Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 22, 2018, 05:38:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1233
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 112187 times)
Driver125, facilitatorn and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11070 on: December 07, 2017, 09:28:26 AM »

McConnell has gone from calling for Moore to leave the race or potentially removing him should he get elected to instead shrugging his shoulders and saying that the people's voice is what he will heed.
McConnell (with Paul Ryan & John Boehner) are the exact reason that the Republicans barely have a party any more. All of these guys have been complete weaklings and, in comparison to some of the republican politicians of yesteryear, terrible at their jobs. They needed to stand up against people from the Tea Party years ago to demonstrate to them just who was going to be in charge of the party, yet time after time they shied away from that fight to preserve the illusion that they were still in charge of a united republican party. And now they are in charge of nothing. The extremists within the party and Donald Trump now own the republican party, lock, stock and barrel.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11071 on: December 07, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »

Don't really own it - but definitely in charge.

The way it should be.

Could be a different atmosphere next time a Republican is in the WH - we'll see - but every guy that wins the presidential election gets to do it his way, with whatever limits laws impose.  Wasnt any different with Obama.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:27:21 AM by kidcarter8 » Logged
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11072 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:28 AM »

What, exactly, do you want from the GOP Senators that is different from the democrats advising a Franken to resign?

For starters, how about reaffirming their position after the head of their party gave Moore his full throated endorsement.

Instead its been, as you say, crickets.
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11073 on: December 07, 2017, 10:18:21 AM »

The Question I asked REDSTATEWARD yesterday:

Second, what GOP Senators have told him recently to quit the race?  This is important.  Because you would think that Trump's endorsement and polling that shows that Moore will probably win would be a good time to reaffirm your opposition to the public.

But, to my ear, it has been quiet.  Maybe your ear is better tuned than mine?

His response...

crickets
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11074 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:08 AM »

The issue is played, Needs.

Headed for the 12/12 vote.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11075 on: December 07, 2017, 10:32:37 AM »

How many scams will Mueller dig up?

10 minutes into the Trump presidency Flynn was ready to lift Russian sanctions and broker a nuclear energy deal with the Russians.

They should hang the motherfucking traitors

I'm starting to wonder.  A moderate Conservative I was talking with this a.m. was saying that it was unfair to hold Trump responsible for Flynn, and no reason to think Trump was involved in Flynn's nuclear plant scheme.  While I appreciated the non-rush to judgment,  I had to ask the same "how many scams" question you did.  Flynn's in the inner circle and he needs Trump to push lifting sanctions - how the hell could Mr. I. O. Deutsche NOT be involved?   I don't think it's a partisan hatchet job if Mueller was motivated to perhaps look into this little irregularity and see where it leads?  

But David Keene, the arch-Con of the Washington Times, has all the Faithful lathered up about how terrible Mueller is, how deeply biased his probe is, blah blah blah.  

It's like living in a banana republic - is everyone just numb, now, to glaring signs of corruption??

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11076 on: December 07, 2017, 10:33:23 AM »

The issue is played, Needs.

Headed for the 12/12 vote.

You commented on it all of 40 minutes ago.  

Maybe, if its "played", don't respond if the subject no longer interests you?

A suggestion offered kindly to an asshole.
NeedsAdjustments

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11077 on: December 07, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »

A moderate Conservative I was talking with this a.m. was saying that it was unfair to hold Trump responsible for Flynn, and no reason to think Trump was involved in Flynn's nuclear plant scheme.  While I appreciated the non-rush to judgment,  I had to ask the same "how many scams" question you did.

I too can appreciate that there are scenarios explaining the facts we have now that don’t involve Trump.

But for me it comes down to this…who the hell hired all these guys with intense Russian interests and connections to key positions in the campaign/administration?  The now well documented tidal waves of contacts pre and post inauguration (most of them initially lied about) four important members of Trump’s staff indicted for or related to contacts with Russians, his own son declaring “I love it!” when told of the Russian government’s attempts to help Sr. win the election…all of this happened without Trump’s knowledge or direction?

Yes there is the “how many more scams will Mueller dig up?” question.  There is also the “how many more scams do you need?” question.
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11078 on: December 07, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »

I don’t know what cave you have been living in for most of 2017 but Trump and the republican controlled Congress are not very often on the same page together.

What?  LOL.  Yeah, except on every single policy issue of any importance.  
Really? ObamaCare has been repealed? How’s that Wall doing on the border!?  DACA?

In fact, on Moore, they aren't so far apart.  McConnell obviously prefers a marketable Republican there, but doesn't oppose Moore so much that he would accept losing the seat to a Democrat.  Which was Trump's position all of a week ago before he said fuck it and went all in.  

Well, except that, as previously noted and ignored by you and YankGuy, McConnell is the adult in the room. For obvious reasons.

McConnell's statement this weekend is pure chicken shit.  "We'll let the voters decide..."

Pray tell who else will decide the election?
like nothing politicians say or do could ever influence voters...
Republican Senators telling Roy Moore to Bow out.

Mitch McConnell
Susan Collins
Jeff Flake
Cory Gardner
Lindsay Graham
Orrin Hatch
John McCain
Thom Tillie
Todd Young
John Cornyn
Ted Cruz
Steve Daines
Mike Lee
Lisa Murkowski
David Perdue
Rob Portman
Jim Risch
Mike Rounds
Marco Rubio
Ben Sasse
Tim Scott
Richard Shelby
Pat Toomey

Maybe that list of lightweights can talk to the head of their party and have him convince Moore to drop out. The head of your party wants an accused pedophile to be a U.S. Senator.

TRUMP backed the other guy

Alabama let him down.

Big Luther Strange (Alabama AG) accepted the appointment to the Senate, replacing Jeff Sessions in return for not prosecuting the corrupt governor.

Alabama chose the asshole over the crook.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11079 on: December 07, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »

How many scams will Mueller dig up?

10 minutes into the Trump presidency Flynn was ready to lift Russian sanctions and broker a nuclear energy deal with the Russians.

They should hang the motherfucking traitors

I'm starting to wonder.  A moderate Conservative I was talking with this a.m. was saying that it was unfair to hold Trump responsible for Flynn, and no reason to think Trump was involved in Flynn's nuclear plant scheme.  While I appreciated the non-rush to judgment,  I had to ask the same "how many scams" question you did.  Flynn's in the inner circle and he needs Trump to push lifting sanctions - how the hell could Mr. I. O. Deutsche NOT be involved?   I don't think it's a partisan hatchet job if Mueller was motivated to perhaps look into this little irregularity and see where it leads?  

But David Keene, the arch-Con of the Washington Times, has all the Faithful lathered up about how terrible Mueller is, how deeply biased his probe is, blah blah blah.  

It's like living in a banana republic - is everyone just numb, now, to glaring signs of corruption??

Without being overly paranoid, just moderately paranoid, I suspect that if Mueller digs into the financings of the Trump org he will find a lot of Russian linked partnerships that drew Donaled etal into a web where his business interests conflicted with US policy and our national interests.And those Russian interests had broader interests than just holding the Miss universe contest in Moscow.

Was the quid pro quo for the collusion/wikileaks of Hillary's emails/ fake news targeting Hillary, dropping sanctions to make Putin and pals that much richer. Did Putin care about the money or did he want to be able to influence US policy decisons that could streghtn Russia, weaken the US, and change the future for decades?

I suspect the latter, and he had the perfect puppet in Trump.

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11080 on: December 07, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »

The Question I asked REDSTATEWARD yesterday:

Second, what GOP Senators have told him recently to quit the race?  This is important.  Because you would think that Trump's endorsement and polling that shows that Moore will probably win would be a good time to reaffirm your opposition to the public.

But, to my ear, it has been quiet.  Maybe your ear is better tuned than mine?

His response...

crickets

I gather from this and the immediate prior posts that RSW has accused somebody of not responding, whether to him or to some national or international situation.

I don't see his responses, in good measure because even when he responds, it is still just meaningless chirping.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11081 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:39 AM »

Wash Times v Wash Post

Good old fashioned donnybrook

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11082 on: December 07, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »

Some are now calling for Clarence Thomas to resign, due to his Anita Hill harrassment issues.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11083 on: December 07, 2017, 11:13:46 AM »

Good luck with that
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11084 on: December 07, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »

Trump White House to people who have truly served the country: "Go live in the streets, bums!"

Four days after Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin held a big Washington event to tout the Trump administration’s promise to house all homeless vets, the agency did an about-face, telling advocates it was pulling resources from a major housing program.

The VA said it was essentially ending a special $460 million program that has dramatically reduced homelessness among chronically sick and vulnerable veterans. Instead, the money would go to local VA hospitals that can use it as they like, as long as they show evidence of dealing with homelessness.

Anger exploded on a Dec. 1 call that was arranged by Shulkin’s Advisory Committee on Homeless Veterans to explain the move. Advocates for veterans, state officials and even officials from HUD, which co-sponsors the program, attacked the decision, according to five people who were on the call.

"I don’t understand why you are pulling the rug out," Elisha Harig-Blaine, a National League of Cities housing official who was on the call, said in an interview afterward. "You're putting at risk the lives of men and women who've served this country."
...Advocates said cuts to the program were doubly foolish because the chronically homeless veterans it serves typically cost cities and the health care system hundreds of thousands of dollars for emergency room visits, ambulance runs and jailings that could be avoided if the veterans were reasonably sheltered.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/homeless-veterans-benefits-trump-207781

"I am your voice."---Donald Trump

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1233
  Print  

Jump to: