Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 20, 2018, 02:02:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 914
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 77573 times)
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10785 on: December 03, 2017, 06:30:05 PM »

There is no need to find out who is stronger in the world, and the USA and China are allies, and the USA and the Flying Tigers protected China from Japan during World War II, and the USA and MacArthur helped the Philippines against Japan as well. And the USA is now friends and allies with Japan too. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Tigers

And the Chinese and Japanese are spending huge amounts of money in the USA, and they are even developing some formerly very poor areas, such as building high rise buildings in Skid Row in Los Angeles, soon there will no longer be a Skid Row, they are redeveloping the area and they are allocating money to help the former inhabitants of Skid Row with relocation and housing and medical and social needs, etc. 

---

They built towering new cities in China. Now they're trying it in downtown Los Angeles

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0825-china-dtla-snap-story.html

----------------

We need to set high building standards, so that the new buildings are safe from fires and from earthquakes, etc, and we need to set beautification standards, etc. We need to make good deals before we allow them to build, we can negotiate good deals for our cities, etc, once the buildings are built then it is too late to negotiate. And as we build new buildings such as post offices, etc, then we need to spend the money to build really nice post offices, etc, and we can get the Chinese investors to help to pay for beautiful new post offices, etc. And we can get nice street landscaping with trees and plants and benches to sit on, etc, even statues and fountains, etc.

The owner of my apartment complex where I live is from Taiwan, his name is "Bing," and he was named after Bing Crosby, he loves the USA. Investors from Taiwan are welcome here. 

And even the Australians can build here in the USA if they want, I recommend that the Australians open a movie studio in Anaheim. Smiley

Certainly we need to support good human rights in the world, and we need to support freedom and democracy, but meanwhile we can try to get along peacefully while we work towards creating a better planet.

Salute,

Tony V.
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10786 on: December 03, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »

As China Rises, Australia Asks Itself: Can It Rely on America?
With Trump in charge? Not for a moment. He would throw anyone under the bus in a second if it served his own purposes. One day you are just going to have to try and understand that this man has no ethical core—That he believes in Trump and Trump only and screw everyone else.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10787 on: December 03, 2017, 08:41:37 PM »

With Trump in charge? Not for a moment. He would throw anyone under the bus in a second if it served his own purposes. One day you are just going to have to try and understand that this man has no ethical core—That he believes in Trump and Trump only and screw everyone else.

Driver, Bambu "only knows what Mr. Tillerson says," so (a) of course Australia is safe and (b) Bambu has no interest in trying to understand Trump's ethical core.

And at that, he's a more critical reader than Kid.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10788 on: December 03, 2017, 08:42:52 PM »

http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/congress-warned-this-new-weapon-from-north-korea-could-kill-up-to-90-percent-of-americans

Now this would seem to be worth the term, "alarmist!"

FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10789 on: December 03, 2017, 09:12:29 PM »

The Asians love Los Angeles...

Go green, ride the Metro...

Link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1780NShAeo

Bring a thermos of Irish coffee, and enjoy the ride.

And right by Union Station in Los Angeles is Olvera Street, which has the best margaritas, and great Mexican food.

Soon we will have high speed trains, but right now the Metro is pretty cool, it is a way for people get out of their cars and pollute less, and you can enjoy the train.

And the Asian commercial for the Metro is cool.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:16:50 PM by FlyingVProd » Logged
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10790 on: December 03, 2017, 11:48:59 PM »

Driver, Bambu "only knows what Mr. Tillerson says," so (a) of course Australia is safe and (b) Bambu has no interest in trying to understand Trump's ethical core.

That's Mr Tillerson ...he's not the White House janitor...he's the US Secretary of State no less...

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Sunday announced the Trump administration is pulling out of a United Nations-led Global Compact on Migration (GCM), claiming it could undermine the enforcement of U.S. immigration laws.

Looks pretty final to me.
Now I don't have 5 university degrees, or even one for that matter...but when I read that, in your link...I believe it...that that's what happening...
unless Olivia Beavers is making it all up.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10791 on: December 04, 2017, 12:24:46 AM »

That's Mr Tillerson ...he's not the White House janitor...he's the US Secretary of State no less...

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Sunday announced the Trump administration is pulling out of a United Nations-led Global Compact on Migration (GCM), claiming it could undermine the enforcement of U.S. immigration laws.

Looks pretty final to me.
Now I don't have 5 university degrees, or even one for that matter...but when I read that, in your link...I believe it...that that's what happening...
unless Olivia Beavers is making it all up.

I think it is likely that that is happening.

But that wasn't the point of what I said nor the point of what you claimed to believe.

It's the REASON for pulling out that was at issue, remember?

And...

"That's Mr Tillerson ...he's not the White House janitor...he's the US Secretary of State no less..."

Duh, Bambu.

And who does he work for?

He works for a proven liar who has sought to undo as many of Obama's initiatives and actions as he could, without regard for whether those initiatives were good, bad, or indifferent.

And because Trump lies, when he tells Tillerson what to say, most of the time Tillerson repeats it. This seems to be either shocking to you or unworthy of remembering each and every time it occurs.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10792 on: December 04, 2017, 06:39:50 AM »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NJFB9h7WCMSIl2P9fMH_qTa7mBGvgV-52HFg9Oagltk/edit

Here are some scenarios from the grad school tuition waiver tax scenario.

It is not yet law - but if it becomes law, this is what it will look like.

Maybe you can live without that extra $7k per year, Kid, but your gross assumption that everybody can is...

bizarre.

INteresting stuff. One would think that such a tax structure might put market pressure on some institutions to lower their tuition, otherwise, they will lose a lot of customers, if those scenarios ring true.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10793 on: December 04, 2017, 07:12:28 AM »

POTUS OFFICIALLY ENDORSES ROY MOORE:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump endorsed U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore on Monday, throwing his weight behind the embattled Alabama Republican ahead of next week's special election in the state that has been rocked by allegations of sexual misconduct.

Moore has called the allegations against him false, and Trump, in a post on Twitter, said Republicans needed Moore to win in order to secure votes on key issues such as immigration.

"Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama," Trump wrote.

Disgusting.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10794 on: December 04, 2017, 07:54:51 AM »

"Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama," Trump wrote.
Disgusting.
Disgusting? Not to Trump or to his followers. Just another day in Trump World.
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10795 on: December 04, 2017, 08:06:46 AM »

Well, we’ll see what Bambu will say (as if anyone would care) when Tillerson decides to stop being a step-and-fetch-it for a ‘moron’ and resigns his office.
Oh, well, I think that Bam is more or less just an ignoramus. I think Kid understands his Orange Fuhrer perfectly well. His problem is that he agrees with him….demonstrating his own lack of an ethical core.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10796 on: December 04, 2017, 08:30:48 AM »

POTUS OFFICIALLY ENDORSES ROY MOORE:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump endorsed U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore on Monday, throwing his weight behind the embattled Alabama Republican ahead of next week's special election in the state that has been rocked by allegations of sexual misconduct.

Moore has called the allegations against him false, and Trump, in a post on Twitter, said Republicans needed Moore to win in order to secure votes on key issues such as immigration.

Disgusting.

Its politics, unfortunately.

Maybe you envision that Obama - or Biden - or Booker - or whoever - in a similar situation - might do different - that he might TOSS the majority in the interest of all that is good.

Whatev.
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10797 on: December 04, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »

I wouldn’t expect ANYONE in National politics to give Moore their endorsement. Not McConnell, not Ryan, certainly not Romney. Endorsing a credibly accused child molester is not “politics” it’s “Politics under Donald Trump” and even in that realm, one that exists in the place of worms, of dogshit, of decomposing garbage, this is your President taking us to a new low.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:34:41 AM by NeedsAdjustments » Logged
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10798 on: December 04, 2017, 09:33:42 AM »

And I’ll note a week ago when I said the Presidents words were as good as an endorsement you disputed that. Then, you eagerly took the meager cover your President gave you to disguise your own worthlessness.

And now that our Liar in Chief isn’t bothering with the disguise you don’t have the self respect to stay in the shadows.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10799 on: December 04, 2017, 09:48:07 AM »

You didnt comment on how you feel a Democratic president would handle it.
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 914
  Print  

Jump to: