Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 25, 2018, 03:46:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 1434
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 155757 times)
bambu
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10995 on: December 06, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »

Hey! Look, I got picked as a NYT Pick

Commenting on Sexual Harassment!

Oh yeah, I'm bad! Woot Woot!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/business/sexual-harassment-debates.html?comments#permid=25104961

SAN FRANCISCO — In Boston, the leader of a businesswomen’s group said that some women were so angry about the wave of sexual harassment revelations that they no longer wanted to hire more men.

In Kansas City, Mo., a women’s career center is urging women not to throw caution to the wind when making public allegations involving harassment. And in Silicon Valley, one of the best-known female executives in the technology industry is celebrating the moment while advising that accusations must be followed by a fair process of punishment.

“We need to make sure the people accused believe there’s due process,” Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer and one of the most prominent female executives in Silicon Valley, said in an interview. “There will be claims that aren’t true,
 and if people feel there’s going to be no process for vetting, that’s where the backlash against women comes.”

#####

Indeed

Oh well, no more jobs for men.
Wonder what men can do with their lives, now that they won't be working?
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10996 on: December 06, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »

That Sheryl Sandberg, as a person who makes her billions from an internet site that THRIVES on Gossip and Snark to say, we have to be careful, is stultifying disingenuous.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10997 on: December 06, 2017, 03:53:19 PM »

A foregone conclusion

Yeah, very sure that ethics committee investigation will turn up the evidence of the charges being true that Republicans say they need.

Meanwhile, in your search for "Democrat Hypocrisy" you keep a running tally of Democrats calling for Franken to resign immediately before the ethics committee is finished without having the brain power to realize you are only exposing the hypocrisy of your own position.
You seem more conflicted than usual.
I have no position on Moore since I am not able to vote in Alabama.
I only pointed out the hypocrisy of both democrats and the GOP in the Senate.
Moore will be a political albatross to the GOP in 2018 if he is allowed to serve.
Al Franken similarly threatens democrat chances for Doug Jones in Alabama.

After Franken resigns tomorrow what serial groper are you going to bring up as a comparitor for Moore? Because I have an idea.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10998 on: December 06, 2017, 03:54:52 PM »

"If Obama had done it, Trump would be undoing it"

You're correct. I'm an idiot.
Fixed it for you.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
bambu
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10999 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/business/sexual-harassment-debates.html?comments#permid=25104961

For many women, the revelations around high-profile predation by men like Harvey Weinstein began as a black-and-white issue that deserved zero tolerance. Yet as the movement has flowed into workplaces around the country and grown into a broader conversation about men’s behavior, it is getting more complicated. Women’s debates about sexual harassment are splitting.

Older women said they were stunned at how little tolerance those just graduating from college had for toxic gender dynamics that had long been considered pretty normal;

#####

Indeed..."boys will be boys".

"Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be" - 'Lady Sarah Ashley' [Nicole Kidman, the movie 'Australia']

NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11000 on: December 06, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »

After Franken resigns tomorrow what serial groper are you going to bring up as a comparitor for Moore? Because I have an idea.

Ah but that wouldn't serve his purpose for making the comparison, would it?

Unless he wanted to really point out the hypocrisy of the GOP in the Senate, as he claims.  Which of course, he doesn't.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11001 on: December 06, 2017, 03:58:05 PM »

I'm only being partly facetious, but I'm almost glad I'm not a 16 year-old guy trying to figure out how to interact with the opposite sex, while simultaneously dealing with the screaming needs of raging testosterone.

Slightly less TIC, there are standards today, which I'm reasonably sure were not the standard 10, 20 or 40 years ago, about "making the first move".

I'm just thankful that women today are more than happy to telegraph interest.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
bambu
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11002 on: December 06, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »

That Sheryl Sandberg, as a person who makes her billions from an internet site that THRIVES on Gossip and Snark to say, we have to be careful, is stultifying disingenuous.

I can only go by what she says, she seeming a beacon for the women today.
I believe that exactly what she said is true and relative.

Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer, cautioned against allowing the outcry to be undermined. “We need to make sure the people accused believe there’s due process,” she said. Credit Philippe Wojazer/Reuters

Last time I looked it up I'm almost certain I read that there were about 2000 or so false rape allegations in Manhattan every year.
Maybe part of where Ms Sandberg got her "There will be claims that aren’t true from.
In other words she's saying that some women will lie.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11003 on: December 06, 2017, 04:29:04 PM »

The announcement about the US embassy in Israel is clearly to get the evangelical block, hungry for the end of times, to stay on board with child molestation, sexual predations, along with mafia debt and subservience. To get people to trade their values for their goals requires you presenting that you can bring them much closer to their goals than they currently are. If enough people can be herded behind Trump and More and their dirty little fingers movement, they calculate they can steal over a trillion dollars from the US economy and retain their grip on power.

Remember Kid want us to get in line. It's a weird thing to hear from someone who has gotten so lost. 

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
bambu
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11004 on: December 06, 2017, 04:34:56 PM »

I'm only being partly facetious, but I'm almost glad I'm not a 16 year-old guy trying to figure out how to interact with the opposite sex, while simultaneously dealing with the screaming needs of raging testosterone.

Slightly less TIC, there are standards today, which I'm reasonably sure were not the standard 10, 20 or 40 years ago, about "making the first move".

I'm just thankful that women today are more than happy to telegraph interest.

Exactly.
Best idea is to...not talk to females at all, unless you run your proposed words thru the computer in your head for a detailed risk analysis first.
"Making the first move" seems to have gone out the window some time ago, but for sure and certain as of recently.

In times past 'Making the first move' was basically expected...refer Hollywood movies.
Today it could land a man in prison...or at least send him broke paying for lawyers.

A man needs to take his lawyer to work...in his head.

Tiffany O’Donnell, 48, the chief executive of a professional women’s network in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, said the wave of scandals might be causing some men to be too careful around women and overly focused on little issues. One man, she said, recently apologized after calling her and a group of her friends “guys.”

“If that’s how this is going to go, if that’s the new line, we’re going to have a problem,” Ms. O’Donnell said.

#####

Ya reckon?

That's how this IS now, and IMO 'you' do have a problem.

No more men hired in the workforce, and men in society too scared to open their mouths.

Sherry Turner, a women’s career counselor in Kansas City, said that she was thrilled by the movement but that there needed to be different punishments for different kinds of misconduct — from “somebody makes a bad joke versus someone being physical.” She said that nuance needed to be brought into the conversation.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11005 on: December 06, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »

Sounding like the individual mandate is NOT on the table to be cut during conference.
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11006 on: December 06, 2017, 04:54:50 PM »

A foregone conclusion

Yeah, very sure that ethics committee investigation will turn up the evidence of the charges being true that Republicans say they need.

Meanwhile, in your search for "Democrat Hypocrisy" you keep a running tally of Democrats calling for Franken to resign immediately before the ethics committee is finished without having the brain power to realize you are only exposing the hypocrisy of your own position.
You seem more conflicted than usual.
I have no position on Moore since I am not able to vote in Alabama.
I only pointed out the hypocrisy of both democrats and the GOP in the Senate.
Moore will be a political albatross to the GOP in 2018 if he is allowed to serve.
Al Franken similarly threatens democrat chances for Doug Jones in Alabama.

You read as badly as NEEDS. 
There is no comparison to make other than the one I stated:
Both parties are trying to throw their bad actors under the busses to limit political damage.
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11007 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:50 PM »

I understood what you meant the first time, thank you.
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11008 on: December 06, 2017, 05:06:15 PM »

Both parties are trying to throw their bad actors under the busses to limit political damage.

But...if both parties are doing that, then how could one be hypocritical?  There isn't anything inherently inconsistent with wanting to throw out bad actors, right?

I thought it was clear enough what I said about the hypocrisy of McConnell's condemnation of Franken, as it was with Moore.  But maybe that went over your head.

Totally completely unrelated:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/363562-poll-majority-says-congress-should-investigate-sexual-harassment
bambu
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11009 on: December 06, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »

Presidents prior to Trump have promised before elections to declare Jerusalem as the capital of Israel [the Jewish State], but have never done it.
Trump [steel man] has done it.
Is moving the US embassy to Jerusalem...will help with the peace process, reportedly.

Jerusalem...'The Holy City'...what better place for the capital;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10t7EbkHDzg
David Hobson - The Holy City - Carols by Candlelight 2012  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 1434
  Print  

Jump to: