Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 23, 2018, 07:15:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 922
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 78450 times)
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10800 on: December 04, 2017, 09:58:45 AM »

You didnt comment on how you feel a Democratic president would handle it.

"it"

If there had been a Senate candidate with as clear a record and as lame a response as Moore's running for a seat during the years in which Obama was president, I suspect he would have called for the man to step aside.

I'm certain HRC would have.

I doubt that Clinton would have. No idea about Biden.

Sen Kirsten Gillibrand would.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10801 on: December 04, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »

Why is she (Gillebrand) relevant?
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10802 on: December 04, 2017, 10:16:54 AM »

I wouldn’t expect ANYONE in National politics to give Moore their endorsement.

There is no better nor more accessible tool for the betterment of a person than reading.  If you can't be bothered to do even that, then your worthlessness is self-imposed.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10803 on: December 04, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »

Josh, re the EMP alarmism article you posted -- it takes a pretty hefty H-bomb to do an effective (fry all circuits) EMP attack.  Not sure NK will be able to make one that big.  But we should support an initiative to put Faraday Cages on all utility transformers, the most important server banks, etc.  It's doubly important, since a repeat of the 1859 Carrington Event (largest solar flare to hit the Earth) now would also be as devastating, and more widespread than just an attack on a nation. 

I seriously advise people to have a Faraday Cage plan in your houshold for your electronics.  What  you do is find a fully enclosed metal box, or a couple, that will hold everything you toss in there.  Small items in the microwave, bigger ones in the fridge or a deepfreeze.  Make sure, when (if) advance warning comes, that they are unplugged (as the EMP can be carried into the interior through the power cord).  A major CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) headed for Earth, there will be about 12 hours warning from NASA.  A nuke EMP, maybe 20 minutes.  If your car is less than 25-30 years old, it's probably not carbureted, so its ECU will need to be wrapped in foil as thoroughly as you can.  I doubt too many people would be able to do this right, or get it done in time, so I'd advise keeping the thighs in shape and owning a good road bike with a Burley trailer or similar.  And also (and now the satirical note in my PSA will become more apparent) be sure to have at least 2 years of freeze-dried food and bottled water on the premises.  It might take at least that long to re-establish some basic farm-to-table distribution system.  If the EMP event happens, I predict the America that survives will be around 80% Mormon.  So you can practice phrases like, "Joseph Smith, what an awesome guy!" and similar. 

"Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat!"
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10804 on: December 04, 2017, 10:58:32 AM »

"it"

If there had been a Senate candidate with as clear a record and as lame a response as Moore's running for a seat during the years in which Obama was president, I suspect he would have called for the man to step aside.

I'm certain HRC would have.
Unless she was married to him.

It's a rare day when Espn3 makes an appearance here.  Welcome!!!

I'm a pretty good cook sitting on my groceries. Come up to my kitchen. I'll show you my best recipe
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10805 on: December 04, 2017, 12:23:02 PM »

And I like his completely brilliant equivalance between Bill Clinton fooling around with an intern (in her 20's) and a paedophile.  My ordinary human brain had some trouble following that, but I'm sure its brilliance will be apparent if I keep trying.

"Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat!"
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10806 on: December 04, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »

Women accusing men of sexual harassment is nothing new, they were doing it 30 years ago.
Doing it 30 years ago, about events that allegedly happened 60 years ago, at the beginning of 'middle school'.
Man attended an early-middle school class reunion.
Was loudly accused in front of people:
"You! You sexually harassed me! You chased me around the playground and tried to kiss me!"
Shocked and embarrassed, the man left the reunion, never to attend another one ever.
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10807 on: December 04, 2017, 01:28:12 PM »

So...

From the position announced today from his lawyer that Trump can not be charged with Obstruction of Justice.
From the increasingly likely chance that Trump will fire Mueller.
To the possibility that the Trump campaign will be charged with colluding with Putin and his intelligence services to alter the course of the 2016 elections...

We are now dependent on a Congress under Republican control to ensure that this country is still subject to the rule of law.

What is the over/under on their taking that responsibility to heart, and doing what is right for Democracy and the American People?
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10808 on: December 04, 2017, 01:34:20 PM »

So...

From the position announced today from his lawyer that Trump can not be charged with Obstruction of Justice.
To the possibility that the Trump campaign will be charged with colluding with Putin and his intelligence services to alter the course of the 2016 elections...

We are now dependent on a Congress under Republican control to ensure that this country is still subject to the rule of law.

What is the over/under on their taking that responsibility to heart, and doing what is right for Democracy and the American People?

How could the course of the 2016 American elections be altered by Putin and his intelligence services?
Sounds like sore-loser Leftist sour grapes.
What did Putin do, make the slogan "Make America great again"?
Dig up some dirt on Clinton? [like the Left has never done that]
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10809 on: December 04, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »

So...

You mean in YOU getting your way?

Not much of a chance - no.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10810 on: December 04, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »

"Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama," Trump wrote.
Disgusting.
Disgusting? Not to Trump or to his followers. Just another day in Trump World.

In Trump World, and in Trump Sheep World, everything is right, so nothing is wrong.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:02:16 PM by MrUtley3 » Logged

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10811 on: December 04, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

So...

You mean in YOU getting your way?

Not much of a chance - no.

What a contemptible point of view.  That the President being held to the rule of law, to the Constitution, is me getting MY way ie. some kind of partisan position.

You may be a worthless human being kidcarter8 but don't assume others are down in the dirt with you.  We know you would object loudly if Obama's lawyers declared that he could sic the justice department on his political opponents, and that any allies working on his behalf are above the law. 

When its Trump you see dictatorship as "bold politics." 

Not much of a chance of elected Republicans thinking any differently than you, every one of them a proven pissant.  So soon enough you and others like you will be living in the Banana Republic you so deserve.  And it will be up to the rest of us to vote these glorified con-men out.
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10812 on: December 04, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »

#MAGA update in the last 24 hours:

- Pro accused child molesters.
- Anti-rule of law as applied to Executive Branch dealings with Foreign Enemies.
- Anti National Monuments.

If this is Making America Great Again some self-described patriots need to be reminded what America is.

Trump:

The families and communities of Utah know and love this land the best and you know the best how to take care of your land.  You know how to protect it. And you know best how to conserve this land for many, many generations to come.

More lies from the Republi-Con in Chief.  This order wouldn't turn over the land to local conservationist families.  They already had access to it.  It turns the land over to miners, oil companies, and ranchers who don't want to pay for usage rights.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:58:50 PM by NeedsAdjustments » Logged
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10813 on: December 04, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »

Dictatorship?

Come on.

NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10814 on: December 04, 2017, 04:13:16 PM »

That was actually the plot device that provided the setting for the TV show, “Dark Angel.”
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 922
  Print  

Jump to: