Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 19, 2018, 05:37:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1222
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 110486 times)
luee and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12285 on: December 28, 2017, 11:14:04 PM »

Trump has spent a third of his presidency so far at Trump-branded properties.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12286 on: December 28, 2017, 11:31:37 PM »

Must reading for the folks like Josh and Knicks and facil and others who wish to fuck up 2018 with their continued knee-jerk reactionary politics:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/26/opinion/trump-liberals-armageddon.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Ffrank-bruni&action=click&contentCollection=opinion&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection

Armageddon is for forgeddin'.

A total crock of shit. Fury worked out pretty well for the GOP to the detriment of the nation.
Fuck Trump and his supporters who are clapping off rhythm while the Nero of Pennsylvania Avenue burns down the government of the USA. This is no time for being nice and/or genteel.
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12287 on: December 28, 2017, 11:33:35 PM »

Smoked too many onesies?

http://beta.latimes.com/nation/la-na-erica-garner-brain-dead-20171228-story.html

Doctors have listed the daughter of police chokehold victim Eric Garner as brain dead with no chance of recovery — five days after the mother of two suffered a massive heart attack.

Family members were being called early Thursday to Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn to say final goodbyes to Erica Garner, who became an outspoken critic of police brutality after her father's death in 2014.

This woman spent the last years of her life fighting the system, fighting for justice. Mocking her just isn’t right.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12288 on: December 29, 2017, 12:01:34 AM »

Probably should have been on medication for HCM.
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12289 on: December 29, 2017, 01:12:15 AM »

This is going to accelerate the hell out of the republican unraveling. It may even save the republic

http://youtu.be/Uz_uQDOk1yg

The venue is MSNBC, but the reporting is Business Weekly so Red’s red herring will fall flat gasping as usual. 

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:13:59 AM by facilitatorn » Logged

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12290 on: December 29, 2017, 07:09:16 AM »

Innerestin'. So Ryan is in danger of being out of the line of succession should there be an impeachment.
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12291 on: December 29, 2017, 07:29:29 AM »

Meanwhile (while I wait for the Times' "Long running script" to load) Gee, we forgot that the world is not static, and other countries can drop their taxes too. Tax In China dropped

2 things about the Chinese dropping their rates. One is that it indicates the first return fire in a global trade war that will only be won by the multinational "City States" that will be rewarded with lower tax rates.

2nd is the frustration of the revelation that China's taxes were net higher than US taxes. Not that this is a surprise, after all, how do people think that China (the government) has all that money to buy all of those US treasuries. They HAD to be collecting fees in some manner or another from the businesses that operate in country.

All these years, no reporting on that. Now that the tax cut has gone through, Oh, hey, lookie here.

I don't ever forget that the media is owned by corporate interests.

And speaking of which. I loathe Apple, mostly for their hypocrisy, but also for their blanking of science in favor of irrational emotionalism. Call it the science of abusing consumer's desire to be part of a crowd. And so I find it entertaining to watch as people object to Apple slowing down the iPhone _ when the iPhone_+1 comes out.

But why isn't anyone complaining that the MSFT OS is nearly worthlessly slowed by long running scripts when the next OS  or IE is intro'd?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:33:21 AM by Itz ME! » Logged
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12292 on: December 29, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »

Crikey!
(1.)Things must be pretty free and easy in America.

(2.)You have a mode of transport..."Shanks pony".

(3)Shanks pony...used to refer to one's own legs and the action of walking as a means of conveyance.

(4)The state owns the roads, and dictates what happens on them.  Walking on 'my' motorways/freeways is prohibited.
Wanna walk from Sydney to Brisbane?...gotta take the slow road.

(5)My non-US state can and will arrest you for being drunk or drugged while driving, even if you're not interrupting the flow of traffic.... (6)We the People demand the state does.

(7)My cops have 'V8 supercars!'...they always get their 'man'.

1. Learn to read what has been written and then comment on what it actually says.

2. Well you should exercise your ponies and don't look back at your keyboard.

3. Can't say that I am so interested in Aussie speak such that I would care what the colorless phrase means. Sorry.

4. We ARE the state. We own those roads. Those roads  (generally) were there long before the state put them there. The roads generally follow paths that were laid down centuries ago. And when they were paved, it was us that paid for that work. So how exactly does the state get to claim them?

5. So can they in the US. In fact, they can pull you over, shoot you dead and claim that they were afraid for their life. They can pull you over and then confiscate anything in your car that they can claim might have been intended for the commission of a crime. Eg. Got a wad of cash? You must have been on your way to do a drug deal, the police will just have to confiscate that until you can prove that it wasn't. They can force you to stop, just because they are forcing everyone to stop and arrest you because you have alcohol in your system. They can take away your license because others can't drive well when THEY have alcohol in their system. You're being arrested for something that someone else has done.

6. The people are given a false choice, and they took the one that seems the most reasonable. But there are many other choices that were not offered.

7. Our cops have these things called radios. They can transmit information at the speed of light. They have these things called cameras, they can record light. In point of fact, there is only one real reason to pull someone over, if there is an imminent danger. Just take the picture and send them the fine. Otherwise, just get ahead of the transgressor (with those radio waves) and wait for them to arrive. Here's your ticket. Or; you'll have to find some way to come back and get your car, you're deemed unable to continue driving it today. As per these pictures of your recklessness (or overabundance of caution, going too slow in the "fast lane").

High speed chases are stupid spectacles that put everyone on the road in danger for absolutely no net benefit.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:43:29 AM by Itz ME! » Logged
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12293 on: December 29, 2017, 10:10:32 AM »

Must reading for the folks like Josh and Knicks and facil and others who wish to fuck up 2018 with their continued knee-jerk reactionary politics:

Smoked too many onesies?

http://beta.latimes.com/nation/la-na-erica-garner-brain-dead-20171228-story.html

Doctors have listed the daughter of police chokehold victim Eric Garner as brain dead with no chance of recovery — five days after the mother of two suffered a massive heart attack.

Family members were being called early Thursday to Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn to say final goodbyes to Erica Garner, who became an outspoken critic of police brutality after her father's death in 2014.

This woman spent the last years of her life fighting the system, fighting for justice. Mocking her just isn’t right.

v.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/26/opinion/trump-liberals-armageddon.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Ffrank-bruni&action=click&contentCollection=opinion&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection

A total crock of shit. Fury worked out pretty well for the GOP to the detriment of the nation.
Fuck Trump and his supporters who are clapping off rhythm while the Nero of Pennsylvania Avenue burns down the government of the USA. This is no time for being nice and/or genteel.

That's a big load of Irony, right there. The guy who cites an editorial about picking fights is the same guy who can't see an article involving black people without he tries to make it a salvo in a war on race relations.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:38:27 AM by Itz ME! » Logged
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12294 on: December 29, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »

Trump Administration Moves To Weaken Offshore Safety Rules Prompted By 2010 Spill
The Interior Department says the rules created in the wake of the Deepwater Horizon disaster cause “unnecessary regulatory burdens.”
Yes! And the American people don’t need any sort of regulations which could prevent future Deepwater Horizon-types of accidents. Thank You President Trump….
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12295 on: December 29, 2017, 10:34:24 AM »

This is going to accelerate the hell out of the republican unraveling. It may even save the republic

http://youtu.be/Uz_uQDOk1yg

The venue is MSNBC, but the reporting is Business Weekly so Red’s red herring will fall flat gasping as usual. 

Interesting

Thanks for the link
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12296 on: December 29, 2017, 11:26:45 AM »

YOU'RE the problem, Josh. The American people want reasonable stances, not the radical ones you continue to propose. First you win, then you move towards what you really want.

YOU'RE the problem, Josh. The American people want reasonable stances, not the radical ones you continue to propose. First you win, then you move towards what you really want.

YOUR strategy is a losing one. Aren't you tired of losing? Better to move to the middle and win, than to advocate the extreme left and lose.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:31:05 AM by MrUtley3 » Logged

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12297 on: December 29, 2017, 11:29:14 AM »

Smoked too many onesies?

Some say she was in it for the money. Bottom line, Daddy was a crook selling onesies on the street. Did he deserve to die? NO. Not that way. But this isn't Les Miserables playing out here.

No one mocked her here. Just adding at least a tinge of reality to the situation, before you try to turning her into Joan of Friggin' Arc.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12298 on: December 29, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »

"Smoked too many onesies" isn't mockery of a dead woman?  If that doesn't sound like mockery to you, that possibly explains a lot of the flack you get here.

Just want to share one resolution for Monday:  I plan to support, with donations, more investigative journalism from independent zines and papers.  We are living in days when digital advertising pays fractions of a penny and incentivizes cheap, sensational content.  If we want people to vote for real candidates (versus, say, con artist blowhards) then we need to support organizations that do more than toss out clickbait.  I think the triumph of clickbait and FB trolls and flaming tweets and foreign hackers is the real disaster of 2017. 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
oilcan

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12299 on: December 29, 2017, 12:19:09 PM »

Cue violins and sad Sachs-aphone music....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/dec/29/trumps-tax-changes-to-blow-a-5bn-hole-in-goldman-sachs-profits

What's funny is that Mnuchin, a former Sachs-man, oversaw these changes. 

(Guardian takes donations, Barton....)

Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1222
  Print  

Jump to: