Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
July 23, 2018, 09:24:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1497
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 168319 times)
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12330 on: December 30, 2017, 08:14:39 AM »

"Smoked too many onesies" isn't mockery of a dead woman?  If that doesn't sound like mockery to you, that possibly explains a lot of the flack you get here.

Just want to share one resolution for Monday:  I plan to support, with donations, more investigative journalism from independent zines and papers.  We are living in days when digital advertising pays fractions of a penny and incentivizes cheap, sensational content.  If we want people to vote for real candidates (versus, say, con artist blowhards) then we need to support organizations that do more than toss out clickbait.  I think the triumph of clickbait and FB trolls and flaming tweets and foreign hackers is the real disaster of 2017. 
Guess you're not as familiar with the subculture as you claim.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12331 on: December 30, 2017, 08:17:08 AM »

"'Smoked too many onesies' isn't mockery of a dead woman? " Likewise, "Some say she was in it for the money."

"If [those don't] sound like mockery to you, that possibly explains a lot of the flack you get here." [It also explains a lot of the flack he doesn't get, due to the inclusion of his handle on 9 ignore lists.]

Many here do choose willful ignorance over any kind of challenge to their views. That's their flaw, not mine.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12332 on: December 30, 2017, 08:18:07 AM »

Mr. Utley's ability to read and reason has now gotten to the level of bambu-ilk.

Says RSW's twin.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12333 on: December 30, 2017, 08:22:07 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/how-much-time-trump-spends-trump-properties-mar-lago-n753366

88 trips to his golf properties from the man who chastised Obama for too much golfing.
https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/3/27/15073086/donald-trump-tweets-barack-obama-golf

Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter

5:03 PM - 13 Oct 2014

"After eight years, Obama played some 333 rounds of golf but only played some 26 rounds in his first year."
http://www.obamagolfcounter.com/

That means Obama averaged 44 rounds of golf after his first year. Trump has doubled that, but in his first year.

And so you decide that in order to win in 2018 you should be focusing exactly on this kind of  crap, instead of advancing a message from the Democratic Party that will resonate with the voters.

It's past time for you and the other left wing Dems to give up the daily ranting and drop the tearful outrage, and get busy with advancing something constructive.

That's how you win elections.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12334 on: December 30, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »

Trump's version of "going postal":
http://fortune.com/2017/12/29/trump-amazon-post-office/?xid=gn_editorspicks&google_editors_picks=true

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12335 on: December 30, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »

Trump setting records for turnover in the White House:

http://fortune.com/2017/12/28/trump-white-house-record-first-year-turnover-rate/

Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12336 on: December 30, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »

And end with. They impeach or don't. Don't, is my bet.
I would tend to agree with you. Particularly if that disgusting Trump love-fest after he got the so-called tax cut bill passed is any indication. I can’t believe how the Republicans are now defending someone even they didn’t want back during the primaries. What happened to those ‘Never Trump’ Republicans? Complete abdication of their self respect. Shame now appears to be throughly absent within that party. Just win at all costs.
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12337 on: December 30, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »

High speed chases are stupid spectacles that put everyone on the road in danger for absolutely no net benefit.

True...but necessary in some circumstances....kidnapping of babies/adults, bank robbers, etc.

Why? What are they going to do? Disappear into thin air? You can track their whereabouts with a drone and send the information to agents ahead who can simply wait for the car to arrive. Further, there is no reason that they can't put a kill switch into the car (which they do use for lenders, late on a payment? car won't start) to turn the motor off in the case of the extremely rare circumstance you describe.
What else would work would be if your followers were placed into your circles as a result of their score. The higher their score the nearer the circle. Such that knuckle draggers are in the outer orbits and can only get to see your tweets if either they decide to get smarter or if someone closer to the center retweets.

However if the smartest people are in the closest proximity, they are less likely to retweet something stupid, like "It's cold today, so global warming is a hoax."

The globe heats up, the globe cools, naturally.
In Australia, in 1929, birds were falling out of the sky dead it was so hot.

Yeah? Interesting. Birds are usually smart enough not to fly when it's that hot. But, ok I'll play along.

And what happened in 1930? was it hotter still? What was the situation in 1928? had the temperature been rising for years before? And what about that hole in the Ozone that used to be over Australia? Did that just arrive and then just go away by itself? Or was it there because of human actions? Actions that, when abated, resulted in the hole filling back in?

The entire world (virtually) agrees that the global trend of warming is real. Except for some guy who figures he'll be dead before it makes a difference anyway. Oh, and you.

It doesn't particularly matter why the Earth is warming. It makes a difference that it is and so it makes sense to do something to prepare yourself for it. A warming Earth means the size of the oceans will expand, and the oceans don't care that you're in the basement, they're coming in!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:43:45 AM by Itz ME! » Logged
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12338 on: December 30, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »

"'Smoked too many onesies' isn't mockery of a dead woman? " Likewise, "Some say she was in it for the money."

"If [those don't] sound like mockery to you, that possibly explains a lot of the flack you get here." [It also explains a lot of the flack he doesn't get, due to the inclusion of his handle on 9 ignore lists.]

Many here do choose willful ignorance over any kind of challenge to their views. That's their flaw, not mine.

No, not "any kind," your kind.

Are you familiar with the concept of "axiomatic?" There are certain principles that have been established as basic truth. When someone comes along and constantly flouts the axioms claiming that they are "challenging their views." it isn't incumbent on those who hold to the axioms to re-present the proofs of the axiom. It is the job of the challenger to present their proof.

When the challenger consistently refuses to accept the repeated refutation of their flawed proof it is natural for him to be shunned by the group.

Obviously, you are not on my ignore list (right now). I do find your line of reasoning to be repulsive and boring (mostly boring). I would not, if I were you, consider that to be a badge of honor.   
Bart
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12339 on: December 30, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »

I've resolved to cut way back on amusing clickbait in 2018, but this...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/29/politics/donald-trump-new-york-times/index.html

....was so funny, I couldn't resist.  Trump took his very big brain over to the NYT and had a chat, it seems.

Re global warming - as Josh link reminds, the latest polar vortex is in fact further evidence FOR global warming.  GW doesn't mean it gets warmer  everywhere all the time.  Weather and climate are 2 different things. 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12340 on: December 30, 2017, 11:06:45 AM »

"'Smoked too many onesies' isn't mockery of a dead woman? " Likewise, "Some say she was in it for the money."

No, not "any kind," your kind.

Are you familiar with the concept of "axiomatic?" There are certain principles that have been established as basic truth. When someone comes along and constantly flouts the axioms claiming that they are "challenging their views." it isn't incumbent on those who hold to the axioms to re-present the proofs of the axiom. It is the job of the challenger to present their proof.

When the challenger consistently refuses to accept the repeated refutation of their flawed proof it is natural for him to be shunned by the group.

Obviously, you are not on my ignore list (right now). I do find your line of reasoning to be repulsive and boring (mostly boring). I would not, if I were you, consider that to be a badge of honor.    

The day I start to care what you or any of the other self-important twits here think of me personally, has yet to come, nor likely ever will.

The "group" is a circle jerk all wishing to remain self-contained within its chosen echo chamber.

I've never cared to be part of such a fraternity of sheep.

Shun away.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:08:31 AM by MrUtley3 » Logged

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12341 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:22 AM »

If the presence of the polar vortex here in these areas where it doesn't usually make an appearance is "weather" rather than "climate" (and I agree), then its presence doesn't argue one way or another with regard to global warming. As you said weather and climate ARE different.

The judge said "son what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't to have to die."
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12342 on: December 30, 2017, 11:12:13 AM »

If the presence of the polar vortex here in these areas where it doesn't usually make an appearance is "weather" rather than "climate" (and I agree), then its presence doesn't argue one way or another with regard to global warming. As you said weather and climate ARE different.

Weather and climate are different as a 3-game series vs the entire 162-game season.

The climate change deniers are like those folks who project 145 wins for their favorite team once it's won its first two series in April.

MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12343 on: December 30, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »

Amusing:Residents living near the Colorado home where Vice President Pence and his family are staying for the holidays have posted a rainbow “make America gay again” banner.

Neighbors in Aspen, Colo., placed the banner on a pillar that sits at the end of both homes’ driveways, The Aspen Times reported.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/366857-pences-vacation-neighbors-post-make-america-gay-again-sign

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12344 on: December 30, 2017, 11:26:35 AM »

I don't normally post here but y'all know trump is gettin' ready to be impeached, right, everything like collusion was there even though he said there is no collusion...he's fucked 6 ways to Sunday...

Should be good political drama
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1497
  Print  

Jump to: