Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 23, 2018, 11:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1063
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 89569 times)
evvie and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14955 on: February 07, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »

Yeah, but I am just kidding around

Josh is serious.

Funny.

Josh is serious.

You are seriously dodging.

I don't think Hope Hicks is Trump's girlfriend. However, if she were it would be more reason to be careful, not less.

And, still, you think that a woman going out with a guy about whom there is evidence he abused his two wives does not have reason to be cautious?

Maybe you just don't think a woman's being smacked around a little is a problem.

Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14956 on: February 07, 2018, 04:30:46 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372758-white-house-staff-secretary-resigns-amid-abuse-allegations

He is, of course, innocent.

The photos are of course misinterpreted and the explanation innocent.

If I were Hope Hicks, I would be very careful.

why?
Be sure her boss might grab her by her pussy?

What does it matter?  All is grace.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14957 on: February 07, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »

yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14958 on: February 07, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »

That Elon Musk was an illegal immigrant has been floating around the interwebs for a couple of years now.  It hasn't been proven and Musk certainly doesn't claim to be. 

I don't know what happens when people die. Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try. It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear. That I can't sing. I can't help listening and I can't help feeling stupid standing around.
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14959 on: February 07, 2018, 05:06:55 PM »

That Elon Musk was an illegal immigrant has been floating around the interwebs for a couple of years now.  It hasn't been proven and Musk certainly doesn't claim to be.  

ok.

ETA: https://www.snopes.com/elon-musk-illegal-immigrant/

I had been aware of his brother's insistence that they were illegal and the "gray area" comment, but had not considered the question since then.

My mistake.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:10:18 PM by josh » Logged

NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14960 on: February 07, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »

And now this -

just 42% think Russia meddled more with the elections than the FBI

Trump approval update:

48%

Trend baby trend.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

Achtung, y’all.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14961 on: February 07, 2018, 05:31:39 PM »

The Musk status is a bit cult figurish, given that Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning were the original co-founders of Tesla.  

Nor did he found Solar City.  Nor did he found PayPal.  

I appreciated the pro-immigrant sentiment, but the meme is riddled with errors, besides the bogus "illegal" thing.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
josh
Superhero Member

Bohemian, indeed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14962 on: February 07, 2018, 05:56:28 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/russians-penetrated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

There is no evidence that any of the registration rolls were altered in any fashion, according to U.S. officials.
(Jeh) Johnson told NBC News he is now worried that since the 2016 election a lot of states have done little to nothing "to actually harden their cybersecurity."

Manfra said she didn't agree with Johnson's assessment. "I would say they have all taken it seriously."

Several of the states on the list claim that they were never attacked.

Manfra's response to Johnson's claim that the states have done litte, that they took it seriously, is not, itself, to be taken seriously!

This is especially true following Tillerson's comments.

NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14963 on: February 07, 2018, 06:04:58 PM »

The Musk status is a bit cult figurish, given that Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning were the original co-founders of Tesla.  

Nor did he found Solar City.  Nor did he found PayPal.  

I appreciated the pro-immigrant sentiment, but the meme is riddled with errors, besides the bogus "illegal" thing.

Musk is a transformative figure. I believe his hyperloop concept is going to revolutionize ground travel in the USA. HI Speed rail may never get over the hurdle of the freight rail industry but his Boring Company may be able to sidestep traditional infrastructure hurdles.

Musk IS the cofounder of Solar City with his cousin Lyndon Rive who is VP of Tesla energy products.

Solar is being attacked by the GOP on behalf of the fossil fuel industry... until they can squeeze every last Petri dollar out of the ground... then they’ll become true “energy” companies as soon as they figure out how to monetize and monopolize the very rays of the sun.

Meanwhile,

http://www.techradar.com/news/elon-musk-is-giving-50000-south-australian-homes-free-solar-panels-and-batteries

While bambu rages about electricity costs has there ever been mention of this?
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14964 on: February 07, 2018, 06:09:11 PM »

He and his ilk likely don't trust Musk.  He's a foreigner. 

I don't know what happens when people die. Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try. It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear. That I can't sing. I can't help listening and I can't help feeling stupid standing around.
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14965 on: February 07, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372758-white-house-staff-secretary-resigns-amid-abuse-allegations

He is, of course, innocent.

The photos are of course misinterpreted and the explanation innocent.

If I were Hope Hicks, I would be very careful.

why?
Be sure her boss might grab her by her pussy?

She appears to have a thing for the ‘bad boys’ since she was dating Corey Lewandowski... and you can ask Trump supporter, singer Joy Villa and former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields what they think about Lewandowski since both claim he manhandled them.
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14966 on: February 07, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »

He and his ilk likely don't trust Musk.  He's a foreigner. 

But you’d think he’d be ok with Musk, considering he is a white South African...
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14967 on: February 07, 2018, 06:29:45 PM »

Perhaps, but the first three letters of "Musk" are the first three letters of "Muslim" so you know what that means.

luee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14968 on: February 07, 2018, 07:07:58 PM »

Nothing in Wiki about Musk being an IA.

---Elon Reeve Musk (/?i?l?n ?m?sk/; born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born Canadian American business magnate, investor,[9][10] engineer,[11] and inventor.[16]---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

Not hateful of rich yankees or infidels.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

X'Cessive Mercenary

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14969 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:17 PM »

kid may be on to something.

If a parade can cure depression.

Maybe it would be an effective solution to opiate addiction?

Depression rates will be plummeting in Philadelphia after tomorrow, if kid is right. Don't you agree, banks?

I'm not sure, the first NFL championship in 58 years, might carry Philly for a few more days. Maybe they should have held the Eagle parade in mid-summer when the Phillies are struggling and the city needs a "pick me up".

Maybe so. Maybe the Celtics should have a parade now, before they choke in the play-offs, again, repeating the nightmare season ending of the Pats? A little pick-me-up for the suicidal deviants of Southy, perhaps.

A little touchy are we?

I just gave you the truth. Philly will enjoy an Eagle buzz for awhile, and then deal with the suckage of the Phillies, as they have almost every year for over a century.

heh

Celtics will not be the favorite in the NBA Finals this year, so losing in "nightmare" fashion is unlikely.

But i suspect that if they keep on maturing as a team there may be a parade in their future

And btw, there is no Southy, its "Southie"

and I've no idea about the emotional pulse of deviants, thats your area of personal knowledge.

heh

The nightmare scenario would be losing to the Sixers.

And you may head Southie, as as you remove your tiny head from your fat ass.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1063
  Print  

Jump to: