Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 23, 2018, 05:09:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 922
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 78443 times)
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11100 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »

Frankened. Could be a new verb.

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn. said he plans to resign after more than a half dozen women came forward over the past several weeks with allegations that he touched them improperly or made unwanted sexual advances. Franken also disputed some of the accusations and suggested he is being held to a different standard than President Trump.

"A couple months ago I felt we had entered an important moment in the history of this country," Franken said on the Senate floor. "We were finally beginning to listen to women about the way mens' actions affect them," he said. "Then the conversation turned to me," said Franken. "I was shocked” but trying to be sensitive to the women's feelings, he said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/07/all-eyes-sen-al-franken-who-may-resign-because-sexual-misconduct-allegations/930006001/

Clarence Thomas. Think about it.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11101 on: December 07, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »

Dems can still block legislation with Moore voting for whatever it is.

Did you forget that there are other Republican senators that could do anything at any time?

Just WORK AT IT.

We work harder?  Then you get what you get.

Why do you expect a Dem walkover (forfeit) in ALA anyway?  Moore is a gift to you - he gives you a chance.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11102 on: December 07, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »

ALA election is a statistical dead heat.  Havent you heard, Needs?
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11103 on: December 07, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »

Well, Trump and the RNC do.  The GOP Senate doesn’t.  
But keep yelling at yourself in the mirror if it makes you feel better.

Yeah, my crazy arguments with no merit...except I note you've amended your argument from "the GOP" doesn't want Moore to "the GOP Senate."
I never amended anything. The GOP Senate has been against Moore all along.
McConnell knows that Moore in the Senate is poisonous to GOP politically in 2018.
Trump is only concerned about himself.  An argument I have now repeated several times.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11104 on: December 07, 2017, 12:43:44 PM »

Yeah, my crazy arguments with no merit...except I note you've amended your argument from "the GOP" doesn't want Moore to "the GOP Senate."
McConnell knows that Moore in the Senate is poisonous to GOP politically in 2018.
Trump is only concerned about himself.  An argument I have now repeated several times.

Because in RSW's Magical Land of Delusional Thinking, repeating oneself is evidence to support a political point.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
facilitatorn

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11105 on: December 07, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »

You talk about republican senators as if they had intelligence, will, or conscience of their own. The don't. They dance when their donors say dance. They will drag their terrified daughters to Moore's post swearing in reception, should he win. The GOP, senators and all, is a political front for monied kactocracy.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
oilcan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11106 on: December 07, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »

If Clarence quits, the Trump appointed replacement couldn't be any worse.

Whew, I just broke out in hysterical laughter as I typed that first sentence. 

Second thought, hope Thomas stays in, at least until after 2020 and the new Democrat PotUS can then replace.  Maybe that new guy will even commute Trump's jail sentence, so Trump can go home or at least go to a nice well-managed insane asylum. 

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11107 on: December 07, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »

Dems can still block legislation with Moore voting for whatever it is.

Did you forget that there are other Republican senators that could do anything at any time?

Just WORK AT IT.

We work harder?  Then you get what you get.

Why do you expect a Dem walkover (forfeit) in ALA anyway?  Moore is a gift to you - he gives you a chance.
The Dems.cannot block a bill brought up through the reconciliation process.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11108 on: December 07, 2017, 01:06:09 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2017/12/07/3-people-reported-dead-amid-gunfire-at-new-mexico-high-school/

He.can see no reasons, cuz there are no reasons.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11109 on: December 07, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »

Killer cop goes to jail:

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-12-07/ex-south-carolina-cops-shooting-of-motorist-was-murder-judge

Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11110 on: December 07, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »

Oh, stop it. They without a doubt want another vote in the republican column right now more than they will worry about any criticism of have a pedophile in the Senate. They will worry about any criticism of that at a later date.
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11111 on: December 07, 2017, 01:37:57 PM »

Without the video he would have never been charged and even with the video a jury wouldn’t convict him... but there is some measure of justice.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11112 on: December 07, 2017, 01:40:11 PM »

Without the video he would have never been charged and even with the video a jury wouldn’t convict him...

An assertion that cannot be proved.

But nice of you to drop in and whine, despite Justice being served.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11113 on: December 07, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »

Oh, stop it. They without a doubt want another vote in the republican column right now more than they will worry about any criticism of have a pedophile in the Senate. They will worry about any criticism of that at a later date.
The Republican condemnation of Moore ended when it became clear be would not succumb to pressure and abandon the race. Betweem a paedophile and,a.Democrat, they want the paedophile.

NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11114 on: December 07, 2017, 04:14:56 PM »

Without the video he would have never been charged and even with the video a jury wouldn’t convict him...

An assertion that cannot be proved.

But nice of you to drop in and whine, despite Justice being served.

A jury did fail to convict him, no?  So, there is that proven.

And does seem as though the video was central to the case against, both in bringing attention to it, then proving that the victim didn't go after the taser. 

What evidence would there have been to dispute the officers account without the bystander video?
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 922
  Print  

Jump to: