Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 20, 2018, 07:37:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 914
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 77628 times)
whiskeypriest and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11025 on: December 06, 2017, 05:37:58 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-s-jerusalem-plan-undermines-u-s-interests-credibility-analysts-n826966

A different perspective on the "plan."

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11026 on: December 06, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »

GOP Senators have told him to quit the race. They have no other power until he becomes a Senator, if he does.

First, you swung and missed on the subject of whiskeypriest's post.  

Second, what GOP Senators have told him recently to quit the race?  This is important.  Because you would think that Trump's endorsement and polling that shows that Moore will probably win would be a good time to reaffirm your opposition to the public.

But, to my ear, it has been quiet.  Maybe your ear is better tuned than mine?
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11027 on: December 06, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »

A foregone conclusion

Yeah, very sure that ethics committee investigation will turn up the evidence of the charges being true that Republicans say they need.

Meanwhile, in your search for "Democrat Hypocrisy" you keep a running tally of Democrats calling for Franken to resign immediately before the ethics committee is finished without having the brain power to realize you are only exposing the hypocrisy of your own position.
You seem more conflicted than usual.
I have no position on Moore since I am not able to vote in Alabama.
I only pointed out the hypocrisy of both democrats and the GOP in the Senate.
Moore will be a political albatross to the GOP in 2018 if he is allowed to serve.
Al Franken similarly threatens democrat chances for Doug Jones in Alabama.

After Franken resigns tomorrow what serial groper are you going to bring up as a comparitor for Moore? Because I have an idea.
You read as badly as NEEDS.  
There is no comparison to make other than the one I stated:
Both parties are trying to throw their bad actors under the busses to limit political damage.

Franken wasn't that bad an actor. He made me laugh from time to time

But even if he was a bad actor, why is it only one party seems to be succeeding in that regards.

Conyers is gone

Franken rumored to be gone.

Moore, joins the club, as they need his devout Christian ethics and vote,

But he's on probation and will be watched closely at the RNC office Christmas party.
My favorite Franken role was when he partnered with Tom Davis on an early SNL skit where Davis was I think trying to raise money to combat a.serious medical condition Franken had, which had caused such extreme brain damage in Franken that he could only remember the punchline to jokes. Franken stood there with a bandage.around his head and a.vacant look on his face, but suddenly came to and blurted out, "He only took tips!"
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:34:36 PM by whiskeypriest » Logged

What does it matter?  All is grace.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11028 on: December 06, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »

A foregone conclusion

Yeah, very sure that ethics committee investigation will turn up the evidence of the charges being true that Republicans say they need.

Meanwhile, in your search for "Democrat Hypocrisy" you keep a running tally of Democrats calling for Franken to resign immediately before the ethics committee is finished without having the brain power to realize you are only exposing the hypocrisy of your own position.
Moore will be a political albatross to the GOP in 2018 if he is allowed to serve.

After Franken resigns tomorrow what serial groper are you going to bring up as a comparitor for Moore? Because I have an idea.
Both parties are trying to throw their bad actors under the busses to limit political damage.
What bus are the Republicans throwing Gameshow McPussygrabber under?
GOP Senators have told him to quit the race. They have no other power until he becomes a Senator, if he does.
What does the de facto head of the GOP say about the matter?

Apparently, it doesn't matter.

"No other power" - you know, like campaigning against him or donating to Doug Jones.

Telling the RNC not to give money.

All those sorts of "no other power."

McConnell said Moore should get out of the race. He has no other power... so now he has retracted that!

Trump changed his tune, too.

RSW has changed his tune a bunch of times, as well.

REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11029 on: December 06, 2017, 05:42:33 PM »

A foregone conclusion

I’ll repeat my take on it since you ignored it.
Trump wants GOP votes in the Senate and has three years left on his term.
Mitch McConnell sees the election of Moore as a threat to GOP majority in the 2018 elections.
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11030 on: December 06, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »

A foregone conclusion

Apparently, it doesn't matter.

"No other power" - you know, like campaigning against him or donating to Doug Jones.

Telling the RNC not to give money.

All those sorts of "no other power."

McConnell said Moore should get out of the race. He has no other power... so now he has retracted that!

Trump changed his tune, too.

RSW has changed his tune a bunch of times, as well.
McConnell hasn’t changed.
Trump prefers Moore over Jones.
I have no stance except to point out the politics in the situation. 
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11031 on: December 06, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »

A foregone conclusion

Mitch McConnell sees the election of Moore as a threat to GOP majority in the 2018 elections.
I've ignored it because I wanted to see if you could be rational.  And clearly you can't, because in the end you're a party loyalist.  It matters not what "GOP Senators have told him."  The head of their party has endorsed him. That is the GOP's position. Your party.  You can continue to try and thread the needle if you like.    
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:13:31 PM by yankguy » Logged

Come down off your throne and leave your body alone. Somebody must change. You are the reason I've been waiting so long. Somebody holds the key. But I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time. And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11032 on: December 06, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »

First... "Many Republicans, like McConnell, said Moore should step aside from the race if the allegations are true. McConnell's comments on Monday brought his position a step further, saying he believed the allegations and that Moore should go."

Then:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/mitch-mcconnell-says-roy-moore-should-quit-senate-race.html

McConnell says Roy Moore should quit the race.

And currently:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-flips-on-roy-moore-saying-alabama-voters-will-determine-his-fate/

"The people of Alabama are going to decide a week from Tuesday who they want to send to the Senate. It's really up to them."

josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11033 on: December 06, 2017, 06:03:55 PM »

A foregone conclusion

I've ignored it because I wanted to see if you could be rational.  And clearly you can't, because in the end you're a party loyalist.  It matters not what "GOP Senators have told him."  The head of their party has endorsed him.  That is the GOP's position.  Your party.  You can continue to try and thread the needle if you like.    

It's the same way that RSW denies the racism of his party and then ignores all evidence about it.

Or as he would say in response to this if I were not putting this here, "what evidence?"

josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11034 on: December 06, 2017, 06:14:25 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/362513-scarborough-trump-allies-told-me-he-has-dementia

a) I don't trust Joe Scarborough farther than I can throw the television he appears on.

b) That I don't trust him does not mean I am certain he is lying. He tells the truth just often enough that I cannot just discount it.

c) I would hope (but not expect) that if this is true, the WH doctor/medical staff would report it back to the VP and thence the Cabinet for invoking the 25th Amendment.

What would you want to see happen if it is true?

That's directed at Kid and RSW - I don't give a damn what the non-US citizen thinks.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11035 on: December 06, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »

But...if both parties are doing that, then how could one be hypocritical? 

Dems sort of blocked themselves from any chance of defending Franken

Ol' Al hit with the bad timing/ bad karma dual whammy.

Had there been no Roy Moore we likely have no full court pres on Franken and he could have dared them to bring the ethics charges (still may)

I actually respect Franken more if he fights.
REDSTATEWARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11036 on: December 06, 2017, 06:24:40 PM »

I've ignored it because I wanted to see if you could be rational.  And clearly you can't, because in the end you're a party loyalist.
Rational? I pointed out the differences between Trump and the GOP Senate takes on Moore and it’s not rational?
I don’t know what cave you have been living in for most of 2017 but Trump and the republican controlled Congress are not very often on the same page together.
It matters not what "GOP Senators have told him."
Why not?
The head of their party has endorsed him.
 That is the GOP's position.
Not the position of the GOP Senate.  

You can continue to try and thread the needle if you like.    
And you can ignore my observations and substitute your preconceptions as you always do.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11037 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »

That a couple of GOP Senators have tepidly stated that Moore should withdraw IS irrelevant.  Who cares? The Republican Party, as stated clearly, and in no uncertain terms by its head, wants Roy Moore to be a United States Senator.  

Have a nice night.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:31:12 PM by yankguy » Logged

Come down off your throne and leave your body alone. Somebody must change. You are the reason I've been waiting so long. Somebody holds the key. But I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time. And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11038 on: December 06, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/362513-scarborough-trump-allies-told-me-he-has-dementia

a) I don't trust Joe Scarborough farther than I can throw the television he appears on.

b) That I don't trust him does not mean I am certain he is lying. He tells the truth just often enough that I cannot just discount it.

c) I would hope (but not expect) that if this is true, the WH doctor/medical staff would report it back to the VP and thence the Cabinet for invoking the 25th Amendment.

What would you want to see happen if it is true?

That's directed at Kid and RSW - I don't give a damn what the non-US citizen thinks.

This happened last Thursday?

Sure didnt have much legs

I like Joe - and a few of his merry men.

His sidekick you can keep.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11039 on: December 06, 2017, 06:30:03 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-plans-kill-obama-regulation-184935808.html

This is an example of the sort of thing that would have been left in place if introduced by Bush (1 or 2), but which has to go because it was Obama's.

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 914
  Print  

Jump to: