Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 25, 2018, 03:27:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 151
  Print  
Author Topic: Creative Writing  (Read 27285 times)
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: June 27, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »

all of Johnny Depp's ex-girlfriends with red-hot...

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Lhoffman
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: June 27, 2007, 12:23:17 PM »

pookers.  (Torquemada had a bit of a complex.  He'd never quite understood the poopularity of Depp in the first place....People praised Depp to the skies and all the while Torquemanda remained misunderstood.)  But the big T thought he could change all that.  With just one...
kitinkaboodle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: June 27, 2007, 02:44:51 PM »

skinny-mini model with huge vacant eyes by his side and enough tattoos surely he would find himself (for he had been lost far too long, typical of most in the rather short-lived occupation as conquistador) as an equally gifted stud as Depp, in spite of his one rather unattractive

Don't dance on a volcano...
desdemona222b
Superhero Member

That's What I'm Talking About

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: June 27, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »

on his upper lip. 

"How unfortunate it isn't more conveniently situated," he sighed.  "It could mayhaps have a French Tickler effect what with the hair etc were it located elsewhere."

"But nevermind that, I have important work to do in the name of God and all that is holy!  I must get to work immediately!  Now where did I put those thumbscrews?"
learn

LEARN - Lets End All Racism Now, spread the word!!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: June 27, 2007, 05:03:54 PM »

Good day one and all
Please, keep the nice flow going.
You're having a ball.

You are creative
Outbursts to contrary
Said during battle

Reader wants great scribe
I'm gonna try and give it
Will you feel my vibe?

Must say, hope you do
Though I know I shouldn't care
Write validation

Just interrupted
Creative thoughts have left mind.
Running into blank.

Gotta go, really.
But what a rotten last line
Mmm, will Wink this be fine?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 05:21:36 PM by learn » Logged

Haiku

Children are sponges
Others actions are absorbed
Is the water clean?
pugetopolis
Superhero Member

Ink Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: June 27, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »

Lifeline

—for Mick Sussman

lifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifeline lifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifeline
lifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifeline
lifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifeline
lifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifeline lifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifelinelifeline

http://forums.nytimes.com/top/opinion/readersopinions/forums/books/voteforthereadinggroupbook/index.html?offset=690&fid=.fac5bc6/690

“Other people's obsessions
are more often funny than tragic.”
—Vincent Canby, The New York Times
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: June 27, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »

What just Desserts
Creative writing gets
Such Learned Hand Job
pugetopolis
Superhero Member

Ink Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: June 27, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »

Circle jerks are nice—
Just ask mister jbottle
Critic supremo

learn

LEARN - Lets End All Racism Now, spread the word!!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: June 27, 2007, 06:44:55 PM »

Creativity
Sucks, when used negatively
But negative sells

We say no, but do.
We say why, already know
Both sides of the mouth

Ban Paris, bulbs flash.
Stay away from drugs - minds crash.
Respect - treat like trash.

Wow, we are shallow.
That's a tough pill to swallow.
No poetry meant.

Haiku

Children are sponges
Others actions are absorbed
Is the water clean?
pugetopolis
Superhero Member

Ink Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1389 on: June 27, 2007, 07:03:27 PM »

Puget sounds like something of a poopologist and a musical writer...friendly toward "Brokeback Mountain"...a corncob the size of a football stuffed up your ass...an acid tragedy/cokefryout like hippie...the circle jerk they have going.

Exquisite literary criticism. I haven't read such exquisite "left-handed ad hominem" lit crit since way when during our Paglia Break, Blow, Burn poetry discussion -- or more recently during our charming Assia Wevill discussion in regard to Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath. There's a certain element to "creative writing" that is ad lib, impromtu and extemporaneous and I can flow with that as much as anybody. After all, as the administrator points out in the beginning of this exciting Thread -- post and then critique.

Critique to me doesn't necessarily mean The New York Times Book Review -- but a pause in the Narrative is refreshing every once in awhile. There are those who want to rush ahead and "stay on topic" like Eva -- but since criticism is supposedly what this Thread entails, one might ask what is criticism and how does it work in this Thread? Kam's points for entering the Narrative are germane as far as avoiding gaffs. Others gaff it up like certain unLearned ones using their soapboxes for studious and serious "social criticism" of world shaking importance. Others like jbottle critique auteur and film noir-esque.

That's okay with me. I like the "stream of consciousness" of this Thread very much. I've always been a fan of Holly Martins in The Third Man. When asked what stream of consciousness was, Holly remarked "Stream of what?" Graham Greene's humorous satire of readers, intellectuals, writers, critics and criticism there in that Viennese postwar lecture room in The Third Man has always appealed to me. The author of The Oklahoma Kid has always been my Number One guy dontchaknow.

What is stream of consciousness? Where is it going? Where did it come from? I don't know, really I don't. These are just minor questions from a minor critic from a very minor poet...caught up in a fascinating stream of quack quack quack...

learn.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: June 27, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »

People like to laugh
They want to be entertained
Will pay last dollar

Hey, who can blame them?
Work hard, play hard, worry hard.
Laughter's medicine.

Two guys at a bar
One guy says to the other
I gotta tell ya ....

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA
The guy's rolling on the floor.
Buys round for patrons.

Everyone goes home.
Safe, smiling, laughing happy.
Just how you'd like it.

Unfortunately
Racism isn't funny.
LEARN logo, no laughs.

Haiku

Children are sponges.
Others actions are absorbed.
Is the water clean?
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1391 on: June 27, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »

Puget:  You had six syllables in the second line of your haiku, not to be too "critical," but as critic supremo, thought I would mention it--you're not too bright are you?
Lhoffman
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: June 27, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »

Torquemada thought he caught sight of his thumbscrews when Federov and Artukov walked by.  "So how many syllables in the name 'jbottle'?"  asked Federov. 

"Who knows.  Who can make sense of these English."

"Russian, English, what's going on here?" Torquemada mused. 

Meanwhile Carbuncle....
learn.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: June 27, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

Hey, it ain't easy.
Struggling sucks, ask many.
The power of money.

Must be happy first
There are miserable rich folk
Does yen equal grin?

Generalizing
For sure you have to be wrong.
Can't always be right.

Health's most important
Struggling for money, bills
That'll make you sick.

That's why people laugh
Otherwise, they'd be crying.
and we're fortunate.

Haiku

Children are sponges.
Is the water clean?
learn.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: June 27, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »

Sing...sing a song....sing out loud... sing out strong.... don't wory if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear .... just sing... sing a song. La, la, la, la, la ....

Excellent mentality for 'creative writer's'.

Haiku

Children are sponges.
Is the water clean?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 151
  Print  

Jump to: