Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
February 24, 2018, 04:49:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should be done to lower gas prices?
Allow drilling off shore and in Alaska
Allow drilling off shore, but not Alaska
Develop more oil from the lands the oil companies already have.
Take over Iraq and Iran
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1063
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Administration  (Read 89755 times)
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15000 on: February 08, 2018, 11:10:29 AM »

Josh - what do you make of Porter's assertion that HE TOOK THE PHOTOS that were circulated?

So what? Big deal!

She said he punched her in the first place and she had him take the picture to show him the next time.

More than two complaints and TROs against him.

FBI wouldn’t support a security clearance for him.
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15001 on: February 08, 2018, 11:23:06 AM »

Defending liars, thieves, abusers, and pedophiles....heavens, being a GOP loyalist must be exhausting!  I don't know where Kid gets the energy!

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
Itz ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15002 on: February 08, 2018, 11:26:59 AM »

Point there being: He didn't have security clearance. But he handled all the docs passed on to the POTUS. But he didn't have security clearance. But some of the docs and some of the meetings that he attended with the POTUS were top secret?

Let's not go back to the dumb game of "I know you are but what am I?" but let us not forget the apoplexy of the right when Hillary (who had security clearance) received emails on a server that did not have security clearance. These same people are AOK with Trump's team KNOWINGLY putting classified documents in front of the eyes of a non classified- approved person.

Did he leak info? I don't know ( I wouldn't think so, but this administration has been sieve like). Is he indicative of a larger issue in the Trump Administration? He certainly is cause for investigation. An Audit ought to be done to make sure everyone who needs security clearance has a valid certificate.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

A non-card carrying citizen of RSN since 1957

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15003 on: February 08, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »

Defending liars, thieves, abusers, and pedophiles....heavens, being a GOP loyalist must be exhausting!  I don't know where Kid gets the energy!

Who knew Warren Zevon was clairvoyant?

Well, I went home with the waitress
The way I always do
How was I to know
She was with the Russians, too

I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money
Dad, get me out of this

"Hank Steinbrenner?
What a bunch of
(expletive) that is!"

-Red Sox Nation
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15004 on: February 08, 2018, 12:08:12 PM »

Given the level of reported abuse, over an extended period, it might be something in their relationship, some way of maintaining a threat, that we cannot understand.  But the bruise and swollen cheekbone is there, whoever snapped the shutter.  And Porter's disclaimers that it wasn't all that bad are undermined by the photos and the reports of both ex-wives.

I had missed this and so am not certain of the degails, but "I didn't hit her THAT hard" is a pretty crappy argument.

What does it matter?  All is grace.
NYKnicks12

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15005 on: February 08, 2018, 02:50:41 PM »

We must not forget the blood that was shed to secure basic human rights. America is backsliding into the muck...

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/orangeburg-massacre-survivors-fight-for-remembrance-of-bloodiest-civil-rights/article_66cd9b1e-0604-11e8-a307-036240bdda75.html

facilitatorn

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15006 on: February 08, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »

Given the level of reported abuse, over an extended period, it might be something in their relationship, some way of maintaining a threat, that we cannot understand.  But the bruise and swollen cheekbone is there, whoever snapped the shutter.  And Porter's disclaimers that it wasn't all that bad are undermined by the photos and the reports of both ex-wives.

I had missed this and so am not certain of the degails, but "I didn't hit her THAT hard" is a pretty crappy argument.

Not nearly as crappy as the ones that are used to justify the continuing reign of his ultimate boss, the Corpulent Interloper. GOP members and the RNC are keeping their Wynn money to further attack women and the poor this fall, just to add another data point.

The Primative Lesion himself has sampled every kind of rape from marital to statutory along with many lesser forms of assault and harassment. They can’t want to hold people accountable for that kind of stuff and they won’t unless the public forces the issue.  

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15007 on: February 08, 2018, 05:24:28 PM »

I thought surely I must have clicked on an Onion article by accident when I saw this today....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-intel-committee-gop-plan-to-wall-themselves-off-from-democrats-devin-nunes-adam-schiff/

If anyone wants to run a contest for the most ridiculous political news story, I am submitting this.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15008 on: February 08, 2018, 05:25:59 PM »

Off topic and apropos nothing, the entity for which I work sent around an email notifying us that it will be zponsoring prostate screening, including a Digital Exam, to take place in the parking lot tomorrow. I am appalled.  A man needs his privacy at a time like that!

barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15009 on: February 08, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »

We must not forget the blood that was shed to secure basic human rights. America is backsliding into the muck...

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/orangeburg-massacre-survivors-fight-for-remembrance-of-bloodiest-civil-rights/article_66cd9b1e-0604-11e8-a307-036240bdda75.html

Good reminder.  When white students were shot in Ohio, they got a Neil Young song.  I like this comment --

Healing, Sellers said, depends on more than the mere passage of time and a focus on the positive; it demands a confrontation with the facts.

barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15010 on: February 08, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »

Off topic and apropos nothing, the entity for which I work sent around an email notifying us that it will be zponsoring prostate screening, including a Digital Exam, to take place in the parking lot tomorrow. I am appalled.  A man needs his privacy at a time like that!

I still think the safest and most private anal probings are to be had in a UFO.  And you get a trip into orbit that does not involve handing your life savings to Elon Musk. 

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15011 on: February 08, 2018, 06:04:39 PM »

I still think the safest and most private anal probings are to be had in a UFO.  And you get a trip into orbit that does not involve handing your life savings to Elon Musk. 
In fairness, the difference between a Public Digital Prostate Exam and my employer's normal personnel policies may be mere semantics.

bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15012 on: February 08, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »

The way I always do
How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Dad, get me out of this

Simple solutions...

Don't go home with waitresses...and don't gamble in Havana.
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15013 on: February 08, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »

The way I always do
How was I to know

I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Dad, get me out of this

Simple solutions...

Don't go home with waitresses...and don't gamble in Havana.
"Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom's. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own."---Nelson Algren

I don't know what happens when people die. Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try. It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear. That I can't sing. I can't help listening and I can't help feeling stupid standing around.
bambu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15014 on: February 08, 2018, 06:26:29 PM »

If the Trump family and their pet dog are paraded off overseas permanently...there'll be no one left to "Make America Great Again".

On my tv last night was shown a section of the current wall...and illegals simply getting over it at the rate of one every 3 seconds.
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1063
  Print  

Jump to: