammer, and the NYT was able to kick him off. Yet over here in books, we are told that nothing can be done to stop Lowlife. I'm beginning to suspect that Lowlife is on the NYT staff.

THIS from the Defender of Free Speech.

Not hypocritical at all.  Lifeline has been posting off topic for ages.  He posts in a book forum and never talks about books.  I tried to engage lifeline in conversation many times, as have others.  He is clearly not interested in anything but cut-and-paste.  David  (LEARN) posted once and people jumped all over him.  How many red-blooded males do you think would let that pass?  How do you even know where he was going?  Maybe he was just testing the waters.   Perhaps he planned on posting some creative writing.  I've thought of posting here a few times, but didn't want to interupt your thread.  I don't think, though, that it is unreasonable after 1300 posts, if someone wants to begin something else.  That is the nature of a public forum.   What is unreasonable, is that David was considered an interloper.

As far as starting a blog so that you don't have to deal with the riff raff,  you might prefer to set up a forum.  Blogs don't save last posts, and it can get annoying scrolling through a long line.  Also, by setting up a forum, you will have the power to ban anyone you choose....much as the NYT banned you (and me) when they took exception to the posting of blog addresses.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:51:24 PM by Lhoffman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 151
  Print  

Jump to: