Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 17, 2018, 04:02:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1487
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 165195 times)
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11115 on: December 07, 2017, 04:25:15 PM »

I have no strong opinion on the significance of the President’s inability to deliver the biggest foreign policy speech of his Administration without sounding like a drunk.  Maybe he has false teeth?  Maybe it was another bout of cotton mouth?  Aren’t the chances of this pointing to a serious health issue kind of slim?

But the episode does provide yet another example of lies coming out of the White House, and the President’s spokespeople thinking that they are speaking to a gaggle of idiots.  Whatever the reason, a “dry throat” has to be the dumbest possible explanation.  We all know what it’s like to have a dry throat.  We all know how it makes our words croak out, our voice crack, loud vowels interspersed with whispered.  One thing a dry throat definitely does not make you do is speak like your tongue is twice its normal size. 

I mean, without speculating on why they are concealing the true cause, they really couldn’t be bothered to come up with a better explanation?  They really think that little of us.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11116 on: December 07, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »

Without the video he would have never been charged and even with the video a jury wouldn’t convict him...

An assertion that cannot be proved.

But nice of you to drop in and whine, despite Justice being served.

A jury did fail to convict him, no?  So, there is that proven.

And does seem as though the video was central to the case against, both in bringing attention to it, then proving that the victim didn't go after the taser. 

What evidence would there have been to dispute the officers account without the bystander video?
You don't think Mr. Utley cares do you?

The judge said "son what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't to have to die."
NeedsAdjustments
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11117 on: December 07, 2017, 04:30:35 PM »

Without the video he would have never been charged and even with the video a jury wouldn’t convict him...

An assertion that cannot be proved.

But nice of you to drop in and whine, despite Justice being served.

A jury did fail to convict him, no?  So, there is that proven.

And does seem as though the video was central to the case against, both in bringing attention to it, then proving that the victim didn't go after the taser. 

What evidence would there have been to dispute the officers account without the bystander video?
You don't think Mr. Utley cares do you?

I don't know, he cared enough to post about the sentencing.

Certainly a case that takes the pro side on body cameras.  Not a solution in and of themselves, but certainly would have been a deterrent here.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11118 on: December 07, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »

If Knicks is posting, Mr. Utley is posting a contrary position.  That's all you to need know.   

The judge said "son what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't to have to die."
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11119 on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »

I have no strong opinion on the significance of the President’s inability to deliver the biggest foreign policy speech of his Administration without sounding like a drunk.  Maybe he has false teeth?  Maybe it was another bout of cotton mouth?  Aren’t the chances of this pointing to a serious health issue kind of slim?

But the episode does provide yet another example of lies coming out of the White House, and the President’s spokespeople thinking that they are speaking to a gaggle of idiots.  Whatever the reason, a “dry throat” has to be the dumbest possible explanation.  We all know what it’s like to have a dry throat.  We all know how it makes our words croak out, our voice crack, loud vowels interspersed with whispered.  One thing a dry throat definitely does not make you do is speak like your tongue is twice its normal size. 

I mean, without speculating on why they are concealing the true cause, they really couldn’t be bothered to come up with a better explanation?  They really think that little of us.

Your concern for the President's health is noted and appreciated.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11120 on: December 07, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »

Frankened. Could be a new verb.

Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn. said he plans to resign after more than a half dozen women came forward over the past several weeks with allegations that he touched them improperly or made unwanted sexual advances. Franken also disputed some of the accusations and suggested he is being held to a different standard than President Trump.

"A couple months ago I felt we had entered an important moment in the history of this country," Franken said on the Senate floor. "We were finally beginning to listen to women about the way mens' actions affect them," he said. "Then the conversation turned to me," said Franken. "I was shocked” but trying to be sensitive to the women's feelings, he said.

Wimp.

Should stay and fight.
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11121 on: December 07, 2017, 05:52:38 PM »

they really couldn’t be bothered to come up with a better explanation?  They really think that little of us.
I think that Trump, at least in his own mind, has gone beyond caring what ‘we’ think. I’m almost certain that he does not care at all what the ‘fake’ media says or does anymore. Look at the world-wide firestorm his decision on Jerusalem is creating. Something like that might cause normal Presidents to pause or reconsider. Not Trump. His line of reasoning is “I’m POTUS and you are not so what I say goes”. A very dangerous line of reasoning, one which demands we find the fastest possible way to get him out of office before he does something so horrible as to be irreversible.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11122 on: December 07, 2017, 06:10:04 PM »

Dems get one.  Lets start the scorecard.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/arizonas-trent-franks-expected-resign
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11123 on: December 07, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »

On the issue of unemployed coal mine workers...

We can put a tariff on imported oil to pay to train the coal mine workers to do the jobs of the future, such as making solar panels, and wind power generators, etc.

We do not want to put a tax on the local, native oil, because that would hurt the USA, but what we can do is to put tariffs on the oil from the Middle East, etc, and use some of the money from the imported oil tariffs to train the workers in the coal areas to do the jobs of the future, and we need to give them business loans to create the companies of the future, etc.

The coal jobs will not return, and we need to train the coal workers for the jobs of the future.

The coal mine workers can help to build solar panels for Puerto Rico, and for Texas and Louisiana, etc, as those areas rebuild they need to go green and use clean energy, such as wind, hydro, geothermal, solar, etc, etc, etc, and the former coal workers can help to build the solar panels for them, etc, they should get tax breaks for buying American products as they rebuild.

Salute,

Tony V.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11124 on: December 07, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »

These guys want to mine coal, Tony
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11125 on: December 07, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »

Maybe I should.run for his seat....

This will not be on the Democratic radar for.a 2018 pick up.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
REDSTATEWARD
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11126 on: December 07, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »

Harold Ford Junior?
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11127 on: December 07, 2017, 08:00:52 PM »

Harold Ford Junior?
Dennis Hastert.?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11128 on: December 07, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »

These guys want to mine coal, Tony

Maybe Ivanka Trump, and Dolly Parton, and others, can talk some sense into them. The coal mining jobs are not coming back, and they need to train for the jobs of the future.

Salute,

Tony V.
bartolomeo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11129 on: December 07, 2017, 08:05:38 PM »

Harold Ford Junior?

Who left Congress in 2007?  So relevant how?  

Single incident with the standard he-said-she-said mismatch.  We need some kind of simple coding for these things.  Like "Harold Ford Jr. - that's a standard H4(b)."  

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1487
  Print  

Jump to: